Cary Cap Question

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Kernel KlinK, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Kernel KlinK

Kernel KlinK New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody have any information about "fan attendance" at the Cary Camp? The WCX (newly renovated and in prime mechanical condition) would like to head down for a couple of days to show support for the team but we don't want to be a bother. Any info would be appreciated.

Joe Gannon (aka-Kernel Klink)
    Co-Owner, WCX

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2002, the camp was closed to the public except for one scrimmage. It was only announced 24 hours ahead of time.

This time, I know for a fact there will be a public autograph session one night. Other than that, no details have been released. I will contact a few folks at US Soccer and see what I can find out.

3. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be interested in coming down as well.

4. Kernel KlinK

Kernel KlinK New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the info Jarret. I'm pretty flexible and am a definite to bring the WCX down to show our support. Any info is good info. Thanks again.

Joe

5. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The word from the Fed is that no decisions have yet been made about what parts, if any, will be open to the public.

Expect to hear something more firm about a week before camp begins.

6. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wjarrettc, I'm sure you'll keep us informed. You were a really helpful source of information when my buddies and I came down from the Columbus area for the game. We went over to Premier Soccer and I got a red training jersey and chatted with the guys in there a bit. I have a friend that is moving to the area for the summer and I know quite a few of us would love to come down again and catch an open scrimmage or just watch practice for a day or two if open. Hope you keep us informed.