CBS: More and more Americans tired of UN's act

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Waingro, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Waingro

Waingro Member

Feb 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.

More...

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Most Americans are probably looking at their 401(k) and hoping to get this thing over, one way or another.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Why should the UN give a crap what "more and more Americans" want? Apparantly, the American government doesn't give a crap what "more and more" Europeans want, now do they?

4. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    That poll also found that 45% of Americans believe Hussein was personally involved in the 9/11 attacks. Make of that what you will.

5. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    we don't listen to them now. but when they get dressed up and make posters and wander around in the streets listening to guys like martin sheen their voice "should be heard from the highest mountain"

:rolleyes:

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching CBS news last night and saw this. I was quite surprised. The American public is moving toward Bush as well. I proposed a theory as to why on another thread. In (very) short, the Bush propaganda machine is working, but it may be a Pyrrhic victory. The media and elites are increasingly skeptical, and overseas, the Bushies' pathological lying about 9/11 is crushing our credibility.

The Bushies may be winning the domestic public opinion battle, while losing the "rest of world, and American media" war. This is a perfect recipe for support that's a mile wide and an inch deep.

7. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    if that's what all this thumb in ass business is about then that makes me feel better. beacuse as a person who was really behind this and watched it just drag out and started to get confused at what the bushies were still trying to sell people on. i got lost because i still felt there ergency. heard there was ergency from the admin. saw no ergency. but if the square dancing works out in our favor then by all means continue mr. bush.

8. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    I just wonder how much of the support for an attack on Iraq is based on the misapprehension (so far as all informantion shows) that Hussein was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks.

9. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I think the majority of pro-attack Iraq folks think there's a proven connection to 9/11. So does Bush, and he's cynically using that belief to his advantage.

10. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    probably the same amount of people who got on board with the france boycott.

11. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    blair tries to sell it more than bush does.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see poll which only uses the responses of people who know the truth about Iraq and 9/11. I'd be very surprised if that sub-sample wasn't strongly against the war. But it'd be damn interesting to see.