Casual Shoe Thread - All trainers, sneakers, kicks here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Picked up a pair of Trainerendors and actually like them alot more than I though I would
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Those look really good on. I've had a few pair of trainers recently. I'll have to try and get around to posting some pictures of them.

appleCORR

Oli Coultas repped this.
  3. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also picked these up recently
    Adidas Hamburg Freizeit and a pair of Samoas

chivamex10 repped this.
  4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you are on twitter you should send your more unusual shoes (pictured on your feet) to Sneakerpedia. You'd probably get in their weekly showcase with some of those.

Love the tongue on the tan ones!

appleCORR

5. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Anyone every gone for NikeId on Air Max's?

I knocked up a design for some Air Max 1s the other day... then didn't pull the trigger because of the price.. £200

I didn't expect them to be quite that expensive! I guess it could be a xmas present to myself :)

6. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Ignore that. Not sure what happened when I did my first design, but I re-did the design and it came in at £125 so I ordered them. Will post some pics when they arrive.

7. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I want these
    [​IMG]

vanjory repped this.
  8. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have these since February.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    IMG_1267.JPG
    Finally got my hands on some NMDs

Oli Coultas and appleCORR7 repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've always wanted some NMD's but I have a pair of the original Boosts. And the Boost on them just get trashed. Even wiping them down with a cloth doesn't get the mud off sometimes. Are the NMD's different? I've look at quite a few Primeknit pairs but the above has always stopped me from pulling the trigger.

appleCORR

chivamex10 repped this.
  11. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good to know. I'll make sure to put a water repellent on them. I'm sure the boost on the nmd's are the same. These are for casual use. So I'll only wear them occasionally.

I just love the look of the nmd. They are so hard to get here in the states. If you have the opportunity get em. Comfy AF.

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #237 Dr. Boots, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Honestly been rocking Vans Slip-Ons and Authentics more than anything over the last year; picked up some Jordan 1's here and there (Banned, Chicago Low, 1.5 Returns in Blue), and some UA Slingshots for the required UA footwear when coaching at the college. I pretty much live in my Vans if I am not in dress shoes for business meetings - wear the Vans in the OR, to the gym for lifting/training, casually w/jeans.

I tried some PK Stan Smith models in a few sizes for perspective and they felt "off" to me which was a shame b/c the triple white would be awesome for summer; I just think the leather ones feel better on foot from a structure stand point. It is almost like the PK and the compression knit on the UAs I have work against your foot from a slickness and stability stand point w/anything but a linear movement; it is made worse by socks and the lack of friction - it's like ice on ice movemement. I find myself twisting out of the shoes pretty easily if I change direction, even at a slow pace.

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here are a few of my newish kicks.

Love these Flyknit Nike Air Prestos. The Yellow ones pop a lot more than the picture shows you definitely get some looks when you have these on your feet! they are so comfy.

IMG_6292.JPG IMG_6293.JPG

Always loved Rifts and again these are a lot brighter in the flesh. Shame it's too cold to wear them at the moment.

IMG_6294.JPG

And these are the Primknit Tubulars. They are really comfy but I find the Primeknit material to be a lot more elasticated than the Flyknit so you don't really get any lock down on them and they can be a bit hard to walk in at first. But again another comfy shoe and I copped these in the sales so even better!

IMG_6291.JPG

I did actually pick up a pair of pink/black check slip on Vans just before Christmas & I can't believe how much better they look than the laces version. Love them!

And my other pick up is a practical one. My sister got me a pair of Brooks running shoes for Christmas. Not my usual type of shoe but something I needed!

NMDs could be next on the list I do like the red pair but gutted I missed out on the all whites they look amazing but would drive me crazy with my trainer OCD! Everything has to look box fresh apart from my runners!

appleCORR

chivamex10 repped this.
  14. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Picked up the presto utility mid for the winter here and they've been superb, Really want to get the Acronym X Presto but they're reselling for a fortune.

15. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]
    My brother picked these up today.. think I might have to get now.

Zizou15 repped this.
  16. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    So how are the FlyKnits or PrimeKnits in the rain? Thats the only thing that has been putting me off so far... they don't look like a good winter shoe but maybe I'm wrong!?

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Flyknits are actually pretty waterproof. I wore the yellow ones in a downpour before Christmas when we visited the local German market and all the way around I was regretting putting them on. But my feet stayed dry and the beauty of Flyknits is you can just chuck them in the washing machine which I did and any mud splashes from puddles came right off the upper. They are a great shoe if you can pick a pair up. And as I said the yellow and the red colours really pop in the flesh. Haven't worn the Primeknits in wet weather but I think they will let more water in & your foot will get wet. Primeknits just seem to have one elasticated layer and that's the shoe. The Flyknits have multiple layers as part of the upper so your foot is more protected from the elements and you have more support.

Nice kicks Oli - my local Nike outlet had a series of those. They are an anniversary model aren't they? The ones I saw were for the Air Max's. They looked pretty good. But you can't go wrong with red trainers in my opinion!

appleCORR

gusgorman repped this.
  18. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Cool you pretty much just talked me into getting some :)

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure if this will change your mind lol - but I was talking about the Flyknit prestos. If you get regular Flyknit it's thin like the Primknit so your feet would get a bit wet but I do think Flyknit is a better upper!

appleCORR

gusgorman repped this.
  20. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Ah right cool thanks. Might get some anyway and save them till summer. Because it never rains in the summer in the UK :)

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, I think it just depends which model you want to go for really. I have quite a few pairs of Flyknits. The Roshes for example are really thick, the Chukka's and the Racers are the same. But I also have some that are really thin and light much like the Primknit where it's just an elasticated upper really. You just have to bite the bullet! ;)

But as I said in my opion Flyknit is miles ahead of Primeknit at the moment.

appleCORR

gusgorman repped this.
  22. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    the air trainer series nike makes is the most functional shoe in the world. you can literally go hiking, play basketball, play indoor soccer, and anyhting else except the pool in them. (although they dont hold water and/or break down easily because of water)

check out the air trainer 1, 2, 3 (ones are my favorite)

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Which do you mean the Air Max 1s and other Air Max in general?

I think the think with the Air Max shoes is there a shoe to suit everyone and that's what makes them great.

I recent brought the Nike Huarache, Air Max 95 and Air Force one in the Ultra Breathe series. Once I had one colour I had to get the rest the orange colour is insane. Never had so many people look at my feet! Had to cop all of the series to add to the Rifts!

appleCORR

24. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1657.JPG IMG_1659.JPG
    Loving these EQT primeknits!
    Super comfy

appleCORR7 repped this.
  25. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just bought this Puma Novellino Ferrari. For 36 $.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

appleCORR7 repped this.