Cauldron Road Trip: Dallas 10/15

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Jun 28, 2005.

1. oreo11

oreo11 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Hey it's Emily. Count me IN!

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Bout time you got here :)

3. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    no kidding.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Cool. Welcome to BigSoccer. :)

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL it took you a week to get on here after you told me you would.

6. oreo11

oreo11 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Hey now, cut me come slack. I 'm just not as computer savy as the rest of you. It doesn't help that my MOM is the internet nazi so I don't have access at home. But when I leave for school tomorrow, that will all change.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    NO SURF FOR YOU!!!

:D

8. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Ok...I'm waiting for one hotel to get me pricing, and then I'll post all the information into a new thread.

If we travel in groups of four (which usually is the case) this trip is going to be pretty darn cheap. If you're in a group of four that goes down Friday night and stays two nights, expect to spend $55 + food + gas. Not bad if you ask me.

9. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang! That sure is impressive.

And a reminder - those who come down on Friday will be rested for the Inferno-Mystics kickaround/scrimmage/bloodmatch (okay, the last one is a joke - really - I mean that) around noon on Saturday (might be 1 or 2... we're still working on details). Even on Oct. 15, it will probably be hot, so you will need all the subs you can get.

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    go for NOON if you can. that is what my email says :)

11. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that is the goal. Right now, the FO is buried in trying to sell the Pleasure Dome, so I haven't been able to finalize field availability. I agree the sooner the better.

12. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben,

A couple of names to add to the list:

Lee-(the co-worker of mine that stood with us at the USOC match in Parkville
    Josh-My other nephew (Tylers step-brother)

13. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Cool....not going to matter much though for names on this one. You're going to book your own trip. It'll all be laid out for you nicely though.

14. oreo11

oreo11 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Hey KCRovert! On Sunday (14th) we talked about getting down to Dallas and you mentioned you were planning on driving. Could I reserve a spot in your van?

15. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll probably drive.

Myself, Chris and Ock and Mike would probably go in my van.
    I'd have room for 1 more.

16. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. I thought that was you, no problem. That gives me 5, including myself. I would have room for 2 more (1 more comfortably). The new guy that was at the Sunday kickaround (I of course don't remember his name) was also talking about riding with me. We suggested he sign-up here in BS and let us know for sure.

Not sure yet weather we will leave on Friday after work or wait until Saturday morning. We can work that out later.

17. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll also have space for a couple in my car, although it's leaving from Wichita. If necessary, you can off-load a couple of people so you'll only have to suffer 3 hours of cramped cabin as opposed to 9.

18. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the time we hit Wichita, I may want to "off-load" a couple!!!

19. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    BTW, Matt, Dave and I are driving down. We have room for one more. PM me.

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    More importantly....

Everything is done. Two hotels have 10 rooms blocked off. Funny deal about this crap is that when blocks are set up, they have to be for the dates they put in the system. In other words, the blocks are set for 10/14-10/16 (arrive Friday, leave Sunday). If you want to arrive Saturday, you're on your own for now. Call and try to sweet talk them into giving you the same rate, just for one night.
    IF there turn out to be large amounts of fans that want to stay only one night, which I don't suggest, then I'll get a different block set up for those people. Right now we're going with two nights.

Information to be posted when I'm at work tonight. I have to get a couple of legal things faxed out and we're set.

21. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work, Ben.

Any info on special "visitors section" game tickets?

I will be there for the Saturday Noon Kickaround. Never played with you guys before, so I'll be a willing substitute when anyone gets gassed. Just look for the 33 year old with the slight paunch around the middle wearing the cheap $20 black adidas.

Oh wait, that probably describes half of us :D

22. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    you guys are goin down! this match will be good practice for the cbc vs bs death match planned for the weekend before mlscup.....if you dont know what im talking about just read greg lalas' article on mlsnet....any of you are welcome to have a one week membership to the cbc.

23. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I disagree, I ain't goin' down on no one! :D

Oh, and WE are going to win the game. (Do we need to take this to Rivalries? ;) )

24. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Scratch that...Stu gets to get away from the wife for this trip, so he's got the last spot in my car.