Carletto proud of Pato

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Catfish, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. jfaria

jfaria New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    I hate his nickname Pato :mad:, he has such a beautiful name, why the hell can't he be called Alexandre.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why not Alexandre The Great?

4. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, why you guys only complain about Pato´s nickname since most brazilian players have nicknames? Cafu, Kaka, Dida, etc.

I guess when he entered his first team, there was another Alexandre (common name in Brazil, my father is Alexandre).

Instead of calling him by his full name, too formal by brazilian standarts, they prefered nicknaming him Pato, because of his small home town, Pato Branco (which is INDEED a weird name for a town).

The kid likes the nickname I guess. He several times commemorated goals by "flapping wings" and in rain days by throwing himself on water spots and flapping the wings lol.

He is just a kid after all :)

ps: in portuguese, Alexandre is pronounced like Aleshandre. X in portuguese only has the usual english sound (ehcs, cs) when its the LAST letter in a name, like Alex. And when after the X comes a consonant letter instead of a vowel, it has a simple S sound... like exterminador is pronounced esterminador.