Post-match: Cauldron 8/29

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to piss people off with this, but I need to get it out, and much of it needs to be said.

1. The Cauldron sucked tonight, yes our team sucks and by virtue of that the life is sucked out of the section a bit, but it's a two way street, we feed off the team, the team can feed off of us as well.

2. This is a WIZARDS game, not a US game. If you're going to replace Wizards with US in chants or chant "Wizards til I move" there are plenty of other places you can go and spend your evening getting drunk instead of being in the section.

3. The "old timers" in the front right of the section need to step it up. Again I know the team sucks and it's hard to watch, but I looked down there tonight and there were maybe half a dozen people clapping or even looked to be moving their mouths, the rest were just standing there. Robert at least had the decency to realize that if he wasn't going to chant he should move up higher... We all complain about the people in the back of the section not chanting, but how can we get them to chant if we can't get the "old timers" to chant.

4. If you're really drunk, DON'T play the ********ing drums any chance of chants starting gets thrown off by the mistiming of the beats.

5. On that note, too many drums. With the number of people that are singing/chanting right now, the 5 drums we had were WAY too many.

There, now feel free to flame away.

2. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, shout out to Brian Bauer and the American Outlaws. A true leader.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I know you disagree, but I think we were better than last Sunday, especially at our best moments. The section filled in really slowly tonight.

There were a lot of tongue-in-cheek chants going on, and I chalk it up to this epic run of suck we've been witnessing. The Wizards til I move I think was one person as a half joke, and the US thing isn't even audible a few rows away. I'm not gonna sweat stuff like that as long as people are singing. Drummers shouldn't be getting in the way and if you're not sober enough to do that, put the sticks down.

I agree we can help the team play better.

It would be nice if the expectation was once again that if you're in the section, you're helping the section with what we do.

4. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we had it only a couple times last night, we started off pretty well but lost it very quickly.

second half the whole section seemed to die

most the match it seemed i could only here the drums and pez (who was right next to me)...

...so not just those in the front right row but the whole front right of the section up to the platform going back about 5 rows and beyond that i couldn't tell.

5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I am going to disagree with you. We were much better last Sunday. Last night was a mess especially in the second half. There was alot more passion from some of the fans than normal. I will chalk that up to people being feed up with the BS being played on the field. I for one don't blame them.

So it is ok for me to start singing Chelsea and Halifax Town songs when the Wiz are playing? Just saying it shouldn't be happening you know what game you are at. Making little comments like that do nothing but stir the pot. If that is you MO then just stay outside drinking.

6. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy wearing the 50 cent shirt was amazing on the drums. Lets try not to block his sticks again.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't like it, I'm just not going to get all pissy about it because I know they can't hear it on the field.

8. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on your definition of "amazing". :rolleyes:

9. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Psst... I think the "too drunk to drum" comment was mostly directed at the AO guys.

10. Goalieo

Goalieo Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if we just ask Magic to leave, it will solve all of the issues. His drinking is out of hand (again) and his drum playing suffered as a result. I've seen him play the drums during Rockband and he has the skills necessary to be awesome but alcohol seems to get in the way of everyone having a great time :(.

11. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know which of the AO guys it was, but the one playing the drums that thought it would be fun to shatter the drum sticks....I would appreciate you picking up a replacement pair. The cost of things like that (and lots of other things Cauldron related) comes right out of a few individual's pockets.

12. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pssst... I just said Brian Bauer and the AO guys are great leaders of the Cauldron now. Nothing about the drummer, although I'm sure it was top class also.

13. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The start of the game in the Cauldron was great but esp. after half and all the way up to the end, even standing on front row I couldn't hear what chants were going from the absolute trash that was coming out of the left front row of the Cauldron. I was even in front of the stand.

And I don't know who the AO guys were/are but they are not the "new leaders" of the Cauldron...I wasn't impressed at all with the what was coming out the mouths of guys on the left. If you aren't adult enough to control yourself when u drink, then dont drink!!!

My wife and I come to the Cauldron to chant, sing, stand for the boys in blue not to hear the crap of a few drunks who think they are cool by cussing through the entire game. We aren't moving to the back so you guys can be stupid and make others think this is how the Cauldron is...IT ISN"T!

I may still be considered new to the Cauldron but I am not going to let a few ruin it for the many!

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a note, the guys on the left side of the section are not the AO guys. They're the Yard Birds group

15. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good to know...they are not what the Cauldron need!! I still don't think the AO are the leaders of the Cauldron tho...IMO!

16. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    This is a personal pet peeve of mine. We have a few chants we cuss in, its cool. But dropping "effing" into every chant cause you have the maturity of an 8-year old is just dumb.

17. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They aren't and I think if you asked the AO Leadership they would say the same thing. That being said, all organized groups have a hand in "leading" the Cauldron...and a responsibility as well. When we have meetings with the FO, we invite leadership from all organized groups to be involved. As for the Capo stand, we encourage representation from all organized groups to take a turn on the stand...it's for the whole Cauldron and we want everyone to feel a part of the section.

18. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed!

19. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I am sure they would say that and I wasn't saying they were saying that, i was just responding to the comment.

20. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries Trevor....it wasn't directed at you, I just highlighted your comment as a jumping-off point for my statement....just to put my statement into a proper context.

21. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC

We have never had F bomb chants. Words may come out, but never an organized thing. Also, this is 3 years now (several more for alot of us) of us in the same area same people every single game. We bring 15-25 to every game with about 6 of us STH. We are not leaders, never want/wanted to be leaders. The cauldron has been very week all year, we were the one constant Every game. If any of you have/had a problem, please be a man and approach us in person. This seems to be a silly forum for discontent.

kcyardbirds@gmail.com

22. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ray...settle down...You guys may not have an "organized" chant that drop the F bomb but coming in late drunk and yelling obscenties the entire game does not mean you are great for the Cauldron or great fans, IMO! And as far as approaching you guys about this... this is a nice way to approach you about it and i have approached you guys before at the games but I would be happy to talk to you in person any game . KCDEFENDER is on my jersey, I am not hard to find!

23. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Approaching a large group of drunken/inebriated by other, less-legal substances people usually results in nonproductive chatter and even active resistance. Discussing things in this forum usually offers a more sober (on all levels) platform for real, constructive dialogue.

So unless your group plans to remain sober throughout the game, I would imagine that BigSoccer would be the best avenue for discussions.

As to the organized F-bombs.. I routinely hear "KC Wiz ain't nothing to .... with" coming from that corner of the Cauldron, normally from the mouths of many people associated by proximity and/or imagery with your group. Aside from the language, I really detest that chant as well for the implied hooliganistic invitation...

24. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC

No need to settle down, were all calm. We are not all that drunk. Any given game, maybe 10 of us (bout half?) are drunk. And yes, I did neglect the wu chant, sorry, But instead of calling people out on the interwebs from some ivory tower, just approach us, were all down and More than willing to listen and talk.

Also, please do NOT mix up the fall down drunk AO/SothernVoodoo people around us (every game some red head (female) and curly haired guy/clown wig). They are obnoxious and embarrassing and I would hate for you to think we would tolerate behavior like theirs. Again, we are and have been here to stay and would like to get along with all.

25. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC