CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I kinda scolded her when she asked that. Especially when it came on the same telecast where she said "I've been at a fair few football grounds".

I mean, I was a little late the game in understanding why players were sprinting after matches, but I've known about it for years. Someone in her position/proximity to matches... there's little excuse for not knowing that.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My previous research indicated that the CR game will be on P+/Peacock/Universo. Odd that both CBS & NBC would have streaming rights, no? It sure would be nice if CBS chucked this on CBSSN. It was such as joy to watch that on real TV with real full-function DVR. I rewound several times in-game to replay goals/etc. Someday perhaps by 2030 they'll figure out how to make streaming GUI's as good as 1998 DVR technology. ;)

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was just about four minutes into the USA-CR match that I found out that CBS SN would be showing it. That's a nice little surprise.

Tuesday's game on CBS is Atlético Madrid @ Manchester City.

Wednesday's game on CBS is Real Madrid @ Chelsea

NorthBank repped this.
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now Kate Abdo said something about the picture that US Soccer sent out possibly including past legends.

She was doing so good, but had two bone-headed mistakes these past few games.

NorthBank repped this.
  5. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the ad-supported tier of Paramount+ include all of the soccer? It seemed like at one point, it only included the UEFA competitions, but it sounds like that has changed to where it includes the Serie A, SPFL, NWSL, and Argentinian games.

6. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Not sure but for an extra $50 a year you get it all:
    Are soccer matches available for live streaming on Paramount+? (paramountplus.com)

7. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah, either subscription gets you all the soccer content. The ad supported version doesn't really affect soccer viewing too much as ads are shown at half-time no matter what.

AlbertCamus and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  8. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

9. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are games interrupted by commercials during play on the ad supported plan? Any difference between live and replay?

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically: When you watch archived shows, the ad-free plan removes current/modern ads from where they'd normally be. The plan with ads puts them in.

Only buy the ad-free plan if you don't want to waste time sitting through ads when you watch archived shows.

(Game archives? Hmmm..)

bwiorly repped this.
  11. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, thanks. I've been on the ad-free plan for a year and while it's nice to not have commercials in archived shows, the main reason I subscribe is soccer.

Looking to save money, I'm wondering how the downgrade to the ad supported plan will affect soccer games. I have no problem with pre-game, post-game and half-time ads, but worried about possible ads during play of live and/or archived games.

Feedback from members currently on the ad supported plan will be much appreciated.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  12. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I get the add one, no adds during soccer games. Strangely, no adds during Star Trek Enterprise either.

13. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    There are two ads plans: regular and one with limited commercials, which is not offered anymore. I have the one with limited commercials, and there are no interruptions. I watched south park and twin peaks without any commercials. Not really sure why it is called limited commercials since I never saw any.

14. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because there are ads during some CBS simulcasts.

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #540 Kryptonite, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    I'm watching Liverpool vs Benefica and the players are going to their positions for the minute of silence for the anniversary of Hillsborough.

The audio is echoing. Kate Abdo just came on and mentioned the audio issues. There's audio from the studio while the tech issues are being worked on.

About 7 1/2 minutes in, we've joined the world feed.

16. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I've been doing the split screens on paramont + lately. It is not a bad way to do it.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you do that within the P+ web/app GUI? Or do you do that by opening P+ in separate windows on your computer?

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When I had it on the app, there was an option for side by side. The only bad thing was that the sound wasn't user-controlled.

19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll check that out on my iphone/ipad sometime. But today I've been watching on my windows laptop via their website... don't see any side-by-side option there. Is it not an easy thing to do in a browser??

20. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    The studio crew's attempt at freestyle was an embarrassment. They should have gone straight to the world feed and kept it for the whole match!

21. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Paramont + app on Roku offers split screen option. The commentary switches between games.

NorthBank repped this.
  22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I never noticed that. I'll have to try it out sometime. If I can only remember!

Still curious why this feature seemingly isn't available on all Paramount's platforms?

23. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't really catch this but I can only imagine. I used to kinda respect Kate Abdo but in the last year or two I've noticed a switch to silly inane banter between everyone on the set. To the point where in a 1hr pre/postgame show there's maybe 15mins of valuable info/insight. So for me, the whole production is a relative embarrassment, compared to others like NBC, which IMHO is the most seriously professional. I haven't watch ed much ESPNFC in recent years but they might be somewhere in between. FOX seems to be as well.

The thing that I've been wondering is... why? In the last year or two Abdo has switched providers a few times, and yet the overall style seems consistent. It makes me wonder if she's aligned with some 3rd party production team who just sells their services to the big man of the moment, sets up their tent and puts out their silly show, which may have peaked when they spent much of one show doing an arm-wrestling match between Richards & Onyewu. Or maybe it's all about Abdo who perhaps has become big & powerful enough that she can just dictate the style & content??

24. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    That I don't know. You find the split screen option the same way you could find the golazo show live during the group stage.

25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how is that?

Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing? I was thinking there'd be an icon on the screen of the first stream you pull up, but perhaps you have to declare your intentions before opening up the first match?