Carlos Sanchez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Frightening.

I have been thinking about scenarios where CQ calls up Roca for the Copa America bc someone like Lerma/Barrios would be injured. Or someone like Cardona/Muriel is excluded for Roca so we can have more defensive options.

I guess in March we will have a preliminary sense of where his head is at with call ups.

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd.....
    Roca is coming for you!!

IMG_0491.jpg

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    A Double 5 of Sanchez and Barrios for the Copa here we come!

Someone might have to keep Crzd away from sharp objects.;)

Furnaccio and sidspaceman repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope he comes to NYC and gets the measles !!

(It’s a joke Pep!! But idiots hipsters aren’t vaccinating their kids so 300 cases of it in Ny) fking white people!

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want a quadruple-cinco for the Copa19 just to see crzd’s posts

Arias-Davinson-oscar-Fabra
    Lerma-Roca-Barrios-Cuéllar
    James-Duvan

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t like Barrios, Cuellar, Roca, Oscar at all

Barrios is super over rated. Oscar all he does is kick the ball out of bonds anytime he is close to it or back passes.

I want to see a Lerma-Uribe mf tho

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The big problem with your opinion is that you dont watch enough match of them....so i based in ignorance.

Miraclous you are not repeating barrios "is temperamental" because the head butt....

Colombia is suffering a lot of the matches when barrios inst playing........

villus repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You know I was only joking around, right :)

I agree about Lerma-Uribe. I think that’s worth testing out at some point. You never know when Barrios is going to be unavailable.

Just hope to find someone that can offer up some of the same skillset / traits that Uribe brings to the table.

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think that La Roca will be called again. Not just because of his age, but also because of his lack of form. We have enough good players better than gim at the moment, his time in the national team is over.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Most people are hoping your opinion is right.
    However, Queiroz did mention Carlos Sanchez in a recent interview so I think he is on the radar. And with the way Queiroz loves Defensive types of players I say it is a 50-50 chance he is on the squad.

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If he calls Carlos Sanchez that is really problematic. It's quite possibly the position we have the most depth in and he has a ton of reasons why he should'nt be playing over Lerma/Barrios and probably Cuellar and Campuazano. And we haven't even brought in Cantillo yet. Let the young talent who have a much higher upside get the minutes and get used to playing, I wish La Roca the best but if we are relying on him then our process is ********ed.

pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He had Cuellar in camp and we will see what impression he left on him. Campuzano is injured and will be fortunate to be back by September.
    Cantillo was not called up these last few games and has not been mentioned at all in Queiroz's plans but i am too hopeful he is higher on the totem pole than Sanchez,.
    And we all don't know the behind the scenes things like if he is a good lockeroom guy. Those factors play a part too.

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'd bet he really is a good lockerroom guy but he's 33 coming off a serious injury in a position with a ton of depth, it should play a part but it should be a small factor, he also likely kept starting because of his standing within the team and kept Barrios who was alot better from starting in the world cup and it cost us dearly most likely.

None of this is any fault of La Roca, he's always given his all and was very good in his role but even if he was healthy and firing his ability on the ball really hurts us a lot and I'd hope a high level coach would realize that.

pibe10 repped this.
  14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes I know he mentioned it but I think that he mostly intend to continue Pekerman's process among with several veterans but in Sanchez's case it's his age, combined with a serious injury and number of players in his position that currently better than him so I don't see where he will find himself in. At the end, Queiroz will have to bring results.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In your eyes there are a number of players at his position currently better than him.
    But I am trying to look at things through the eyes of the new manager. And so far many of my hunches have been true like him calling up Tesillo, Palacioa, Machado and using a double 5 as a priority.

I think it is 50-50 we see this guy in the Copa if he is healthy.

16. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A mí me sirve de 4to central, 5to contención. Ya de mediocampista me parece que está por debajo de muchos.

Me gustaría ver a Jhon Lucumí y Carlos Cuesta principalmente como recambio de lo que tenemos actualmente.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is an interesting point. Pekerman did use him and Valencia in many instances as CBs And he has played at CB in Italy.. Maybe Queiroz could see him as that type of multi-functional player.

But I just want to make this clear, I do not want him on the team just like a majority of people here.
    But I am thinking Queiroz sees a player he can use. I can't deny reality.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to be consistent here. I said everyone has a clean slate under a new manager
    But I am with you and many others here, I do not want to see his name on the roster when push comes to shove..

Azucarero repped this.
  20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1271 Baal88, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    The bane of crzd's existence has returned and it's back with a vengeance.

pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well man if you liked his World Cup performance that is on you

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah. I'm just making fun out of you and your stupid obsession with this idiot every time you write a New post.

ryu79, J-Mezzy, pepinointer and 2 others repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1274 HomietheClown, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    That is the only reason I want to see Carlos on the Copa Roster frankly.:ROFLMAO:

24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Same. That and a “quadruple cinco” which is like a unicorn or Sasquatch sighing ;)

HomietheClown repped this.