CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Surprising tonight's CONCACAF W Championship is only on Paramount+ and not only linear CBS Sports Network too

2. hwkn

hwkn Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's on TUDN in spanish.

3. richo65

richo65 New Member

Liverpool
    Brazil
    Aug 13, 2021
    Thank you! Gracias!

AlbertCamus repped this.
  4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does not offer Champions League in Spanish. That's owned by Univision and put on their channels and/or streaming service (Vix). They're supposed to have Serie A in Spanish, but the times I've checked for a Spanish audio track, I've not been successful in finding one. (Many games have an Italian audio track available.)

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea if the late-night shows are live this week, but I'd imagine so. Putting it on broadcast CBS (considering it was just summer reruns) would have been epic.

But I'm guessing it's about consistency. Either way, simulcast it... put it on Paramount+ (because some people are used to streaming apps) AND on CBS SN.

6. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Today’s Champions League Qualifying match between PSV Eindhoven and Monaco was destroyed by the horrendous commentator Jonathan Dreier.
    Where is this guy from and how is he allowed to broadcast such a match?
    Absolutely terrible job.

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

8. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Commentators name was Jared Newman

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He is indeed terrible. I will never understand this practice of muting the professional (in-stadium) commentary and inserting hockey announcers speaking from some window-less room in Connecticut or LA.

10. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes. He was awful. I was actually hoping the match didn’t go to extra time just because I didn’t want to listen to his screamy Nascar style commentary. Leave it to the pros who are European based!

BocaFan repped this.
  11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BocaFan repped this.
  13. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    NorthBank repped this.
  14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe 6 years is enough time to rid their studio/analysts of the copious inanity

15. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think CBS is the first network since ESPN to take the Champions League Seriously and put effort into it CBS has done a good job covering the Champions League

BocaFan repped this.
  16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox wasn't bad, but then again, I watched most games while listening to other stuff.

I had FS1 on the TV, FS2 on the Slingbox to the laptop with the ESPN3 games also on the laptop and ESPN2 on the phone. I could easily keep track of 7/8 games at once.

Say what you want about their announcers, but the games were accessible. Of course, it was just before the "everything is streaming" craze.

TNT was just amateur hour all around.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, I learned this week that the removal of the away goals rule really sucks for watching second legs On Demand through Paramount+. Its kinda nice that the commercials, halftime and other crap is removed from the On Demand games, but the one negative is that it tells you exactly when a match will end. That's a pretty big negative though when the possibility of extra-time and PKs looms, which is the case in most second legs due to the lack of the AG rule.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  18. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    That's interesting, I hadn't thought about it. At least it won't matter in the group stage. Maybe they'll figure that out by next spring.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At least for the KO stage most of the matches are on "regular" TV (iirc?) and can be DVR'd, albeit maybe not in English if that's important to people. But knowing when the match will end means you might as well turn the game off with 20 minutes to go, if not sooner. Unless its tied on aggregate, in which case you can turn it off right after the next goal.

This spoiler trumps not having the game in one's favorite language IMO.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  20. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't know how you watch P+ but on my Roku I just open the match from the menu and close my eyes for a second or look away when I hit the forward button so as not to see the progress bar. It's neither ideal nor perfect and occasionally I slip up but for the most part it works for me to avoid seeing the match length.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'll try that next time. But since the length of the stream is posted right next to the icon you have to click to play the stream its difficult to avoid.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's where using a Roku helps b/c you can just hit the play button without looking at the progress bar.

Someday, someday the streamers will tweak their GUI/settings so that we can choose to not see the progress bar if we want to avoid this form of spoilage. And many, many other tweaks that are badly needed. Maybe in 2, 3 or 4 years they'll figure this kind of stuff out. ;)

BocaFan repped this.
  23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monthly:
    $7.99 with ads.
    $12.99 no (limited) ads.

Annual:
    $79.99 with ads
    $129.99 no (limited) ads.

This promotion for the Paramount+ and Showtime bundle ends on 10/2.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/p...hes-limited-time-bundle-discounts/ar-AA11jKIs

The regular price remains unchanged:
    Ads/no ads
    $4.99/$9.99 yearly
    $49.99/99.99 annual

Seeing as the code "ITALY" for one month free of ad-free is still valid, I signed up now and immediately canceled. When my trial month runs out on 10/1, I can immediately take advantage of the above offer.

13 months of commercial-free Paramount Plus and 12 months of Paramount Plus with Showtime for $129.99 probably isn't a terrible deal.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  24. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Is the commentary on the Milan v Inter game like 3-4 seconds behind action for anyone else on Paramount Plus?

25. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Oh hell yeah.....Ray Hudson back on comms doing CL for Paramount Plus for the PSG v Juventus game!!

AlbertCamus and NorthBank repped this.