Cauldron Presence at Wizard Sponsored Events

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Aug 11, 2006.

1. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I know the team has a horrible track record of giving us notice for events, but I think one of the best ways we can grow our numbers, show better support for the team and players, and raise the profile of the team is to try to make a semi-organized appearance at some of these events the team holds around town.

If anyone knows of a team event, post it here. The better notice we get, the better chance they have some turnout. This one looks too hilarious to pass up. I think I'm going to make this one, Aunt Jemima chants in hand.

2. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I could, but being middle of the day, just can't make it.

3. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. Can't really justify a vacation day for this.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah I know the timing is bad for a lot of people with real jobs. I put this more up here because I think if we had a schedule of team events and made it a priority to support team community events, it would make us stronger as group, and get Wizards sponsors to feel like their support of the Wizards is worth their money.

5. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, I got what you were saying and I agree - the timing on this one just sucks.

6. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my god.

That is only about 5 minutes from my house.

I'm there.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sweet. I think Kathie might be there as well. I wonder if they're going to let random fans swim in the syrup?

8. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I'll be there. It's too good to miss.

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Just so everyone is clear, this is next Monday the 21st not tomorrow. Just warning you because normally we get about 48 hours notice on this stuff.

Maybe the Cauldron could make a donation of school supplies as well for the event? I'll probably take some stuff out there.

10. shazamfan

shazamfan New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    wait.....i dont work on mondays...who wants to come see lance in wt goop with me.:)
    cait...come one....just this once..:)

11. shazamfan

shazamfan New Member

Jun 10, 2006

UMMM>I'LL BRING MY BIKINI....Ahhh. It'll be great...please please. i sure hope they do...i guess there will be a few of us there. anyone know if we're gonna bring anything or whatnot?

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I completely forgot about this event. Kathie sent out an email that made it seem like she had a good time. Hopefully she'll post about it.

13. KC_Karma

KC_Karma New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo
    Why sure, Jeff, I'd love to! : ) It was pretty fun....Scrappy whimped out but Tyson and Ryan went in...Ryan even went in again for a rematch against Stacy - a fan that got more coins than he did...they tried to get Jason in, but he didn't go...it wasn't a very big event...a handful of people there....but several tv crews and newspaper photographers...they almost outnumbered the people there to see it.

And yes I took lots of pictures of the sweet event...once I get home, I'll work on them and post em online (provided the site lets me, it's been giving me grief again).

But yeah, it was good, if nothing else, to see Wizards players out and about in the commuity!

14. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they asked if i wanted to get in after the event...i would have participated in the event itself but i'm not about to get in there without a change of clothes after the event has taken place....especially after three people have been in it, not that sanitary if you ask me

15. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. KC_Karma

KC_Karma New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo
  17. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. KC_Karma

KC_Karma New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo

I knew it wouldn't take you long!

19. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did i win the bet?...one post, or did we not bet?

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Here's a new one today.

Meet A Pair Of Wizards
    Kansas City fans will get a great chance to meet a pair of Wizards this Wednesday, September 6th, at Soccer Master in Overland Park. Wizards' Generation players Ryan Pore and Will John will be on hand from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. to sign autographs and greet fans at Soccer Master located at 9013 Metcalf in Overland Park.

21. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Are people planning on making the Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraiser at Coaches on Tuesday? I'm going to go for a bit early, then after the HASF meeting come back again. Wizards players will be slinging drinks - sounds like a lot of fun.

22. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna try to make it to this one, but with Beth leaving town on business Wednesday morning it might be tough.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
  24. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty sure that kathie and i will be going out...just not 100% sure, but close

25. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The Cauldron showed up pretty well I thought to that event. They did give us a reason to drink together. Maybe that's what some of the other events are lacking. :D