Casual Shoe Thread - All trainers, sneakers, kicks here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 16, 2014.

1. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    @appleCORR7

That's awesome dude, the materials on the Mercurial pack are so premium.

It is pretty exciting when sample deliveries and what not come in but I'm trying to cut down haha.

I'm gonna keep that private if that's ok mate, just so I can contribute on the board without worrying about any consequences.

2. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I got these and they are very comfy. Soft upper and comfortable sole.
    The upper is so soft i feel like i can play indoor games in these but of course i wouldnt.

Really want a pair of those blue magistas too

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That no problem at all - I was just thinking your shop seemed to get a lot of cool stuff in! ;) but you are right about the Mercurial air max. The way the colour pops is unbelievable.

appleCORR

4. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    The fact they included some speed control upper is so cool I think!

If there's a shoe you're looking for feel free to dm me n I'll keep an eye out for you!

5. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've fell in love with the new balance leather decon I think they are called?

so smart.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got all old school this week and picked up a pair of Reebok Pumps - love them! I'll try and post a picture when I get a bit more time.

appleCORR

7. soccercleats1234

Jan 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All the flyknit in my closet
    flyknit free chukka - magista obra - flyknit lunar 1+
    - flyknit trainer - flyknit roshe

Attached Files:

rooster, Jonny98 and kaitoclover repped this.
  8. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I was looking to get a pair of these:http://shop.portugalfootwear.com/basic/01-03-01-01-01-04.html
    But anyone know how EU sizing works? I'm a 7US/25CM in Nikes/Adidas/Mizuno and on the tongues of those soccer boots, it says 40 EU. But on my casual shoes (from Aldos) it says 7US but 39 EU. Anyone know which one is right?

9. teamescape1987

Aug 21, 2010
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    A 7US (UK6) is 40EU sizing.

AllanBhoy repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Picked these up today some Reebok Ventilator OG :

FullSizeRender.jpg

Wanted some of these back in the day so really pleased I finally got a pair!

appleCORR

11. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was digging to get a pair but wasnt sure of the fit/feel of them. How are they?

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are really nice so comfy. I couldn't decide between that colour and the white/grey/pink. But glad i went with the colour I did. I'd say they run a little small. The one thing I don't really like about them is the front bit its made from like a coated nylon which makes it hard so the front creases really easily only after one wear. Not the end of the world just a bit annoying - great shoe though.

appleCORR

13. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flyknit Lunar 3s came out. I love the look, similar to the 1s. I didn't like the way the 2s highlighted the support arch things. I guess the first color way was a limited run and the regular color options will be available next week.

soccercleats1234 repped this.
  14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw the 3 colours way in my local size - they look really good but I did expect the flyknit to be a lot softer than it actually was.

appleCORR

15. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How's the Flyknit in comparison to the chukkas?

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing like it at all - its has a coating over it that makes it quite hard. It doesn't feel elasticated at all. I wasn't a fan of them if I'm honest and I usually love Flyknit products.

appleCORR

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Thought you were describing the Superfly's there for a moment.

18. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    If you use flyknit for running then I think this could be Nike's best upper yet. I've always felt that flyknit doesn't give me enough support when runnin, it stretches and allows my foot to move when changing direction. The tougher less stretchy flyknit on the 3's should eradicate this.
    It may put folk off buying them for a casual shoe though. The flyknit lunar 1 is a great casual or 'NSW' shoe but not the greatest for running.

19. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it significantly harder that the 1s? I had 2 pair, one I used for running and the other was a more causual NSW type shoe. They worked fine for me as a runner but I did really like the "comfyness" of the flyknit for when I would wear them casually.

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rooster is the guy to asked - I never saw the ones, I was just quite surprised at how the flyknit felt on them as I wasn't expecting it to be coated like that. I've quite a few pairs of flyknit shoes, chukkas, flyknit frees and some other ones that have the same problem Rooster was on about they don't really support my foot very well because the flyknit is so soft so I can sometimes feel my foot going off to the side which annoys me.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the new Roshe is a great shoe it just wasn't what I expected.

appleCORR

21. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait were you talking about the Roshe? What shoes are we talking about lol? I'm talking about the Flyknit Lunar 3s.

These:
    [​IMG]

22. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    The flyknit lunar 3

The flyknit is more supported than the upper you'll find on the likes of the flyknit free 4.0 or a flyknit chukka.

The flyknit lunar chukka is my favourite nsw shoe. But neither flyknit nor lunar are materials I like in my running shoes.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some of the upcoming/new release adidas Originals for spring/summer 15 are strong. I am a big fan of mesh, canvas, and knit uppers for summer kicks. The Stan Smith line has a bad ass pair of white knit and canvas coming and there are a few high top basketball throw backs with the red and blue stripes that look great with a ballistic mesh type upper (forget the name of the shoe).

I am probably going to swoop for a few of these for summer wear and also coaching in the summer while standing on the hot turf during preseason and friendly matches in Aug. That 3G/4G can get up to 120F where I live around high noon.

b0sk1 repped this.
  24. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats good to know. I was actually contemplating picking up a pair of PF Flyers Cousy Lo in the white canvas but I actually think they are discontinuing them as they're now on 6pm and sites like that. I'll hang tight to see what Adidas puts out.

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd snag the PF's anyway......if they are done I'd get a couple pairs. That is assuming you really like them. I don't have much sneaker game anymore, but what I do buy for casual use is usually basic Vans, Chucks, or old school adidas and Nike - the outlets always have cool offbeat models . I was thinking of getting back into Jordan collecting, but it just seems absurd now with all the hype and my interest is only in a few pairs and colorways for nostalgia of when I had the OG versions as a kid.

My most offbeat pair of casual kicks is a bright neon pink pair of Vans lace ups that were exclusive to Journeys in 2011..they have a fading out checkerboard on them that looks almost painted on. You can only wear them a few times a year though for effect. I think I am going to branch out to more checkerboard slip on's this summer. Vans classics are great because you can just beat them up over a summer and replace them and it costs about as much as 3 days of buying lunch out.