Carlos Carvalhal to Wolverhampton?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    O jogo reports that young Belenenses coach Carlos Carvalhal could be the next coach at Wolverhampton, it looks like Queiroz and Mourinho are open other doors for portuguese coach's

http://www.ojogo.pt/20-258/Artigo419758.htm

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This is a surprise. Good for him - I hope he gets the shot, but in my heart I think he will coach a "grande" before even going abroad.

3. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    What shot? Going to a club that wont get their ass out of Division One is not a step up from where he is right now.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    but is going to get a big raise

5. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    maybe Tottenham now, Santini Resigned :cool: ahah just jokin, of course Spurs want a manager with more reputation, well Wolves would be a very good team to Carvalhal, i hope that they call Henri Camara from loan :cool:

6. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    Yes, but I wouldn´t move abroad just to be in a low-profile club.

7. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    why not, reputatiom, always open doors in others countries

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    money talks, special when you basically starting your coaching career

9. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    I would look for him to coach a big team especially Porto. He has ties with Mourinho. The way Porto is going these days Fernendez might not get a christmas card from Pinto De Costa

10. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The profile for a foreign coach is huge. He would get a lot more $$$ and a higher profile in England. I still think that either one of the grandes is in his future before he goes anywhere else.

11. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know there are reasons for him to go there if he does, but to me it makes our Liga look bad when a coach leaves to go to a team in the Coca Cola championship.

12. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    He wont leave Belenenses in the beggining of the season to move to a shite club like Wolverhampton which is struggling in Division One, I´m pretty sure about that. He will stay more time there, then he´ll get a chance to coach a better club.

13. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    you're probably are right, he knows that sooner or later he will be the maanger of one of the the big three

14. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    If I am Carvalhal I would seriously consider this move for a few reasons.

1. HE will not be given a chance to coach one of the big three any time soon until he gains more experience.

2. Going to England, even in the lower division, will give him a different experience and different outlook on strategies.

3. A no lose situation. It he lifts the team into Promotion place and gets promoted his status will dramatically improve worldwide. if Wolves stay where they are not damage to his rep and he acuires the stigma of coaching in England.

4. Money

5. Contacts, networking. by going to another country it will allow him to scout other options.

6. Money :)

15. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    There is no way that Camara would come back to Wolves - the fans wouldn't want him back.

I am a Wolves fan and have heard the rumours about Carvalhal but I don't really know much about him. I believe he has had a lot of success with smaller or underachieving teams - can anyone fill me in? I am suprised with the link, although we seem to be linked with just about every available manager at the moment.

While I'm at it, can anyone tell me how Silas is doing at the moment? I don't think he was given much of a chance at Wolves.