CASEY NOGUEIRA- New Star?

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Levelos, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Levelos

Levelos New Member

Dec 5, 2006
  2. Levelos

Levelos New Member

Dec 5, 2006
    She is fine! New celebrity...
    Her photos, interviews, videos and opinions they let's place here in this forum.
    Go Casey!
    BTW. I sorry behind my inaccurate English. And delete my first post. Thank.

3. DJChickenpox

DJChickenpox New Member

Aug 17, 2006
    umm, not sure if you're an adolescent or not, but nogueira is 17 years old, so there's something especially creepy about this post.

actually, it would be creepy even if she were older.

4. UNCnatchamps06x20x23

Jan 5, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think she could be the up and coming star. She's not the star yet though cause she's only 17 years old. I think that she will definitely be on the national team for a long time.

5. speedoblobb

speedoblobb New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    CHAPEL HILL
    To bring a semblance of reality to this thread: Casey played well this season at UNC but was not the freshman standout. That's how good UNC is. If unconvinced, refer to UNC basketball outlook....it has really become a sports school. Yet behind the facade UNC is a serious academic institution. How many other schools have such heritage? Uh, none.....

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Uh, UNC isn't the only school who, uh is serious about their academics as well as sports. You can put UCLA, USC, ND, and what about Duke, in that category. There are many schools accross this country that are just as good or better than UNC in academics and sports. Also, UNC has two good sports, Basketball, and girl's soccer. You stink in football. And not everyone who has been through UNC on a sports scholarship has been an outstanding student including some of Dean's players. Bob Knight has a better graduation record. Give me a break.

7. NatsDad

NatsDad Member

May 5, 2004
    DC Metro
    Club:
    DC United
    While I agree with the bulk of your post, you let your emotions get the best of you here, and made this ridiculous, ignorant statement :rolleyes:. Carolina is regularly in the top ten in men's soccer and baseball (lost in the CWS last year), ended up ranked 12th in men's tennis, in a slump in lax, but historically a power . . . on the women's side, the track team is in the top 20, tennis in the top 10, the basketball team should be ranked #1, just missed the preseason top 25 in softball, were top 10 in field hockey last year . . . and I'm sure I'm forgetting some! And with Butch Davis in charge, we'll be back in the top 10 in football before too long, like we were when Mack Brown left (which was, admittedly, a good while ago :))

Anyway, let me restate that I agree wholeheartedly that there are a great number of schools that have great athletic programs and academics - many more than you even mentioned. I just wanted to correct that one misstatement regarding Tar Heel athletics. I'm not trying to start a flame war here!:D

And to get this back on topic . . . I think Casey Nogueira has the tools to be a great national team player - we have seen flashes of it so far, but not with consistency - but she's still very young. We HeaO gone, she's gonna have to carry a big load next season for the Heels.

8. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Big talk + no facts + shit for brains = speedoblobb

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it seems that speedoblobb has taken one too many hits with the crackpipe.

To bring a semblance of reality to this thread, you need to sober up from the haze and face reality.

If unconvinced, refer to the NCAA website: Schools with the Most NCAA Championships

and from the U.S. News & World Report: America's Best Colleges 2007
    Based on NCAA championships, North Carolina indeed has an impressive athletic heritage.

Based on academic rankings, North Carolina is ranked as one of the most impressive public universities.

Taken together, North Carolina indeed has an impressive athletic and academic heritage.

However, your statement that no school other than North Carolina have an impressive athletic and academic heritage is nothing but a hollow boast that highlights your ignorance of the facts.

Schools such as UCLA, Stanford, Southern Cal, & Michigan have won more NCAA team championships and have a better academic reputation than North Carolina.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I actually like UNC. I have the best time when I watch a game in Chapel Hill. I was just pointing out that UNC doesn't have a monopoly on Athletics + Scholastic Achievement. I like to play the devil's advocate sometimes. It's like ND Irish football fans who think that ND is the only real football school in the world. I have to remind them that they haven't won anything in a long time. It's like when I used to live in Columbus, Ohio(briefly) and to the OSU fans who still worship Woody Hayes like a saint, I feel like I have to remind them, "Didn't he get kicked out of coaching for losing it and punching an opposing player after an interception?" It's not trolling, it's just playing the devil's advocate sometimes.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Levelos

Levelos New Member

Dec 5, 2006
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure she learned the game from her dad who was a star gk indoor & outdoor.....
    Here is an old pic from Soccer Corner magazine circa 1980 when he played for the NASL Atlanta Chiefs....I remember the title read:
    Nothing but class!
    VICTOR NOGUEIRA
    [​IMG]

13. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casey looked very impressive against the Freedom last night as a forward for Jersey Sky Blue. She blew past Casey Zimny early on and then sent a pinpoint shot from the right-hand side of the box into the left side netting, about the only place she could have put it to keep it out of reach of the goalkeeper.

15. shewelch

shewelch New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    MJ wasn't and outstanding freshman until he made the clutch basket in the '82 national championships... and became a national hero in the years later

Casey played one helluva game in the national championships this year for the heels while wearing #23 herself...and has a promising WNT future

My answer: YES! Casey rocks!

16. Blobfish

Blobfish Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Here is this vid

But I don't like it. Hate their knee-high baggy pants and also this "music". Best music at soccer juggling vids are yet natural sounds of ball, being hit by cleated shoes or by beautiful naked knees. Rap is a crap.

And these formless pants are better for fishing, as a trawl. Good, that at least in USA these ugly pants become outdated now. But in Europe they are still very popular.

17. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At least Ronaldinho reached his peak for a couple of years. Casey didn't even try. Too bad because she may have had as many tricks up her sleeve as Marta if she had went out 100%.

18. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't Casey one of the many US pro players that have mysteriously changed their name to something less awesome?

19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yup. Casey Loyd now.

20. ladyofwh

ladyofwh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casey who?

Like may other posters on the board, I thought she had a great potential. She just never lived up to her potential. I suppose she is still signed with FC Kansas City, right?