Cassanno's Future in Serie A?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by delp_07, Nov 13, 2004.

1. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    This whole big rumor is really making me confused about this guys career. He has managed to rin his career to the point where it may not be fixed. In italy that is. Do you guys think he wiol be Juventino or will he go to Milan or just travel to a whole new country(spain). I personally want him to go to AC MILAN so he can support Sheva-gol. Be cause it seems that they have a really bad offence right now and if SHeva gets seriously injured they could see an early exit from CL and drop in the run for Scudetti. Which i wouldnt mind both but its always good for someone to compete with Juve just so we can get fans back in the seats.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yikes, that's the last thing I'd want, for him to go to Milan! One of these days, I still believe he'll get his head screwed on right, and when that happens, he could be truly great. I, for one, wouldn't mind taking the chance that it might happen at Juve.

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yes Real need another striker. And I am being serious...they seem to be in the market for players who are not on the top of their need list, i.e. Owen and Woody.

I'd love to see him for Juve, but he'd have to battle ADP, Imbrahimovic, and most of all Trez for starting place. Likely I think he'll stay at Roma for a while and eventually go to Spain or a Serie A giant.

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as Capello is at Juve I don't think Cassano will be going to Juve. I also don't think Roma would have any intention of selling him to the hated Juve. Milan is a very real possibility. I think this would be the best thing to happen to Cassano's career. At Milan he will have true professionals like Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Sheva, etc. to help steer Cassano in the right path. Milan will not put up with any primadonna outburts like Roma has.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    not saying this because I hate roma, but as many have said it would be best for his future to move on...

I think Real makes some sense, he's probably not needed (or too expensive) at Arsenal but thats another atmosphere I think he could thrive in. Milan makes sense also from the atmosphere/discipline angle....

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I highly doubt he'll ever be a Chelsea player. We don't really have room in our tactical setup for him, and Mourinho hates all big egos (except for his own, as philips10 has already pointed out before :)). I think he might be best suited to a mid-table Spanish side, where he could be the focal point of the team and would have to learn some responsibility.

8. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ya, but there's zero chance a mid-table Spanish club could afford him. And zero chance that he would sign for a mid-table club.

9. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia is a mid-table team that could afford him. And they love Italian players. ;)
    Seriously, Real Madrid need another striker like a submarine needs a screen door - it isn't going to happen.

10. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Barca could be a possibility. They only have Larrsson(who ain't getting any younger) and Et'o as strikers on the squad. They need more depth if they are to challenge on all fronts.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Well, they also have Saviola out on loan, and given all the attacking midfielders they bought, they'll have a hard time playing with 2 out and out strikers consistently.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    If Betis can buy Denilson, why can't some club save its pennies to buy Cassano? Its eminently doable.

13. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    The prob with Cassano is he has the passion of 50 players! He needs 2 b in a team that is challenging 4 honours regularly - in the right team he'd b dupa supa.
    ;)

14. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The soccer finances from 1998 or 1999, whenever Denilson was bought by Betis, is a bit different than today. Every Spanish and Italian team seemingly had financial clout. Now it's 2-3 teams in each league that have any financial pull.

As a CFC fan you should know that. Compare Chelsea's finances from that time to now.

15. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Isn't Valencia in huge debt? I would think they would need to sell an Aimar or Vicente to get a Cassano.

16. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Until Rooney, Antonio was the most expensive teenager in the world. There's no way that Roma would agree to a price that was less then what they paid for, and probably any price that would be on par aswell. The market doesn't enter into the equation entirely because Cassano has made himself an international figure which gives the players value some balance.

17. fischetts

fischetts New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Long Island/Baltimor

But Roma purchased Cassano before the collapse of the transfer market. Remember when teams like Milan and Inter could buy stars instead of getting washed-up players on loan from Chelsea? Or when Lazio wasn't made up of no-name Argentinians and Italians?

With that said, I don't think Roma will recoop(sp?) their investment.

18. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    You are right.
    But Cassano is still very young. He got some talent.
    Roma is supposed to be very happy with Cassano

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Give me a break - Betis was never a side for big transfers. Every once in a while a midtable team is able to make purchases of that size. Its getting harder, but it is still possible.

:confused: What does Chelsea's situation have to do with this?

20. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My point is that the economics from 1998 to 2004 is totally different. I used Chelsea as an example of how different things have been from 1998 to 2004. Unless you disagree and feel that Chelsea had the same financial clout in 1998 as they do now. Can you please tell me the last mid-table team, financially-speaking, who has spent more than 25 mill euros on one player in the last few years.

Betis did not buy players left and right, but they saved up a crapload of money to buy Denilson. I don't think Betis is in that position right now, unless they sold Joaquin.

My MAIN point is that there is no mid-table team in La Liga or whatever country that could feasibly pay 30-40 million euros for Cassano. There might be teams that could send a few players to curb the price. Perhaps Atletico could send Torres to Roma in exchange. Bottom line is that there is no way a mid-table LaLiga team could afford Cassano. And no way Cassano would agree to play for one. Cassano would never go out of his way to a foreign country to play for a mid-table team with no Champions League play. I can't imagine how bad his attitude would be when he is in a foreign country and losing.

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Because Cassano is internationally recognised they could seemingly get their investment back. Regardless its more likely that Roma will just keep him because his wages aren't ridiculous, and I imagine they could resign him granted they sell of the other strikers on the roster who are eating up the budget.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No one will pay 30-40 million for Cassano in the first place. He's a major headcase and has not had a truly successful domestic season. If Roma were to sell him, they're not going to recoup their investment unless Chelsea buy him. And we won't, because Morinho won't.