Carlos tevez, new address.

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by efernandez9, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    guys calm down! we all said the same shit about them when they went to Corinthians suddenly! they won the league! and destroyed the world champions Sao Paolo! correct me if im wrong?

and Argentine players are known for going to clubs uve never heard of and making a hell of a performance and a name for that club need a reminder?

Maradona, Napoli
    Varon, Lopez, Lazio
    Aimar, Valencia
    Saviola, Sevilla

who the hell knew these clubs before these players join them? i believe napoli was siere B.

Lazio use to finish the season 12th spot

Valencia no one ever heard of!

Sevilla i just realised they play football!

these players made fans for those teams and made them power houses all over the globe! i mean like it or not its reality! Tevez and Masche have that ability to do it with west ham! and if they do ill be more proud than having them going to Barcelona and winning!

2. Vandit

Vandit New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Westham is not such a bad club. Admitedly its a small club for two guys being linked with all the big clubs in the world.

There manager is well regarded here and they play very positive attacking football, witness there 3-3 draw in the FA cup final with Liverpool. This team would have been strong in the Uefa cup anyway, theres alot of good young talent in it.

Still its pretty amazing.:D

3. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    this was posted by a west ham fan so some of the remarks about their club and against chelsea are clearly biased but i think its conspiracy theory might have merit:

The deal to take Argentina stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to West Ham United hasn’t officially been confirmed yet but football discussion forums are white hot with the news and the potential implications, not only for West Ham but for the premiership at large.

What would attract two of the world’s most sought after, young, talented international stars to Upton Park and the waiting arms of Alan Pardew? At first glance there is no logical explanation. West Ham had a great season last year after their promotion and surprised a lot of people (me included) with their classy football and solid defence that not only gave them a respectable league finish but also took them to the FA Cup Final.

I doubt that their Cup Final defeat in one of the liveliest and most enjoyable Cup Finals in many years will have been enough to tempt the two Argies though and despite having a foot in European competition with the UEFA Cup, I doubt that’s the real pulling factor either My suspicions lead me to a somewhat shadier deal being cooked up between the players’ club Corinthians, their owners MSI and another club with shady links to MSI and their owners. It’s long been rumoured that Roman Abramovich is the money man behind MSI and the reason that a broke Brazilian club like Corinthians could afford players like Tevez
    and Mascherano in the first place.

It leaves no doubt in my mind that Chelsea and Roman are behind this proposed season long loan deal for the two Argentinians to West Ham and it’s only for one purpose - to acclimatise the players to London and the Premiership and see whether they are worth signing for Chelsea properly next summer.

There can be no other reason for this transfer to take place. Yes, West Ham are a good, homely club with some good players but for a club to sign Carlton Cole this summer and turn around and also get Carlos Tevez, it leaves me wondering what the motives are. I think I’ve worked out the obvious answer and it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the Premiership.

We’ve seen Chelsea’s strange buys and loan deals in the past with players like Smertin and Jarosik but this moves things to another level completely. Chelsea don’t outright own these players or their club but their guiding hand can skew the transfer market that they can prevent any of their near rivals in the top five from having these players while they park them at a safe and respectable club close but not too close, for a season to let them mature in the English game.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One of the big players at MSI also has an involvement with West Ham which probably explains this move (and as it is a loan move no doubt it is laying the groundwork for both of them to, eventually, move to Chelsea). But what gets me is Tevez and Mascherano seem to have no input into who they will join (or so it appears from the outside), neither do they seem to riase any objection to whom MSI offer them to. Agents are supposed to act on behalf of the players they represent, they actually work for the players not the other way round. These 2 players have wasted 2 years in Brazil, now they will waste another year at West Ham, why are they not asking for moves to biggger clubs, why are they not demanding champions league football as a minimun requirement? Clubs such as Arsenal/AC Milan/Inter would have offered them this and they would both have improved as players at these clubs.

5. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London

You have to remember they are still young... so 1 year at West Ham (where they will play almost every week)will help them, at Internazionale/Aresenal they already have plenty of world-class player in their positions. And being at West Ham will help them to understand Premier League & UEFA Cup football before movin to a bigger club in 12 months

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd obsviously preferred seeing them in a bigger club in a southern place, where they would both have felt better and would certainly come to deserve a starting spot. But I am still happy that they have left the obscure Brazilian league (no offense meant) and are going to perform in the EPL. And in a way I feel it's better for them to go in a lesser club so they can show their worth by making it a better side. West Ham has good attacking football. I'd rather see them there than on a bench at Chelski.

8. West 'am 'till I die

Mar 28, 2006
    London

I'm just a bit worried about Tevez' part-boy image..... the bright lights of London might make him act a bit crazy (especially if he gets home-sick)

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez likes the nighltife so the the clubs in London will be doing great business whilst he is there. :eek:

One thing Tevez will discover is the tabloid press in England are merciless in their pursuit of stories, if he thinks he had a hard time with the press in Argentina and Brazil he ain't seen nothing yet.

10. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

12. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    the only thing that upsets me about this move is we all know that the russian mobster is behind all this and they will both end up at chelsea next year. i don't really mind the west ham move, maybe because i just wanted them out of brazil. but like leon, i would have loved to watch them on arsenal, man u or any other club competing for the champions league and league titles.

the thing that suprises me is noone was willing to splash out the big bucks for them. they didn't have to come as a package deal. both players would have made a huge difference for any big club and could have taken a arsenal, man u, milan or roma over that hump and made them even more of a threat in the champions league.

oh well, nice to see them leave brazil and hopefully both will perform well for west ham the year and maybe next year if they don't end up at chelsea, we will see them on a more competitve team.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know footballers are not the brightest, but surely one of Tevez and Masch should be pushing for a move to team that is at least playing in the champions league? But if they are happy to do as they are told by MSI, then I guess none of us should get that worked up about it.

14. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    was it totally their choice?, im sure they would have preffered to but corinthians still own their rights , dont they?

now if its ture about Abromowitz ties to MSI, then there is no way they would let Manu, or Arsenal buy them , westham wont threaten chelsea and it will give them EPL Experience.

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I actually like this move. WestHam may not be glam and glitz like Arsenal, MUFC and Chelski but they do have a very solid base and some really loyal fans. To think that Roman Abramovich/MSI are somehow behind this isn't too far fetched to be believable.

What I do like about this move is that WestHam has a history of developing some quality young players through their system. Granted our boys are already playing at a high level, they'll be playing for a coach that seems to be good at handling youngsters and getting the most out of them. With the bigger club comes bigger than life coaches and from what we saw at ManU with Sir Alex and the Keane and RVN situation, maybe having them playing for a less rigid coach will be good.

Financially this could be a win/win situation for everyone involved. If Carlitos was capable of drawing $30mil now, what happens a year from now when he lights up the EPL? Also as an EPL club their worldwide exposure possibly just tripled. Factor in that WestHam is a London based club that was recently used in a futbol film and the marketing/merchandising folks can have a field day.

As for their having a say in where they ended up, they are under contract and no matter what they said, it was still up to MSI to do the deal. I'm greatful they did the deal regardless of where they ended up because they could've easily said a flat out no and left them to rot in Brazil. Even though players rights have come along way since the Bosman days, the bottom line is that they are still contractualy bound to whomever they had signed with.

They will get consistent first team futbol with a squad that may not have the bigger names but a talented squad none the less. Mascherano I don't worry about nearly as much as Carlitos in regards to maturity. With Teddy Sherringham setting imo a perfect example of what being a pro is all about, Tevez may actually gain from this experience.

They're leaving Brazil for one of the top three leagues in the world so why don't some of you whinners accept and embrace what could be a season of magic. I remember the last time two Argentines played together in London and how sweet that was.

16. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    West Ham??? Arsenal??? who knows these days

ARSENAL HABRIA COMPRADO A TEVEZ EN 31 MILLONES DE DÓLARES

El Arsenal de Inglaterra ya consiguió el pase del delantero argentino Carlos Tevez mediante el pago de unos 18 millones de libras esterlinas (aproximadamente 31 millones de dólares) y que en las próximas horas el jugador se realizaría la revisión médica en su nuevo club, informó hoy un diario británico.

El diario The Sun aseguró en su página de Internet que Arsenal ya consiguió al artillero argentino Carlos Tevez, de 22 años, que mantenía un conflicto con su club, el Corinthians de Brasil.

El mismo portal informó que Tevez llegará en las próximas horas a Londres, junto a otros integrantes del seleccionado argentino, para enfrentar el próximo domingo, en partido amistoso a Brasil y que aprovechará para realizar la revisión médica en Arsenal.

Tevez también era codiciado por el Manchester United y el Bayern Munich, de Alemania, pero, finalmente, la lucha se habría dirimido en favor de Arsenal.

www.facetasdeportivastv.com

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was the sory in yesterday's newspapers, however today, so it is being reported, it is a done deal that they will join West Ham on loan for this season.

18. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    i know where leon is coming from, in regard to playing at bigger clubs, however if tevez and masche were to go to a middle premier league club, i would have preferred portsmouth.

for me, pardew is an overrated manager, he got west ham promoted via the play-offs then had a good first season in his first in the top flight, as often happens.

george burley, a far better manager in my opinion, got ipswich promoted then led them to finish fifth in his first season, next season they were in the uefa cup, travelling to places like inter.

they were duly relegated.

that clearly won't happen to west ham now that they've got tevez and masche, but my point is that pardew is largely unproven.

redknapp on the other hand, at portsmouth, is a damn good manager, whose teams play attractive football.

he values skilful players and knows how to handle them, as he proved with d'alessandro.

to me, the fact that these two guys have gone to west ham, points to another agenda at work here.

it could be the chelsea connection of course, or it could be because MSI tried to aquire west ham previously and failed.

one of their number is known to be a west ham fan and they may have another bid lined up.

either way, there is clearly more to this than meets the eye.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    value andres? Look where he is now....
    same with last year aquisition: Viafara

20. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    radknapp wanted to sign andres permanently as far as i'm aware.

he said so on many occassions and had nothing but praise for the player.

i have no idea why it didn't happen.

andres is probably more suited to spain anyway.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    If Chelsea is behind all this, i don't know if they have eliminated their rivals being stronger or they have established 1 more rival themself. i mean with Tevez and Mascherano WHM is going to be far better and they are going to give trouble to every big club in EPL. WHM is not a weakest team in EPL and as far i have read they have some quality players too. i won't be surprise if WHM finishes as Nr 1 or 2 in EPL this season.

23. West 'am 'till I die

Mar 28, 2006
    London

I like your way of thinking brother! :)

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes, I'd love to see West Ham beat Chelsea. One thing for sure, they will play more attractive football than Chelsea.