Carlos Ruiz Wants to be Sold

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LA Aztecs OG, Feb 5, 2004.

1. comron

comron New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    you bastard.

2. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was cold...but it is nice to read that Carlos has his heart fixed with playing in LA for a while, until a golden opportunity arises in Europe sometime, which anyone who loves soccer could understand. It's just nice to see he's excited about being back with the Galaxy.

3. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that interview stating that he wants to be sold to the MLS. That would be a good thing right? It would give the MLS control and if he does move on the MLS will get the transfer fee. He certainly seems to be saying the right things about being back in LA and wanting to help the Galaxy. I'm not sure how this jives with him missing the first two days of training. There must be more to the story than I am unaware of.

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    what happened to the Wolverhampton deal?

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It fell through. Rumor has it that he was late for a trial and so they dumped him.

Nice try OG, but I knew the title meant he wanted to be sold to MLS after reading the Soccernet article. ;)

6. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The man's a total bastard on the field, but he is someone that is good for the league. All of the antics that he is criticized for at least seem to stem from a passion for the club and the league.

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If you saw from the list the Players' Association put out how much Ruiz was being paid, then you'd understand why he wants to leave.

It is shameful that MLS hasn't given him a substantial raise.

8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    dude the article quotes ruiz as saying he wants to be sold outright to mls.

9. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    You do realize he's getting a six digit income from Municipal as well, right? He ain't struggling.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Struggling? No. But considering what he's accomplished in two years in MLS, and considering what MLS is paying a 14 year old rookie, I can certainly understand why he may feel aggrieved.

11. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Do you happen to know how much his Municipal salary is? It's hard to believe that he's receiving over $100,000 from his last team and MLS is only kicking in $30,000.

12. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fish also made some comments (off the record so I can't source them) that Muni made it difficult for him to move to England because they were asking for entirely too much. They were looking for a big payday or words to that effect. So, if his rights were owned by MLS, it might be a bit easier for him to move.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part based on stuff I've heard so I may be way off base...but probably not by much. ;)

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Oh P to the Izzy: for a moderator, you've got a LOT to learn.

Speculation constitutes fact on BS, Chris Bergin and La Opinion. ;)

14. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But none of those are my sources. ;)

15. Fulhamfan

Fulhamfan New Member

Oct 17, 1999
    Valley
    Llew Llewellyn and Dan Loney had his agent Rich Wotzizname on American Soccer News on Tuesday and he said that he wasn't his agent when the crap deal was done and that Ruiz was in negotiations with the league because this is his first option year.

I don't know how to link to a that radio show archive, but I'm pretty sure that you can do it somehow via the Big Soccer Radio link on the left. He came on in the first hour.

They also had Alexi on later, calling in from outside the Britannia Arms in SJ after meeting with Club Quake. It was pretty funny, you could tell he had been imbibing and he kept saying hello to people as they came in and out of the pub!

Linda
    FA Cup 4th Round - Fulham 2 Everton 1. "Bring on the Hammers!"

16. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can also link to it at Cybersoccernews.com

17. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    This totally fits. Muni didn't pay Fish $100k a season when he wasn't playing for them so MLS could sell him to Europe cheap.

18. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    is this a new galaxy uni, or do our practice jerseys always have giant ads on the front?

19. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Muni also want to insure that any teams from Europe that come in with money end up talking to Muni (they are looking for a payday) and the article misses Fishes comments that he wants his rights owned outright by MLS.