Casbah roll call

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by methodic, Dec 9, 2007.

1. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is to allow all the Casbah members to sound off for the 2008 season. I'm looking for those who have purchased season tickets in the Casbah section and who likewise intend to support the group. I'm not looking to step on any toes but this might be a good way to get to introduce ourselves.

I'm from Fremont and will be dragging my twin boys Haruki and Leta to the games.

1. J.D.
    2. Haruki
    3. Leta
    Things that I would like to see the Casbah offer.

• Car window decals for the Casbah
    • Casbah T-shirts for members
    • Tailgating at the games
    • Car pooling to games when possible
    It would be great if the items above could be purchased with the proceeds going back towards the organization. The tailgating should be a given and the carpooling would be nice when members live near one another.

2. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These things best discussed over pints at the Brit. Ideas seem to flow that way...

3. Raven1015

Raven1015 New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Alrighty, my name is Ian. I've got my tickets in the Casbah section, and i'm present and ready to do whatever is needed to continue and build this group. I was around in the 2005 season but i never really introduced myself to folks. I've got my home-made "deserters will be shot on sight" t-shirt from the Donovan return game still in the closet to be brought back out. Anyways, i'll probably be bringing my girlfriend to most of these games.

My ideas:
    A newsletter
    A podcast
    More chants (maybe some lengthier, more song-type ones)

All of which i'm willing to work on

4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Mark, and I'm a Quakes addict.

I want to pay for a Casbah membership. I will attend when I can. Sadly (or not), I live a long ways away, so I can't make it to very many games. It's not the cost of the tickets to the match, it's the cost of airline tickets, or driving some 700 miles.

Oh well.

GO QUAKES!

- Mark

5. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, six of us when you include Melman6. That puts us at $150.00. Does anyone know just how much confetti that will buy us after the cost of the scarfs? :rolleyes:

6. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Bill and I have seats that are not in the Casbah, since my wife likes to sit during games. But when she's not in attendance I'll be with you guys.

I'm also running the Web site, www.thecasbah.org and am in the process of setting up Wordpress software which will enable anyone who is interested in doing so to contribute content, including podcast content.

I'm also setting up mailing lists (using Mailman software) for announcements and discussions.

7. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for setting this up. Let me know if you need some help with updating the page. There are still a lot of links pointing to spartan etc.

8. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got front row...where are the drums going, and who's got 'em? Might add one to the parking lot instrument.

Oh yeah, my name's big, and I'm a futbolaholic. [attendees: "Hi big"]

"It's been 771 days since my last San Jose Earthquakes match. I plan to faithfully resume my addiction next spring. Thank you for your concern."

9. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    Karl and my son Nick in row four. Ready to help out any way we can.

10. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I count 11 members confirmed and possiblity more. Once we get the remaining casbah chorus to sound off this place will really start hopping.:eek:

11. JuanCasa

JuanCasa Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Oakland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have four tickets (my wife and two friends) that are in row 15!!! Looking forward to April 12th!!!!!!!

12. MaraDoyle

MaraDoyle Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Casbah
    We got three tickets in the drum line. Is it April yet?

13. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, 18 people now. If we chant together the nearest keeper might be able to hear us. What do we need to do to get the rest of the casbah lurkers to sound off?

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Two tickets in row 4 for my son and I, and will see you all in late May when I get back to the bay area! Until then my son and I imagine one of his soccer buddies will be in attendance.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Er Pichi

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have 2 tickets in the Casbah.

I believe this "roll call" was also done in a thread in the main forum earlier, started by Melman6. I reported there at that time. You may want to review and integrate those thread results to assist your informal BigSoccer roll call.

16. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    Hey Guys,
    I have 3 seats in the middle of row four. When you guys get a chance please check our the Casbah website. Bill has been working hard on giving it an upgrade. It's still an work in progress so please forgive any outdated links. But I personally think it looks much improved. Looking forward to seeing you all opening day.

17. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also the site is implemented using Wordpress blog software so anyone who wants to contribute content can open an account and start composing using your browser...

18. SteveOtruba

SteveOtruba New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    SteveO checking in... I'm one of the original Casbah members from the Clash days. I'm off in the Boston area now but still a San Jose faithful. I won't be making it to a lot of games but I'll be trying to drop over to the left coast for a few games armed with Bier and Brats! And as always I'll have the Casbah Division up on mfls.

Go Clash!

SteveO

19. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    I'm currently a ways away, but I still want to be involved. I'll be following the Quakes games from here in Korea, and wherever else the Army sends me.

20. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Sup dude. So are you a newfound Seongnam Chunma or Suwon Bluewings fan?

21. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Neither yet. I been itching to go to a game, but I need to do more reasearch first, and I been buisy. Still we got these guys that are in the Korean army serving in our division called KATUSAs (Korean Augment to the US Army), a lot of them are footy fans, so i'm going to try talking to one of them about whats involved in going to a game. Hopefully when the big clubs do their Asian fund raisning tours I can catch one of those games.

22. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My name is Jose and I also have the same problem..err..situation that Bill does. So I will also party like a rockstar with the Casbah when the wife is not around.

Great work on the site Bill. I especially dig the spanish-english soccer terms. I was expecting a few errors here and there but no, they're all spot on. I would like to suggest that we have a membership party before the season at the Brit and have a recording session for all of the songs and cheers. Then we can post the mp3s on the site for all to download and memorize for the games or to make them into their new favorite ringtone. :D

What's the word on an online membership fee process? I want to send you guys my membership fee but I couldn't find anything on the site on how to do it.

GO QUAKES!!!

23. daveamoose

daveamoose New Member

Jul 11, 2001
    NOT OAKLAND!!!
    Dave here, will be sitting/oops I mean standing in the back row with a friend of mine JOhn.

actually broke down and bought season tickets for the first time, I usually was able to get in FREE as my dad (Tommy) and step dad (JIm) use to run the lockerroom security, you might know them, Tommy is the big old scottish guy with not much hair, and my step bro (Graeme) was the guy in the red hat who would give the ok to the ref to start the game.. They have not heard if they will be working yet.
    My Dad has volunteered for the San Jose Earthquakes and all other San Jose soccer teams since 1974!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE YA IN APRIL

24. tmack

tmack Member

Dec 7, 2007
    santa cruz
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh!!!!!!! went in with some folks on 4 seats and my brother-in-law has small kids so wasn't really feeling the standing bit as they would have a hard time seeing anything

so............we got four in section 107; i would love to still officially join and hope that those in our party who wanted to participate would be welcome to come on over to 109 and rock it with y'all

25. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    My name's Mike, and I'll be in row 20 at BSS. For the Oakland games, I think I'm in the third row...