Cassano's Scoring Record in All Competitions is Impressive

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Sempre, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here are some stats to consider when thinking about
    'Peter Pan', currently 23 years old:

Serie A

153 appearances; 45 goals

Azzurri

6 caps; 3 goals

European Championship

2 games started; 2 goals.

UEFA Cup

3 caps; 4 goals

Champions League

11 caps; 5 goals

Coppa Italia

8 caps; 1 goal

Totals

181 caps; 60 goals

We see from this that only in the Coppa Italia has Cassano
    been poor, while domestically, in Europe, and internationally,
    his numbers are impressive, given his age.

We can be optimistic about his performance at the WC 2006
    after seeing these numbers.

2. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    im not worried at all about cassano performing well at the WC maybe im overly confident when it comes to antonio but like you said just look at the numbers and whoever has followed cassano through his career knows hes a big game player

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    id much rather have a look at his assists. assists either directly or indirectly. cassano is very creative and i see that as his biggest strenght. 10 goals in 30 games or so isnt that impressive in itself. i bet he creates more then he scores.

4. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure. The fact that he's a support striker who notches
    lots of assists is what makes these numbers so impressive.

Last season, IIRC, Cassano had 10 assists and 9 goals,
    which was not even a good spell for him. I believe the
    season prior he had 14 goals and as many assists.

So, the goal-scoring record is not negligible. At the Euro
    and in Europe (UEFA and Champions League) his numbers
    are very impressive.

You could compare him to Ibrahimovic. Both creative players
    who can score goals in addition to creating them.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he led serie a with 13 assists in 2003-04 if im not mistaken. could have been 14 though. im sure he was second to last on as many goals if not more. very hard to keep controle of especially inside the box and has a knack for reading a play. whoever end up with him are lucky. if we dont get him, i hope you guys keep him. him with adriano sounds too scary.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Cassano's finishing any day over Ibrahimovic's finishing.

It does sound scary but I'm not worried. Inter always has a way of screwing things up.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    amen to that. a quick look at the players theyve had compared to trophies theyve won the last 15 years and youve gotta think someone or something doesnt like nerazzurri too much. joining inter is not a good career move.

8. shahz_nerazzurri

shahz_nerazzurri New Member

Oct 25, 2005

Joining Inter would be a much better careear move than joining Madrid atleast. But yeah Inter do have a habit of screwing thmeselves. WE are not ready to pay $ 5mill for this guy, but come this summer, we may be paying $ 10mill for some idiot like Cisse :(

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i cant believe youre even interested in cisse. hes a friggin joke compared with martins and adriano

10. Thiefo

Thiefo New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Immagine Cassano and Kaka feeding Gila and Sheva? WOW.

But sadly Milan's main priority is defence right now.

11. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dude, this is Inter we're talking about. Im surprised they're not out there trying to sign Baros.

12. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Italy will win a WC because of Cassano (the Roma player, not the BS mod :) ). Without him, we're just gonna show up and go home.

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i dont know what you mean by that to be honest. if theres one team that goes after world class forward its them. from papin (who they didnt get) to bergkamp, to ronaldo and adriano. theyre notorious hunters for great forwards. thats why cisse seems a surprise to me.

milan baros is much better then cisse anyway. if milan were a better finisher he would be world class. hes great at creating room for himself and has been one of the best off-the-ball strikers the last couple years in my opinion.

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey, I have some influence...(if you call watching Italy play on TV and cheering them on influence...) :D ;)

15. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do I mean by that statement? That Inter is notoriously...."foolish" in its calciomercato and has been for some time. What's their solution for everything? Buy another forward. Never mind that they have Adriano and Martins already, as you pointed out. Hey, let's go out and buy another striker! Yeah, that will solve things.

Baros? He's ok. I liked him in Euro 2004 but he has hardly done anything since. I would much prefer Adriano and Martins, and if I had them on my team I wouldn't even remember who Baros - or Cisse - was.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i dont even know how to answer this cause it sounds so stupid. first of all a team needs more then two strikers/forwards. so this 'they already have adriano and martins so they dont need anyone else' is just idiotic. secondly, buying adriano, bergkamp, ronaldo etc, werent and never should be called "foolish." inter go after the best they can get their hands on. like they should do. theres alot of talk they might lose cruz to a team that might give him a more steady position in the club, so they need a replacement. and who knows what will happen with recoba after his recent statements. the only problem with inter is the atmosphere and frustration around the club these days that they just cant win anything. the players theyve bought are players every major club in the world would want. thats why cisse sounds weird. because he stinks.

17. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :rolleyes: Lord...

Sorry, but individual talent doesn't make a team. Inter has no ********ing clue how to assemble a team, and for years Moratti tried to solve everything by investing in yet another forward. Hell, I'm shocked they - for once - had the common sense to get a guy like Cambiasso.

And yes, I am intelligent enough to realize that a team needs more than 2 forwards...but don't they have Cruz and Recoba already? Not to mention probably others, but my interest in Italian soccer has become so weak these days I can't name another striker of theirs off the top of my head, and nor do I care to look it up.

Cisse? He isn't bad at all. Don't forget he almost lost his leg. Yes, lost his leg in an injury. That he is playing at all anymore is a lot. I don't think he's too bad. I just don't see why Inter needs yet another forward...

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    did you even read my post?

19. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup, and guess what? Talk doesn't mean anything. This wouldn't be the first time Cruz and Recoba have been rumored to leave...

In any case, my only interest in this discussion is this. You asked why Inter would be interested in such a move, a foolish one in your eyes. My sarcastic response is that we are talking about Inter, the king of foolish calciomercato decisions. Plain and simple. Is that too hard to understand?

20. shahz_nerazzurri

shahz_nerazzurri New Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Yeah Randy as much as I hate to admit it, our transfer policy have mostly been a Joke.
    Cruz wants to play regular football, and is being heavily linked with Roma, Recoba is 29 and is totally injury prone, and has done nothing for us over the past 7 years. I think we'll go for another striker in June and god forbid, knowing us it could be Cisse, he is leaving Liverpool for not getting first team appearance, he aint even gonna make the bench with Inter.
    Damn we should have gotten Cassano, so cheap, and so great. I still keep praying that Madrid's deal falls off.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    true. it means about as much as all this cisse talk. which would equal nothing. my point was that the reason these cisse rumors are floating around is because of all these cruz and recoba rumors that are floating around. once a player is rumored to be leaving, rumors about whos comin in are bound to follow. and my bottom line was, why cisse. he sucks.

22. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ..and my bottom line was Inter's transfer policy (largely) sucks, so there is your explanation. :)

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yeah we agree on that. they just dont usually go after dogs though ;)

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True. They're usually busy offloading their talent at the last minute before the season starts (Crespo, Cannavaro...).

25. Anti_chelski_FkCblue

Dec 21, 2005
    Oxford. England
    Cassano is a super talent, he only needs to watch his temperament.