Carlos Queiroz DT

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We really paid 2 million dollars to a guy like Carlos Queiroz. What was the fed thinking?

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Some one probably talked them into signing him threw recommendation. Ecuador literally paid 0.9 Mil to Cruyff when he legit didnt even coach one game or do anything in the 6 months the was coaching us. I think over 6 months he spent no more than 96 hours in Ecuador.

3. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Was he good at Millonarios? Russo was a complete disaster at Alianza Lima. He came with little to no research of our football and spent his few months just complaining about the squad and altitude.

Not only that but he's a COVID risk so he wouldn't be able to travel as shown in the Libertadores.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dream on :cool:

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Pekerman made 3.

To me the bigger problem isn't that Quieroz makes as much as he does. If he made the same as Pekerman--which he most certainly shouldn't--at least this would signify that the Fed thought he could replace his success.

They pay Quieroz less because they know full and well he isn't as good of a coach.

How did they expect anything different from what's happening now?

Tio Nicci repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was good and was champion of league (second time since 1989) ....developed a great chemistry with colombians footballers.....iand in boca uses .

my concern is also his health......

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Im not attracted by Pekerman Part II, but if Carlos Antonio Velez get very angry because of that i will be very happy

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd like a younger coach but the team loves him and he has experience rescuing Colombia from similar situations...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm by no means a Millos fan but I think Gamero is an amazing talent. Pekerman and Russo are not our answer. If this is the time to restructure, then it will be painful, but let's do it right.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    would make me lol if he came back. Honestly shocked he's even interested in returning, at this point i'd take him back in a heartbeat. I don't have any faith in the FCF, I don't think they'd bring in anyone decent.

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he was great for Millonarios, did great with what he had. He's done good at Boca Juniors too. I wouldn't be completely upset if we signed him and i'd prefer him over Osorio

12. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    There's plenty of Colombian coaches..

Honestly the one with the best resume available that hasn't had a shot is Luis Fernando Suárez... And then there's guys in the league that why can't they be considered like Gamero or Hernan Torres or Harold Rivera... I personally don't like a 3 man backline so I worry about Osorio but even Osorio should be considered...

Pekerman was getting a little sketch at the end there with Luzcano forcing some him to take on guys he wanted to represent...

That should never happen...

Lerma has proven he isn't good enough to play for the national team...

So idk... Now Pekerman has taken Colombia to the world cup and deeper than anyone else so objectively that should make him the best candidate.. I just feel like he hit a limit and the idea was to get someone that would go further than Pekerman..

If that is the case then they will have to spend more than they did on Pekerman and try to look for someone with a big name that's younger or someone just as old but with a bigger pedigree...

Those sound like a guy like Sampaoli, Pottenchino and Scolari..

And realistically.. Doesn't sound possible so I guess it's either back to Bolillo or Pekerman or finally let Osorio get the shot he's obviously been trying to position himself for.. But they all have draw backs or having hit their best for Colombia and Osorio just failed with Nacional

13. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would love Russo over anyone right now. Giving any of these coaches a second chance kinda sucks that we're so lazy to find a coach. Rueda would of been great but at the beginning of the cycle so he would of had process. But Bolillo? Damn this sucks lol. Osorio I don't want Mina as a CDM or Muriel as LB. I'm a huge Nacional fan and I know for a fact mentally that man isn't all there right now. We need someone with a strong voice that can change the mentality of these players NOW. Qualifiers are quick if we don't turn this around now we can say goodbye to Qatar.

pepinointer repped this.
  14. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia needs a coach thats bigger than these players to finally bring them down. Someone who can talk to them however they want because they're not scared because James is a big star and all these other players play in Europe. We need someone with character.

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Every Colombian I know doesnt want a Colombian coach due to past experiences corruption, favoritism and regionalismo. I would love to see Colombia go with another Argentinean coach. But TBH Santiago Escobar is a good coach too and was an serious option for Ecuador recently I am a fan of the work he is doing in Ecuador right now. Him and José Eugenio Hernández even tho he coaches a small team ATM. Do you think either would come up as an option for Colombia ?

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santiago escobar was pretty bad in Colombia...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Despite what I said about Pekerman not bringing us higher than what he has before, he at least knew and understood how to use our team much better and more consistently.

I would welcome a guy like him who legitimately has a love and passion not just for our team but our nation itself.

18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we took Pekerman for granted.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

at least this guy will be gone soon

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes and no. Pekerman built a great foundation but I felt the 18 cycle left a bad taste for many of us.

Personally I felt like he ran out of gas and struggled with changing up tactics and the players had a common theme of not waking up until we were down a goal and/or playing nervous for those first 20-30 minutes.

On the flip side, he did get the best out of JFQ and players like Uribe, Mina shined while players like Barrios was starting to scratch the surface.

But on the other flip side, he stuck to his old guard too much (Roca, Abel, Teo, Bacca) while players like Duvan, Muriel, Barrios were likely ready to be starters or players used more frequently.

But on the other flip side - we had a black cloud of key absences late in the 18 cycle - Fabra, Cardona, James, Duvan was injured too I think.

I go back and forth about Pekerman’s last couple years. It was a grind and each game was a biter, but never as bad as these past two games.

Azucarero repped this.
  21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think by "we" you mean Crzd; despite us not coming up when the team needed to, Pekerman made something of our generation into a talented team that qualified for the world cup twice and got us 3rd placed in the Copa America.

We always appreciated and loved Pekerman even as he stopped being the coach and we thinking that we needed a new coach to bring us to the next level.

Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Carlos Antonio Vélez says Ramón Jesurún, presidente de la FCF, y los vicepresidentes Álvaro González y Fernando Jaramillo, met and decided that there isn't enough money to fire Quieroz and there isn't even a realistic replacement right now.

So looks like no world cup in 2022. He lost this lockeroom with all those subs and barring drastic changes Colombia can't beat anyone right now but Bolivia and even I wouldn't be surprised if Bolivia beat Colombia in Bolivia.

Azucarero repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    1) Not surprised. I called it earlier in the week. I know this Federation and I know they are not going to pay someone to go away and then pay someone to come in and save the day. (Not at this stage of the cycle at least.)

2) Let's not go overboard here. A lot can change between now and March. We just need Ospina and the back line players to get healthy on Defense. That would help out immensely. But yes, it is more than likely going to be a struggle to make it to Qatar but not impossible. The way we played against Venezuela and the way we played before the penalty against Chile was encouraging.

24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only hope is it's Velez so this might mean nothing.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no I like Pekerman . He made us play like a FIFA game against Mexico in his first game. I feel he got way more love than he deserves because the players he had.

he really shit the bed when it mattered.

I wanted the next step. So wanted him gone. Chile had 3 good players in Vidal, Bravo and Sanchez. They dominated South America for 5+ years and under 3 different coaches.

peru with almost no one was great last cycle

we should either be a very offensive team or become solid defensively again.

Pekerman would be an improvement on what we have but we aren’t Junior. We can’t fire a coach to just bring him back.

I am totally for Pekerman to be in charge of Nt development. And be Part of the process but not the coach.

I want Rueda. Gamero if we gave him the after the WC then sure but now we are in game 5 with 4 points which is where Rueda was in 2006 WCQ. not a great place to be with 0 room for area. Losing 8 points to our 3 biggest direct rivals! With Brazil next

Furnaccio repped this.