Cauldron/Supporters Group Logo

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Buzz Killington, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    So after all the complaints about the "dark indigo" in the jersey, we don't even use the main Wizards blue as the main blue in the Cauldron logo?

4. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    [​IMG]

Heres some screensaver sketches, hopefully they will be available to everyone soon when they are done. If you are interested in one, pm me, any input or thoughts ?

matthias

5. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    why still the wavy version of "Cauldron?"

You've got the vector art for the clean version. The traced version just looks odd.

6. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    Its the version I was emailed. Im redrawing it on sunday. It will replace all the current mockups.
    m.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I know the file wasn't perfect, as I only spent a couple minutes stretching the original font, and it probably needs adjustment - but why is it that yours looks so wavy compared to the Cauldron here? It's from the same file I sent you.

[​IMG]

8. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok heres a question for everyone...I talked to Rovert about it but I thought I would ask all of you...(and I am sure it will get some remarks:rolleyes: but),

What about getting some Track Jackets with the new logo on it to sell?

ok go...

9. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    OK,

Option #1 first you get alot of blue jackets on the cheap. Then you embrioder them. Then you sell them.

The hard part would be getting the thread to exactly match the color. The five colors.

Option #2 get alot of blue jacekts on the cheap. Then you screen print them on. Then you sell them.

Option #3 you find a place that carries or can order a bunch of blue jackets and screen prints or embroiders them. Then you sell them.

Next.

10. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK.

I am asking if anyone would be interested in them.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Gotta be honest. I am way more interested in Wizards attire than Cauldron attire. Nothing says "members only" more than a jacket.

12. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gotta be honest too...SNORE! AHAHAHAHAHA

13. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok well since oj and I are the only ones to make response to this and oj isnt into it then, nevermind. Thanx for the input oj. :D

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was what I first thought when I read about the idea.

15. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    i agree, i'm saving up for a new 2008 Wizards jersey and maybe a Supporters Scarf when they become avaliable.

though a Wizards Blue Member's Only Jacket with Cauldron logo would be totally gnarly... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

16. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh now everyone chimes in for the snide remarks...love it! you guys just rock!:rolleyes:

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kept my mouth shut til someone else spoke up because I'm tired of being the first one to always chime in on stuff and being told that I'm "pooh poohing" ideas.

18. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    i wasn't trying to be snide, just clever ;).

i would like to see the Cauldron logo appear on more gear. and bumper stickers. has someone thought of making some stickers with the new logo?

19. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HAHAHAHAHAHA...YOU ARE A POOH POOHER! HAHAHAHAHAHA

20. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Personally I love stocking caps. Once the temp drops below 70 I start wearing one. I would love to have a cauldron stocking cap.

21. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh, I dont know it might look like were members or something.:rolleyes:

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just see a difference between the idea of a jacket and a t-shirt. T-shirts are inexpensive and easy buys/sells to people. Jackets are more expensive and require more of a commitment from people to purchase one. Jackets just hit me as one of those things that are "members only." T-shirts don't strike me that way, they seem more all inclusive. If all that makes sense. It at least makes sense in my head.

23. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City
    also i think 70's style bowling shirt would be cool. logo on the back and your name for bisoccer id on the front

24. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just giving you guys crap. I understand why you might think that but when it gets colder and the supporters have the option of purchasiing something with the cauldron and kc on it that is a bit cheaper than the actual kc adidas brand attire than why not try to get the cauldron name out there any way we can. I am not saying go out and buy them and try to sell them and have the possiblity of a load of merchandise we cant sell ( and that includes anything else), but see what we can do and take orders for exactly what has been ordered.

I have bought the new jerseys, last years jersey, two sweatshirts with the old logo but i would def. would by a cauldron track jacketor some kind of sweat shirt too. I just dont see it as a members "only" type thing rather i see it as "supporters" thing. Just more options thats all.

25. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

Ordering these things in bulk is what makes them cheap, its what makes scarves cheap. Going out and getting 17 of these things isn't going to be enough. I would be surprised if a 50 count was enough to get a price break. If you really want a cauldron track jacket go back to my option 1. On a small scale it is probably going to cost the same as the kc adidas brand. That is unless you have a hook up somewhere in the chain.

Don't want to sound all doom and gloom its a decent idea. Just sayin it how it is. If you can make one on the cheap make 5 others and sell them off to people at tailgates.