Cauldron Meeting

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've spoke with a few people and those that I've spoken with have agreed that we need to have a Cauldron meeting now that we know the team will be here next season. Tuesday Jan. 17th at 6 p.m. we're planning on having a meeting at Coach's. Feel free to post some of the topics that you think that we need to discuss at this meeting. Some of the topics that I've spoken with people about are:

opening day
    tailgating
    the website

2. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn thats the day after classes start I'll be gone, I'd love to actually go out and have a chance to put faces with bigsoccer names.

3. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figures you guys arrange it for the day after I leave. :eek:

4. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man of the Match...

5. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    new scaves, or just ordering more old ones (mystic scarves)

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Well, since we got the repreive this year, I have a couple hundred yards of unopened blue and white nylon for use by the Cauldron if you want to come up with some cool ways to use it. I'm still planning getting a few flags done, but if we want to do something larger, I'm all for it.

7. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we should make matching parachutte pants out of it...that would be so cool :D

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, it's 2005 not 1989. :)

9. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no its not shut up...just shut up...say it aint so...god why!!!???!!!???

10. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude that is the second paachutte pants referance I have read from you tonight. If the cracker jack pants weren't scary enough now all this talk of pp.

GO WHITE BOY, GO WHITE BOY, GO WHITE BOY.. GO.

11. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well i dont know if it was you before or not that made a reference of vanilla ice or not but in the great words of dana carvey impersonating ross perot "thats just sad right there" :D

oh and wasnt ice dog in the early 90's

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I agree something should be done that adds to the section.

I do feel we need to be careful of how big we make things. In other words, our section "stuff" should not be bigger than the section itself. A new flag, about the same size as the old one, might be a good idea. The flags on poles are really cool, although I learned that I don't like waving one for 90 minutes. :) But I do think that if we have 100 people and 50 flags (I'm exaggerating on purpose) it borders on looking overdone and we look strange. (strange may not be the right adjective there, but I couldn't come up with a better one) Just my $.02

13. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    First I'd like to suggest that game atmosphere not be discussed. Hopefully we all individually do what we can. Blue and white remains the standard, black to detract. {ahem} In the interest of time, another well discussed topic to aviod would be any and all KCW sale and HASF rumor.

Topics:
    *Direction
    *A goal of the Cauldron to be a catalyst to KCW staying in KC.
    *Having a structure beyond that of one guy's appreciated actions or a given bigsoccer thread. A mission statement. Separation/combination from HASF. Cauldron calendar, roadtrips, an annual event, tradition, etc.
    *Getting a set section, no outside access
    *Tailgates as a mandatory event and the single most powerful recruiting tool to both the Cauldron and KCW attendance. (This should probably be #1 as it is the only one where a workable solution can be reached under current group structure)

The Cauldron is somewhere between the least of MLS and Section 8. The organization of either is woefully short of other world fan organizations that fully wield the power of their combined expenditure to both help the club and meet their own goals.

To date the Cauldron's only loose goal has been to have fun. Is the Cauldron Bunko night or an org.?

14. ArsenalNut

ArsenalNut New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Discussion should be focussed on how best to make the Cauldron an eliteist organization. How can we require even Arrowhead security to be one of us and learn the secret handshake (or should it be a mullett flip???)

15. KC Frostbite

KC Frostbite Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Raymore, Mo

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are pros and cons to each side of the idea.

On the side for our own section, you have the point that you won't have random people and autograph hunters in the section that you have to deal with during the games that don't want to stand up or do the things that are expected in the section.

On the other side, it does close people off. I know that until this coming season my tickets were not in the section and there is something to be said about inviting everyone that wants to, to come join us.

Those are just some of the pros and cons to it.

And please feel free to come join us, it is a lot of fun. As are the tailgates before the game.

17. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff - I have your flags still. :)
    They'll probably remain in my van until we meet up. Chances are, I think, they'll get back to you on April 1st :p Or if you are at the Cauldron meeting.

18. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only don't agree with the no outside access. If I may, I think you are most likely referring to the peeps that end up in the front rows of the cauldron and don't participate. The autograph seekers, etc. If so, the only thing I can think to combat this is to move the section to behind the goal and away from the tunnel. Not really in favor of that but it will help reduce that problem.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I would think that this should be item #1 on the agenda.

:confused:

20. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to point that part out. Considering we have last season compiled songs and did stuff with flags, etc. Unless he is refering to the annoying stadium sounds ... I did mention those sounds again to Curt the other night, so maybe that part will be better.

We should alwasy strive to improve our ingame atmosphere :)

21. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

22. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they do have a whole other side to line up on so, get... them... out... of... here.

23. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

24. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    you want to know how to make sure people in the front row are not the souviner hounds? Go into the game earlier and take those spots. Either the section is open to all or you close it down and have assigned seating or a membership card to get in. We tried the membership card thing and it didn't work because regulars would forget their cards or not have one and were turned away. Turning people away is not the way to bring more people in. I guess you could ask the players not to sign autographs or give away souviners to the cauldron side of the tunnel, but asking the players to distance themselves from the supporters section is counterproductive. My bottom line is "if you don't want certain types of people sitting in the front row then get down there and take up the space first."

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States