Carlos tevez, new address.

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by efernandez9, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... :rolleyes:

2. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ya rit, enough of sarcasm.:D But i heard ManU are also lining up a 30M pound :eek: bid for Mascerano !! How true is it ??

3. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chelsea are believed to be the English club leading the race to sign Corinthians forward Carlos Tevez.

The Argentina attacker made a positive impression during the World Cup finals but has fallen out with the Brazilian club's supporters and is known to be looking for a pre-deadline move.

Corinthians are struggling in their domestic league and do not want to lose the powerful 22-year-old without being adequately compensated.

However, sources in Argentina claim discussions have taken place with a view to Chelsea signing both Tevez and his international team-mate Javier Mascherano, one of the world's best defensive midfielders.

MSI, the major investors in Corinthians, have reportedly sent officials to England to discuss transfer business ahead of Argentina's friendly with Brazil at Arsenal's new Emirates Stadium.

The club are reluctant to lose either player without finding replacements and Corinthians official Flavio Adauto has hinted that he would want players in part-exchange to boost the squad.

A number of other clubs have been pursuing Tevez with his list of admirers ranging from Premiership sides Arsenal, Manchester United and Aston Villa to Rennes and Roma.

One possible solution to his current predicament is for Chelsea to meet the asking price and immediately farm him out on loan to another club. That would rule Arsenal and Manchester United out of the equation but not the other teams in the running.

It is unlikely Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho could afford to lose any of his squad players after something of a clear-out this summer but the financial power provided by Roman Abramovich's fortune could prove decisive.

Mascherano missed the latest training session in Brazil, much to coach Emerson Leao's bemusement.

"The cases of Tevez and Mascherano has already been passed to the directors," he commented.

"I know that president [Alberto] Dualib was in London to resolve the problems and my obligation is to do my job in the best way possible."

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope they don't go to Chelsea. If they join Arsenal then both would become better players because Wenger has a proven track record of taking talented young players and turning them into great players. If they go to Chelsea they will earn loads and loads of money but will be in a team that plays dull football and have a manager who distrusts maverick players, this would not be a problem for Mascherano but there will be problems for Tevez.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    We did have a reported £18 million on the table for Hargreaves. We could afford it and even both players. I doubt we will do it though.

6. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    the money they got for ruud van nistelrooy?

7. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    has anyone heard anything different about tevez and mascherano? i'm gonna be really pissed if nothing happens by tomorrow.

8. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Manchester United said they will have a special announcemnet tomorrow evening. Arsenal signed Baptista so they might be out of the market for Tevez. I think both are going to England.

9. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    thanks juan, at this point i really don't mind where they end up just as long as they get the f**k out of brazil.

10. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    Arsenal havent signed Baptista yet

11. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez y Mascherano jugarán en el West Ham

Los dos jugadores argentinos finalmente se van de Corinthians, club en el que estaban en una situación conflictiva, para jugar en la prestigiosa Premier League. Llegan a préstamo y por una temporada.

Cuando en las últimas horas se especulaba con que el futuro de Carlos Tevez iba a estar en el Arsenal de Inglaterra, finalmente se confirmó que el argentino sí jugará en ese país pero en un club de menor jerarquía: West Ham United.

Tevez no estará solo en este equipo de la capital inglesa. Al delantero lo acompañará Javier Mascherano, quien de esta manera también se aleja de Corinthians de Brasil.

Tanto Tevez como Mascherano llegan a préstamo, por un año, con el objetivo de dar un paso más importante la temporada que viene en la Premier League. Los dos estaban en una situación conflictiva en el Timao y tenían ganas de irse.

A primera hora, el diario inglés The Sun había asegurado que Arsenal había abrochado el pase de Carlitos mediante el pago de unos 18 millones de libras esterlinas (aproximadamente 31 millones de dólares). Sin embargo, por ahora lo disfrutarán los hinchas de West Ham.
    so its been decided, for those that cant read spanish sorry but im at work./

12. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    http://www.tycsports.com/

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    West Ham :eek:. Bloody Hell!!! Oh well anything is better than staying in Brazil.

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even though WestHam isn't the glory club it had been at times, they still have a solid squad on paper. With Tevez and Javier, they could really make a lot of sweat it out. This also gives our boys a chance to getting definite playing time without the b/s of playing at a glamour team. Want to talk about a chance to really make a name and paycheck for themselves. I'd love to see them lead an underdog team to the top of the EPL.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It's true I mean they'd really show their worth if they can somehow bring some success to West Ham. It's gonna be hard though.

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No. Position Player
    1 Northern Ireland GK Roy Carroll
    2 England DF Tyrone Mears
    3 England DF Paul Konchesky
    4 Wales DF Danny Gabbidon
    5 England DF Anton Ferdinand
    6 Northern Ireland DF George McCartney
    7 Scotland DF Christian Dailly
    8 England FW Teddy Sheringham
    9 England FW Dean Ashton
    10 England FW Marlon Harewood
    11 England MF Matthew Etherington
    12 England FW Carlton Cole
    14 Ghana DF John Pantsil
    15 Israel MF Yossi Benayoun

No. Position Player
    17 England MF Hayden Mullins
    18 United States DF Jonathan Spector
    19 Wales DF James Collins
    20 England MF Nigel Reo-Coker (c)
    21 England GK Robert Green
    23 England GK Jimmy Walker
    25 England FW Bobby Zamora
    26 England MF Shaun Newton
    27 England MF Hogan Ephraim
    28 England MF Kyel Reid
    29 England MF Lee Bowyer

Alan Pardew has gotten some decent results including an awesome run in the FA cup. With our two studs, they could actually make some noise in the EPL.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Masch and Tevez would be better off staying at Corinthians than joining West Ham. It would be a terrible move for players of that ability to join such a club. I can't believe this is serious.

These players must be very badly advised, first they make a monumental error in joining Corinthians and now it is claimed (although I'll only believe if it happens) they are to be loaned out to West Ham.

18. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    It is actually official, go to Tevez website and you will find the hammers logo. I would not say it is a bad move because the EPL is head and shoulders above the Brazilian league. Remember it is only a loan, it appears Corinthians and MSI are planning to sell them for a much higher price and are willing to wait 1 year by loaning them.

It is an intersting move to say the least. West Ham has been one of the leading sector in developing talent for England. They have some excllent players like Anton Ferdinand and used to have the legend known as Scaloni ...

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pekerman, Scaloni was a laughing stock during his time at West Ham, literally, the panelists on Match of the Day were actually laughing at him because he was so bad. It just appears to me that MSI are leading these two players by the nose, they should be playing for clubs that are in the champions league and competing for titles, the best West Ham can do is finish in the top 8 (and they will not finish anywhere near the top 4). I've nothing against West Ham, but why are such talented players turning out for clubs like Corinthians and West Ham? It would have been like Kaka leaving Brazil to sign for Getafe. It's just a waste.

20. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I was obviously joking about Scaloni :D

I heard that MSI tried to take over West Ham before so that might be the logical explanation for this. Other than that MSI was talking about selling Tevez for $100m before the WC, so you might understand why they are not too interested in a 32m offer from Arsenal.

There is a lot of positive to take out of this; there will be no pressure on them like in the big clubs and they will get a lot of playing time. I would take this over Brazil any day of the week. It could have been worse, they could have ended in Germany with that incompetent Bayern Munich.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I knew you were joking about Scaloni. :D

To be honest I'd rather they played for Bayern Munich, at least they would play in the Champions League. They seem to have become circus acts, with MSI as the ringleader, "come and watch 2 world class players turn out for mediocre teams" (no offence to West Ham). As for playing under no pressure, I'm sure the 2 of them are big enoughg to handle the pressure of playing for a big club challenging for titles. Still, it's a done deal so it's going to be interesting watching them play in the premiership, I'm sure Tevez will be hitting the bars and clubs of London straight away. :D

22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Well if you put it like that, I would actually be attracted to go to any circus just to see those 2 perform. At least they are in a respectable league where they will be watched and rated from all over the world unlike the relatively obscure Brazilian league.

This is honestly a good first step, they will get used to the English lifestyle and will have enough time to adjust their game to the EPL. Plus they have to learn English which might take a while for Tevez :rolleyes: It is just a one year loan. Nothing less nothing more. Let's just hope they do flourish and win some trophies. :) I can barely see what i am typing, Gnight lol.

23. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    West Ham. WTF?

what are these guys upto. if it's on loan then Chelsea might be behind this all to prevent them from joining other clubs and if its the case we will see them in stamford bridge within a year. otherwise it is a very bad move from them. this MSI is ruining their career. but i am happy they are leaving Brazil, it will be easier to attract interest from big clubs in EPL.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez to West Ham? That is shocking. Still, it is much better to play at West Ham than to rot in the bench at Chelsea, so its not bad news, really.

It's nice to see that Mascherano will join him (if the reports are true). It is much easier to adapt to a foreign culture when you got company. Do those two get along well?

Any team that has both Mascherano and Tevez ought to have enough to contend, unless the other guys really suck. I don't know a lot of those players, but looking at their roster, West Ham also has the Israeli guy, Jossi Benayoun, who is a talented creative player, and should complement our guys well in midfield. And up front, they got the ancient Teddy Sheringham and a couple of mediocre alternatives, (Bobby Zamora and Harewood?). So, I expect that the team will certainly have to rely a lot on Tevez.

Here is West Ham's webpage from soccernet, featuring the news (which must be a bombshell for their fans), and a nice picture of Tevez:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=371&cc=5901

Note that they don't acknowledge that the move is final, but I doubt they would be featuring it if it wasn't likely to happen:

And from bbc, also featuring the news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/default.stm

Note that West Ham is participating in the UEFA cup, and they will play against Palermo in September. So, there would be at least a chance for some international competition. Hopefully with Tevez and Mascherano they can advance. I guess if this happens I will have to become a fan.

25. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    i am literally in shock.

if u dont hear from me for a few days someone please send for an ambulance.