Cauldron for 7/25 Galaxy game

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    winner

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    fyp

Simple chants work best:

"We all agree ... Beckham is a wanker"

3. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    "You only want our money!

You only want our money!"

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Shake my hand, pull my finger!"

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    streamers were a little too much at times tonight....

6. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, probably didn't need to throw ALL 1200, especially during play. That probally took what freedom we had away. The Cauldron sounded good, but looked bad on national tv.

7. JimK

JimK Member

Mar 9, 2008
    WaldoKC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Not a streamer fan at all - for my 2 cents, I would exchange all the streamers for more smoke! I can't help it - love the smoke.

8. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, that wasn't all 1,200.....that was only about 250. But I agree with the sentiment.

9. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that was half sarcastic. To clear my point up, I love streamers, but I guess the timing wasn't perfect. That's something that improves over time. But.... I wasn't able to attend last night, therefore I can't speak on Cauldron matters.

10. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i was just confused as to why only 2 of those streamers made it into the net, and why anyone threw any while hartman was on our end.

but i'm not gonna say it was too many. i've seen a whole party store thrown on the field at columbus.

i'm all for smoke, but it's also a great way to get yourself kicked out, so that's up to you... i personally would rather they be covertly planted under the opposing bleachers when certain teams bring too many fans with them.

11. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When done unsafely - like every other time it has been done in the Cauldron in the past - your quote is on point.. However, Jeff and Robert have done a lot of work to ensure that they're being done in a safe manner (fire cans with sand for the smoke bombs to sit in along with fire extinguishers) and have gotten approval from the Wyandotte County fire marshal to do it.

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, the Cauldron got a little out of hand with the streamers, but it's like giving seat cushions to Toronto fans and expecting everyone to use them responsibly. Watching the broadcast, after a lot got thrown in the beginning, it wasn't too bad.

We have to give ourselves a bit of credit. We were very loud on Saturday, didn't concentrate on Beckham and Donovan at the expense of supporting our team, and kept it up the whole game. We kept it fun, and for the most part it was incident free. If the team was playing better, it would've been even more fun.

What did the guy get tossed for at the end? Streamers?

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If by guy you mean the 16 year old kid, yes he got tossed for streamers. After the game Matt told me they screwed it up and he hadn't thrown anything--personally I wasn't paying close enough attention to know. He did inform the main security guy as much, but of course you never know if someone is honest when they're talking to security or not. Apparently the kid was innocent. The whole operation was a fustercluck from the minute they invaded the section anyway.

14. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first kid that got thrown out did throw a streamer. He was wearing a white hat. The large security man in front saw him a started to come up. Some girl, possibly with him, took off his hat and threw it under the bleacher seats. Another security guard up top saw that and came down and pointed him out. The second guy, in the dark hat, was jawing with another fan towards the end of the game. It was starting to get heated. But I'm not sure why he was thrown out exactly.

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw the whole thing, the kid with the hat had thrown multiple streamers earlier, and he was warned a couple of times. Then another streamer got thrown by a different kid two or three along the row from him. Security didn't know who did it, so threw the kid with the hat (now with hat removed) out. The kid who actually threw it had moved away from the area by the time security got there.

Has to be said -- if given permission to throw streamers at any point, it is gonna be hard to hit the off button later in the game.

Warnings from the bullhorn could not be heard as the speaker's mouth is never close enough to make a decent/audible sound.

16. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where maturity comes into effect. There are rules about when you can and can't throw them. If a person cannot follow those rules, then there are going to be consequences. The problems are 1) People new to the section, so they may not be aware of the rules; 2) People who just don't give a crap about the rules and figure if they are in a group, they can pretty much do whatever they like. We just need to make sure everyone understands the rules.

If you are unable to hear them when they try to explain the rules to the group, please let them know so they can correct the problem to get the warning heard by everyone.

17. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you can't hear what they are saying, how do you know they are explaining rules? :eek:

18. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my point....if you can't hear them, then you won't know if what they are saying is important or not...so you need to let someone know that you can't hear them. I will talk with them before the next home game.

19. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Whenever I get the thing close, I get feedback from it. Maybe I'd have better luck trying to get people to pass the word back row by row.

20. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We never had that problem with the old megaphone.... :cool:

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Two cups and a piece of string works well too :D

22. JimK

JimK Member

Mar 9, 2008
    WaldoKC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    For what it's worth, Jeff was about 10 row in front and to the left of me and the warnings came through loud and clear. By the way, thanks to those who got the ok for the smoke - Is that an ok for all home games or was it just the Galaxy game?

23. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's still to be determined as to whether it will be every game or not. We are working on it being every game, but right now the bottom line is cost.

And a big kudos to Jeff (sazzy) for taking point on working with Wyco officials to make it happen!

24. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    try to keep the smoke coming its awesome to see!

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you tried seperating the part you speak into from the main part? That may cut back on some feedback...