Castel di Sangro [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Thanks a lot Castel,

The site will be updated every week with pictures from ex-castellani and especially with the latest news about the new team Pro Castel di Sangro!!!!

Thanks again for the interested! We should keep Castello alive and kickin'

FORZA CASTELLO

2. dada011597

dada011597 New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Well....? We need info...we need info...we need info...!!!!!! What is currently happening to our team? Where are they playing? What is their roster? Who scores the goals? Please keep up the good work of the past as many of us really enjoy the updates. The info, as you know, is not readily available.

3. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Go to the website and click on PRO CASTEL DI SANGRO!

you will find everything you need my friend!

4. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    They are first in the promozione A.

Bonomi is the topscorer for now with 6 goals!

Martino is having a very good season too!

If they win the championship they promote to the 'eccelenza'

5. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    Does anyone have a pic of Signor Rezza? I'm curious.

6. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    besides the one in the book we couldn't find another picture of Signor Rezza.
    He's invisible!!

7. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    Which one in the book? I have the paperback version and there is no such picture of Sr.Rezza.

8. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Check out our site and click on castel di sangro calcio. There you must find Signor Rezza & Gravina!

Enjoy!

9. dunardst

dunardst New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    This is amazing!!! Here was me thinking I was the only one in the world reading The Miracle of Castle Di Sangro. I got the book in Florida last year while on holiday (hardback) and only just started reading it a few weeks ago. Already I am on Page 250 - and that's amazing for me. Can't wait to find out how it all pans out - it's a real thriller.

10. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    There are many tifosi of Castel di Sangro & the book!!!!

It's a masterpiece and you will enjoy it untill the last page!!!

All the best

forza castello

11. forzacastel

forzacastel New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Horsham
    At last I have found a place where CDS supporters can chat. The season is looking good at the moment! If anyone out there has a CDS shirt or scarf they are willing to sell let me know!

Forza Castello

12. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
  13. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd stop short of calling it a masterpiece...I think the American author went way overboard in outing the people on the team who he accused of match fixing in the final games of the season -- very very bad form. Plus I found his constant references to the town of Castel di Sangro as "Lilliput" and "Lilliputian" very irritating (I say that as an Abruzzese).

Still, it is a good story and an engaging one...in the end I'm glad someone wrote a book about it -- definitely worth the read.

14. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    We give our opinion and you give yours...

I have respect for everyones opinion but the way I see it, it is and always will be a masterpiece!
    The book has caused some problems yes! But I can assure you that many people became a Castel di Sangro BECAUSE of the book.
    And as the author also told in the book...The town is magnifico!

all the best

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Is Gravina still suing McGuinness for libel?

Oh yes, how can I get a CdS scarf?

16. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    I belief that all charges are dropped a few years back!

And I'm not sure about that scarf, maybe in the town itself you may find some old castel di sangro gadgets. I got my soviet shirt from in one of those sportshops in the town...

17. forzacastel

forzacastel New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Horsham
    For anyone that wants to keep up to date with results I currently have a facebook.com page called Forza Pro Castel di Sangro.

I'd love you all to join and leave comments, pictures etc.

Promotion this season!!

18. T308

T308 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Joe McGuinniss was on WSD July 18th. You can check it out at http://www.worldsoccerweekly.com/WSD071807.mp3 or on itunes podcast. Warning, if you're reading the book, you may want to wait until you're through it before you listen as the major plot points are discussed.

T308

19. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is one of my favorite all-time books. I read it pretty much once a year every year ... in fact it's about time for me to dust it off.

For the record, in response to someone a few posts above mine, I think he was right to "out" the people in the book. I LOVE calcio. I love Italian football. I am EXTREMELY passionate about it. But the corruption is a blight on it, as seen in the calciopoli stuff. From the top to the bottom it needs to be cleaned up.

20. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    EXCELLENT LINK Joe McGinniss on worldsoccerdaily

21. CrepiIlLupo

CrepiIlLupo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I enjoyed reading ' Castel Di Sangro too, but as someone mentioned above, I find calling it a "masterpiece" a bit much.

By far the best calcio book I've ever read is a "Season With Verona" by Tim Parks. As far as I'm concerned, there's never been a better look at what it means to be an obsessive fan of one team, or a member of the ultras, or of calcio in general.

I think it was the tone of 'Castel Di Sangro that really irked me. It seemed to have this American superiority thing about it. Like, "look what the silly Italians are doing now" type of a thing. In any case, thanks for the link.

22. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    I also red 'a season with Hellas Verona" and I liked the book very much! I enjoyed reading about those Italian tifosi and the obsession for a club. I liked the way he gives a chance to foreign fans to see how Italian are involved and how everything is political and up to date.
    BUT the story of Castel di sangro just caught me more, it's more a personal thing I would say. I enjoyed more knowing about calciatore then the tifosi and the story was just brilliant.

A season with Hellas Verona: Excellent

The miracle of Castel di Sangro: #1, a masterpiece

23. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I just received A Season with Hellas a couple of days ago. I have read neither as of yet. Hopefully this weekend I will start on the Verona book.

24. praxis

praxis Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ogden Ut
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would love for Joe to do a follow up book to see what has happened to the players. The team still has a place in my heart, but it was those players that got me interested.

25. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    now there's a thread..... "The life after the miracle" !!!!