Case for war confected, say top US officials

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Case for war confected, say top US officials

Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
    09 November 2003

An unprecedented array of US intelligence professionals, diplomats and former Pentagon officials have gone on record to lambast the Bush administration for its distortion of the case for war against Iraq. In their view, the very foundations of intelligence-gathering have been damaged in ways that could take years, even decades, to repair.

A new documentary film beginning to circulate in the United States features one powerful condemnation after another, from the sort of people who usually stay discreetly in the shadows - a former director of the CIA, two former assistant secretaries of defence, a former ambassador to Saudi Arabia and even the man who served as President Bush's Secretary of the Army until just a few months ago.

Between them, the two dozen interviewees reveal how the pre-war intelligence record on Iraq showed virtually the opposite of the picture the administration painted to Congress, to US voters and to the world...

2. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know which documentary this is?

Just got my hands on AFGHAN MASSACRE...

What's that you say?

Well, like COMMANDANTE, living in the "greatest nation on Earth" don't get you the right to watch anything you want in your own home...the guvment restricts that, lest you stray from that sheeple-state consumer track you've worn into the national fabric...

*#*#*#*#, I'm hijacking my own goddamned thread...

Back to topic. The documentary; anybody seen it, heard of it? Gotta get the peeps to see it before its banned in the USA.

3. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, anybody seen or heard of this documentary????

4. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Here's the pertinent info from the article. On Dish Network, I get both Worldlink TV and FSTV, and I'd expect to see this film on one of those sometime soon.

"The hour-long film - entitled Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War - was put together by Robert Greenwald, a veteran TV producer in the forefront of Hollywood's anti-war movement who never suspected, when he started out, that so many establishment figures would stand up and be counted.

"My attitude was, wow, CIA people, I thought these were the bad guys," Mr Greenwald said. "Not everyone agreed on everything. Not everyone was against the war itself. But there was a universally shared opinion that we had been misled about the reasons for the war."

Although many elements in the film are not necessarily new - the forged document on uranium sales from Niger to Iraq, the aluminium tubes falsely assumed to be parts for nuclear weapons, the satellite images of "mobile biolabs" that turned out to be hydrogen compression facilities, the "decontamination vehicles" that were in fact fire engines - what emerges is a striking sense of professional betrayal in the intelligence community."

5. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I guess I mean, is it currently showing anywhere, any plans to make available for home consumption? IS it part of any festivals right now?

I want to direct kith and kin to see it if its travelin' round the States / N. America / Europe...

6. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States