Carlos "Pescadito" Ruiz back to Olimpia of Paraguay?

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by BallinBear, Dec 7, 2009.

1. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    http://www.lanacion.com.py/noticias-281087-2009-12-05.htm

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I doubt it, is just the directiva throwing around names because they are trying to survive and they know Pescadito is a fan favorite, they made terrible mistakes in the last two tournaments like the firing Almeida when he was still undefeated now Almeida is about to win the championship with a team that hasn't won it in 63 years and their payroll is about half our payroll they also fired the coach with 4 games left in this tournament when we still had a chance so now they are just making things up, pretty soon they will link Messi to Olimpia just so they can keep stealing for another year.

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Almeida is a great coach. I'm still pissed Guate missed the chance to make him the NT coach years ago.

4. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Thanks for the insight man, that sucks for Olimpia fans, they deserve better. Sounds kinda like Guate's media about linking our players abroad all the time, lol.

Meanwhile, Pescadito's future is still uncertain, Puebla cut Borghetti and Nicolas Vigneri a few days ago but there hasn't been any word on whether Ruiz will stay or be let go.

I think Ruiz still has half a year left on his contract so he'll likely have another torneo to prove his value.

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well lads, Pescadito still with Puebla by request from the coach. Sorry lads Pescadito stays in Mexico.

6. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Link?

7. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  8. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Thanks man.

Ramon Nunez' return to Puebla would be huge. He's already familiar with Pescadito's playing style, as they were teammates at FC Dallas. Puebla desperately needs a playmaker in the midfield to create more shots.

9. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    well creo que el pescado deve de jugar de delantero , no donde jugo la temporada pasada como volante ofensivo!!!

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Felicidades a Almeida... campeon con Nacional. I wonder how the people at Olimpia are feelling after firing him for no good reason. :rolleyes:

11. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Same way most of us felt when they did it, mad as hell I was at the stadium last sunday and is the only time I can remember cheering and rooting against my team, I wanted Nacional to win the championship because Almeida is my only boyhood Idol and He deserved better and I loved how his son rubbed that championship in the face of the directiva that fire him.