News: CBS (and Univision) Wins Champs League Rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by QPR Kevin H, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Pasha

Pasha Member

May 16, 2004
    St Louis, USA
    Ok they finally fixed it. Still, not a good first day.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #77 NorthBank, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Yeah but I have a hunch that AllAccess is not free for people whose channel lineups include cbs properties.

I just tried to confirm this but their website is largely unresponsive. Perhaps they’re wilting under the pressure of UCL streaming demands?

Ps. I thought I remembered someone saying that they were gonna show some games on their Regional Sports Network channel, but I see no evidence of that. :(

Pps. I just found that my team’s UEL match Thursday is on TUDN. No habla espanol pero no problemo. :D

3. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have an RSN. They do have a national sports network, CBSSN, but I doubt we see games there until the knockout stage.

NorthBank repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    #79 BocaFan, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Grr... an hour after all the matches ended they still haven't posted any replays.

Heck, not even for the early (18h55 CET) kickoffs, which makes me wonder if they are there and I just can't find them.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, CBS SN had their Golazo show there today.

I was able to watch Galavision. Since I had music on, it could have been in any language for all I cared.

6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The Zenit-Brugge match seems to be missing from their replays. The other 7 matches show available for me.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Anyone catch the Paris FC v Bayern Munich match last night?

Oh wait. "PAR v MUN" is PSG v Man United? o_O #amateurhour

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What's strange is that as of around 11:00p EDT last night I can't find any replays of yesterday's games! :mad: I just see "Live schedule", "Highlights" and "UCL Specials". The "Replays" category has disappeared, or am I missing something obvious?

9. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I have no idea what app or what you were using to access CBS. I can only speak for the apps on my Roku & Fire tablet, where replays were available but just the one match was missing.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, on my Roku I see 7 matches listed under "2021" (they don't know what year it is, but ok) with just the Zenit match excluded. They became available at 6:15 EDT yesterday, or some 90 minutes after the final whistles. Am guessing they simply forgot to upload the Zenit game.

When using a web browser I don't see any replays available.

11. Pasha

Pasha Member

May 16, 2004
    St Louis, USA
    That was always their problem. Back before Internet streaming, they used to have Winter Olympic rights. So in 1998, they were showing the Olympics on... one channel, CBS. Which meant most of hockey games were unavailable (I remember having to use my father's BUD to get the CBC feeds).

In 2002, however, NBC acquired those rights. And it was wonderful, for they used not only NBC, but also USA, CNBC, MSNBC and some other channels. Hence all the hockey games were there, and I suppose most of other contests as well.

12. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I only had time for highlights yesterday, and was pleased on CBS access on my laptop was really fun highlights show. Good mix of highlights, personality, and analysis with focus on the Americans who played.