Cauldron Review 3/29

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by t.z0n3, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watching the replay now. You can hear us all game. Well done guys.

2. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Cauldron was amazing last night. I loved everything about that game, except for me spilling beer on myself on the berm. My friend and I moved down to the corner so that we could stand and not be in anyones way. Even though it was hard to see the other end of the field, it was an incredible experience. I could have touched the players on those corners, which makes me wish I had something witty to yell at them on the corners. Emilio's missed cross was hilarious, when me and a bunch of guys started yelling at him for it. After the game my friend and I kept singing the 'ohh kc wiz' chant in the car for nearly the whole 3 hour drive. Then we had our aftergame drinking celebration at 2am. We have convinced another friend to go pretty much based on the scarves and our enthusiasm. Can't wait to go back this saturday!

3. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    I found my new favorite post game activity, walk through Legend with a group of people singing chants.

4. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if only we didn't have to go all the way back to ames after the games.

5. directorman

directorman New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Omaha
    Ames IA? Sup fellow University-City-Dwelling-Iowan!

I trek down from Iowa City every game :)

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah. Great night, but that didn't go as planned. I'll have about 4 or 5 fewer shots before the game.:D That should help us try some of the new stuff more successfully. Sorry to meet you for the first time in that state Kot! Oh and sorry to the girl who got hit in the face with the flag pole. I was told later it was somebody else, not me, but I'm not sure. :eek:

7. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT!!

I was and still am stoked after that game! The flags looked great and i bet everyone could hear us even ou tin the parking lot. They probably couldnt understand what was being said but they could hear us!! We def. need to get together!

The argies were a problem! I love them being there and had fun with them but trying to get anywhere with them standing in the aisle and cramming themselves into a spot where i was already standing became a problem. Them coming in late needs to be addressed with them(and i am sure someone has said this already and everyone knows it but i wanted say it too), and them bending the back of the bleachers and leaving not owning up to it is not cool!

the kids that sat in the middle of the cauldron and complained about us being to out of control... they needed to sit elsewhere if they arent getting involved...the cauldron is not a place someone who is going to sit the entire game and complain about being us being wild.

the after party was great! i met jack jewsbury, kerry z., leo (the cool cat), many of the wizards staff ( hazel!!)and ROBB H!!! Let me tell you about Robb. He is sooooo into what we want and how to make it better for us, its crazy! I am soo impressed with him! He wants the best not only for the Wizards, the front office, Ongoal but for the fans!! I am telling you this is guy is the shit! I want to go more into it but i have a ton work to get done ( insurance claims from the tornado down here), but if you want to know more send me a message.

Hey, you guys all( even mike was nice to me! hahaha), rock in my book!!! Thank you for another great time and this season will be great!

oh and i cant leave out Sam!! thank you sam for al lthat you do and did! And thank you to Amber and Paige! You two rock!!

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, I'm not THAT much of a dick on here.

9. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually mike...you are pretty cool. We just disagree on somethings but we both want the same thing!

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were these the kids that were in the front 4-5 rows in the main row part for the Cauldron? They seemed disinterested and only there to say they were there.

Do we need to bring up the discussion again of possibly roping off sections?

11. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just to get this straight, you're a spur and a hawk?:rolleyes: Do you go by yourself? cause that drive seems awful even with a friend.

12. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't you.

13. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its the girls that szazzy was talking about( the ones that got hit) but the ones you were talking about got into the game and chants a little but i dont think knew what to do most of the time. I do think we need to find a way to let anyone know that gets tickets for the cauldron that it is pretty much standing only (unless its half time or you are too drunk to stand anymore), and its a wild place. Those girls that got hit by the flag wanted us to "settle" down...ummmm...hmmmm...someone didnt get the memo about the cauldron!!

14. toritoritorrence

toritoritorrence New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    the LX
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have to say you're meaner in person.

15. Kcwizforlife

Kcwizforlife New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me and my friends were in the front row singing, but most people around me and people to my right weren't

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know some of you guys were. Not all were from what I saw though. Apologize for generalizing you with all the people in those rows.

17. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something that wasn't a problem on Saturday that I could see becoming a potential problem in the future is the drum placement. We were lucky enough to be able to have all of the Cauldron + La Doce drums in generally the same area that night, but with a section that wide and with so many different drums, I can see problems arising - as I recall, when the drums got spread out that much last year in Arrowhead we had MAJOR problems coordinating with the Argie chants, and vice-versa.

I mentioned the idea to Robert at the game, but I really think it would be prudent to mark off a section of the Cauldron to be used just for drums and people that play them - from all groups.

And while it certainly won't solve the problem, doing this COULD somewhat alleviate the pressure caused by all the Argentines coming in late. If the drums have a set place to go already, then there may not be QUITE as much confusion.

I'm sure that and other issues will be worked out in time. For the first game in a new venue with new policies and a COMPLETELY different layout than Arrowhead, I don't really think we could have asked for anything more from the Cauldron. I'm sure that by mid-season it'll be rockin' consistently.

18. ManUnited90

ManUnited90 New Member

May 31, 2006
    kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was in the front row as well...I got to my seat at 5:00, Im pretty sure me and my bro and our friends where singing our hearts out and my friends and I were on the far right in the front row of the Cauldron, Im pretty sure we were singing...If you watch the highlight of the first goal and you see the close up of the Cauldron I was the one throwing my coke around.

19. benditlikebarbosa

benditlikebarbosa New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    South Kansas City KS
    the friends of mine that I did bring for the blue brigade were definately singing. Most of them had learned the songs by the end of the night. We even got some morep eople to join us, even though you can't formally recognize us YET. we're still gonna work on that.

Also, we took it upon ourselves to march throughout legends singing postgame. We came up with a song that clicked pretty well, or so we think. It might be a bit too "green street" for some of you guys because i've been bitched at about that before, but here's one we came up with.
    (just like the U-N-I-T-E-D one that Man U does)
    W-I-Z
    A-R-D
    The wizards are the team for me
    (or "A Wizard I shall always be")
    with a knick nack, paddy whack
    give a dog a bone
    why don't (opposing team name) f**k off home!

Let the input of "no!"'s flow in, because god forbid I say f**k and rip off another english song.

And by the way, the hairs on the back of my neck stand everytime I watch highlights from the game and see the cauldron erupt right behind the goal. My dream of a goal-posterior supporters section has finally come to life!!:D

20. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Green Street alright, and it's a rip off, but everyone else has used it so you can hardly be called a plagiarist for doing the same. I'm torn on this though. imo singing that in the Legends: fine--however, the Cauldron are making an effort to cut back on the earthy lyrics in the section for the sake of family friendliness. If you start that stuff in the stadium, we will all be painted with the same brush. imo please use common sense with it. Last thing we want is for some family's first trip to be their last because we enlarged some 6 year old's vocabulary. Maybe we can keep it to early USOC games when we will be at some high school field and no one is there to offend but us.

21. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marching through Legends (a family shopping and dining area) singing f**k off home?

Yeah, that is a classy way to bring people to root for the Wizards... :confused:

22. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Surprised I didn't see you, we'll have to hook up next time, I had around 13 friends or so doing the same thing. As far as copying goes I'm ok with using anything considered a common terrace chant. Now if anyone suggests singing something like Forever Blowing Bubbles, I'm against that.

23. ManUnited90

ManUnited90 New Member

May 31, 2006
    kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah as much as I love Man United and that song..... I dont think that it is a good way to promote the Wizards, I mean we are in America not England (I wish we were in England :D)

24. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not going to get away with it over at the Legends either, but the crowd over there is mostly teenagers and young adults. But yeah there are some kids running around out there too so security won't tolerate it over there either, but better there than in the stadium. They're gonna do what they're gonna do, but I don't want anyone saying we contributed to it; that's where I'm coming from.

25. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand why you would not want to be associated with it in the stadium. Bad behavior by fans of a team anywhere can contribute to the image of the team. I know there are teams I root against based upon the attitudes of the fans. Not all of their fans are jerks but enough of them for me to base an impression.

I would hate for the random fans who thought they might check out a Wizards game to be turned off by that behavior inside the stadium or outside of it.