CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Do they mention sponsors/ have graphics of sponsors during the pregame?
    If they do then it would be kinda hard. ;)

2. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah they don't fool around, starts with kickoffs and ends seconds after the final whistle. I do like that they edit halftime out.

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I wrote about this above. I think this approach of starting right away and ending right away is annoying. But there seems to be no way to get to them. I guess if Twitter was abuzz with the topic, maybe that would reach them.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. But...if the sponsors obviously don't mind enough to be cut out entirely, then I'm not sure they'd mind a "skip ahead" button.

But even if they wouldn't allow for that option, at least a viewer could FF through the pregame.

HomietheClown repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    On another note, (I mentioned this in the CONCACAF forum) I notice the El Salvador-USA World Cup Qualifier will be on both Paramount+ and CBS Sports Network.
    Good decision.:thumbsup:

NorthBank repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea if they'll do this consistently for all our WCQ matches? Or just for some? <he says wondering how much he really needs to keep his monthly P+ subscription which barely gets use>

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going monthly, it's easy enough to cancel P+ and if the game isn't on CBS SN, sign up for P+ just minutes before the broadcast starts.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure.

But my gut says Honduras will also be on CBS SN since they are a better team and also have a lot of fans here in the USA.

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, I used to do this with ESPN+. Actually come to think of it, I'm not sure I'm on a monthly plan for P+ rather than annual. Will have to check.

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only this was the main criteria for footy matches being placed onto broadcast channels. ;)

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So true.

12. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    beInSchwartz repped this.
  13. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah...we're screwed

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    As it is, no sponsors or anything with the Paramount+ on-demand CL matches. Not even Heineken. Straight to the kick-off, as a poster mentioned above!

There was 90 seconds of commercials at halftime though (at least for the match I watched on replay - Benfica x PSV).

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I noticed today that CBS Sports Network showed Dundee vs Hibernian.

Next Sunday Rangers - Celtic will be the match on tv.

AlbertCamus, BocaFan and Mikebsiu repped this.
  16. MunkDogg

MunkDogg New Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Sunday August 29th CBSSN will show Genoa vs. Napoli at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT. Pregame and post shows also.

HomietheClown repped this.
  17. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Was out of town all weekend so missed Serie A start. Anyone else having issue on Paramount Plus PS4 app where Milan v Sampdoria watch live option is missing? Its available as an option on my laptop.

Weird.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Lol the clowns they have covering the CL draw. Unreal!

So bad I thought I was watching FOX for a minute.

19. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Does anyone know what is going on with the Asian World Cup qualifiers?

I thought Paramount got the rights, but I don't see any indication on the app yet that the matches will be shown.

20. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Yeah, I quickly scrambled to find the official UEFA stream. Not sure why they didn't just run with that. They may have eventually, but I didn't stick around to find out.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nope, they skipped most of the show including the presentation of UEFA awards and the tribute to Ericksen so that their clowns can analyze the draw. Loved the 'analysis' after only pot 1 was drawn. "Man City in pot A. Your thoughts. " :)

22. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Let me guess a bunch of Americans with no champions league experience chatting about something they have as much knowledge of as we do?

23. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I didn't watch the draw live but there actually were a few things that could have been discussed following the draw from Pot A.

"Man City in pot A. Your thoughts."

"Well, with Chelsea in Group H, as we look ahead to Pot B and take into account the parameter of the separation of clubs due to television audiences, it means that Manchester United will have to go into either Group E with Bayern, Group F with Villarreal or Group G with Lille. And if I'm a United fan I definitely know which of those three I want to avoid!
    Along the same lines, we know that Liverpool will go into either Group B with Atletico Madrid, Group C with Sporting Lisbon or Group D with Inter. And if I'm Liverpool I know which one of those I prefer.
    I think the one really interesting thing to watch though is PSG. With Lille in Group G it means that Messi and company will go into one of Groups A through D. Imagine Guardiola having to play against Messi after he had supposedly rejected a chance at signing his former player. It could come back to bite him!
    There are other possibilities to look for regarding the continental clubs but since the Premier League is the best league on the planet do we really care about those other factors?"
    *Everyone laughs*

:)

Redbullsnation2012 and BocaFan repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Man, who cares about a draw.

Especially for a competition that does another draw after the Group stage and so on.