Carlos Pavon to LAG?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Oct 20, 2006.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to ESPN Radio 1330 AM (talkshow--no link) Carlos Pavon (former Honduran Intl) is in talks with LAG to join the team in December. So far he has narrow down his choices to LAG or playing in China:rolleyes: He is very good friends with Amado Guevarra and is leaning towards coming to MLS. He is a striker and is said to a have a couple of miles left in him. There is more info about him below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Pavón

2. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's 32, and been on 6 teams in the last 6 years. . .

I dunno. . I'm not all that hyped if this is true.

3. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I agree.. Just hearing that Glen will be back healthy would get me more excited than this potential deal..;)
    Even if he (Pavon) were a current international it might help a little but we can do better in the market, I would think..
    But none of us are Lalas, so what do we know? :)

4. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 years ago

I would have been hyped over this 5 years ago... he had a fantastic 2001 Gold Cup and subsequent WC qualification.

Since then... he has not made a splash at all. and recently been a complete bust.

I would hope we are not popping our full nut for this guy. Cuz that seems like a waste.

Agent Lalas - better be secret friends w/ Pavon gathering some buzz over him so this chinese team gets interested more, and pavon can garner a big pay day.... if not, GM Lalas could be the bust.

5. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. We would not be too excited about most current Honduran internationals. Suazo of course the exception.

6. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't need a has-been to play for the Galaxy. I am sure you can find good players from anywhere. After all, everybody wants to come to the USA, they even die in the desert, climb fences, and pay coyotes to enter illegally.

8. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes the Galaxy so unique that they can not play under pressure. Every team in every world league plays under pressure. It is called competition.