Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He was Pep's recommendation as his successor if I recall correctly.

2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are right about that. Of course the downsides that Dage mentioned are all true as well.

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #279 Boandlkramer, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Is “The General “ available till a permanent replacement is found?!

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That would be very cool if it happened.

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A bit harsh for him, but he really has lost the team. Good decision.

Turns out that it's not so easy to keep this team on the top, eh? And to remember some of the members here were bashing about the team and Guardiola, because they "only" won 3 Bundesliga + 3 CL semi-final consecutively. So laughable.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't forget: "anyone can win the BL with this team, heck there is no excuse not to win the CL." Pep haters were way wrong about CA.

9. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Although it is tempting to claim bragging rights over Pep vs Carlo whom i always thought was a bad choice to succeed Pep ... (see what I did there?)

The bottom line is that the squad has been mismanaged ever since the treble by the FO

It was obvious back them that too much payroll was tied up with 4 declining stars.

Incredibly Robbery are still at the club, when only Robben has any business being there.

The front two of Mueller/Lewy, whilst talented, has particular needs

First up - they have no pace. A fast winger is a must.

Second, the midfield needs to create for them and that just isn't happening at CL level.

Kroos + Schweini have never been adequately replaced.

And under Carlo that became a hot mess.

Kimmich remains a player I think will go all the way. But others like Goetze, Costa, Coman, Sanches have not delivered.

Now we see Alonso replaced by Rudy.

Is that guy really up to it?

Interesting times

10. the dumb dhajj

the dumb dhajj New Member

Sep 28, 2017
    wait, are you guys back posting here again? :ROFLMAO:

11. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Carlo was the "best" trainer available when Pep announced his departure. To Carlo's credit, we looked much better playing Real in the CL than under Pep and would've advanced had not the ref botched the red card/offsides/etc.

Regarding Ribery, he was outstanding last season and showed good form this one. Yes, there needs to be a balance with Coman for minutes but Ribs provides more than Coman currently.

Speaking of Coman, he's certainly regressed from the positive and great play we saw under Pep. New trainer needs to push him and also Alaba.

I think Vidal is an upgrade on either Schweini or Kroos TBH. Rudy remains to be seen but so far he's pretty solid on the defense. Thiago needs to be more in matches. He's had some good ones under CA but not enough.

Why CA chose the lineup yesterday is a mystery. He gambled and it blew up quite dramatically in his face.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This sums it up.

Ribery is no longer elite level - e.g in CL elimination vs the best defensive sides

He has no pace and is far too easy to defend against when he cuts in.

Coman is no better. Nor was Costa

And that really is Bayern's problem.

Lewy is elite but lacks pace. Robben is yet to show us he still has it. Mueller is a great player but is also not quick.

So everything with Bayern goes down the middle, or is aimless crossing.

13. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlo is a bum, always a bum

14. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree, not all things can be blamed on Carlo. An aging squad, lost of icons, lost of Sammer, the return of Uli, less motivation ... all play a role. However, as the head coach inheriting a great football team with define style, with his reputation I expect him to do much better. You know what, results wise, I’m ok with last year. But overall style of play is a disappointment. We really lost the exciting factor, meanwhile gained nothing on stability and efficiency. Squad development is a failure, bar Thiago every single player seem regressed, notably Alaba, Muller. Young players were not given proper chance last year (while rotation this year suddenly gets to such a high level that it even looks unplanned). I was also spoiled by the amount of concentration and intensity of work under Jupp and Pep, that I was really annoyed by his non-jon activities e.g. books publishing, some stupid events etc.

He has done something good, and he is unluckily the one to blame, but also he’s not good enough. Also I think for long term, the sooner we part with him the better, because we won’t build anything on his work. He was brought here to deliver, not to handle transitioning or squad rebuilding. If he can’t get the last drop of current squad, he’d better go.

From 2008 every coach fired brought something good to us. Klinsmann fired to have Van Gaal putting the foundation for a great crop of players, moving toward possessing football. van Gaal fired bringing Jupp to what we all know already. Jupp left for Pep bringing one period full of excitements (albeit frustration too). Except for Carlo. So I’m hoping here we will have a better years ahead.

And no I’m not even interested in bringing out the Pep vs Carlo. I was just feeling funny, and pity, because some Bayern fans, instead of enjoying Bayern under its best period, were wasting too much time trying to find negative thing. After all, now you may realized already, that 2012-2015 Bayern was not a given. It may not even come back in a long time.

The Jitty Slitter and Dr.Phil repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone forgot to plug him in.

Fussballer and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Shame he is my fav Bayern poster

19. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everyone left the board, and I, admittedly, lost some bits in my inspiration to watch Bayern. Of course our boring football since 1 year didn’t help. I also really hope this forum will someday return to its old exciting day :)

dark knight repped this.
  20. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’m still scratching my head. There are some things that have not been explained, and I really want to know the answer. For example, how an Ancelotti team could have such a bad and chaotic defense, while having some of the best personnel, on paper? How did he, a well-respected coach with strongest skills in man management and tactical efficiency, end up being fired because of glaring weaknesses relating to these exact point? What the hell did management do the whole summer? They didn’t release him to give new coach more time, but they also tried to get his wished players (Tolisso, James) only to sack him when the season is just 1 month old? Have they really lost the plot?

Whoever succeeds Ancelotti, be it Tuchel, Nangelsmann, will have an incredibly huge amount of work to do.

Until Christmas, all I want is Bayern to stay alive in the Champions League.

21. nowherenova

nowherenova Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Formerly Terminus
    Nice to see some posters back in here.

22. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    How would this look:

Neuer
    Kimmich-Hummels-Boateng-Alaba