Carles Puyol...

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Sid Wilson, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Dont they just inject fluid into the cartiledge to make it bigger and stronger?

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whenever I have had problems with cartiledge they have injected it with some stuff that helps cushion the area or something to stop pressure from being put on it, which brings down the irritation. I have gone from not being able to not limp to being able to run (dumb, but if needed) within seconds.

3. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cortisone SHot

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well said, I too he is outstanding.

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can only remember the name cortisone, but it is not cortisone. similar, but different substance.

6. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Puyol is the heart and soul of barca. Absolutely love him.

7. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Usually they use hidrocortisone. Actually(to respond to a previous post), if it's too thin he won't break his leg, but he would be in serious pain, and the knee would be unstable, which would mean a bigger risk of tearing an ACL(Anterior Cruzate Ligament) or PCL(posterior). This would need surgery and at least a 6 month recovery time. (Xavi tore his ACL)

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    My favourite player in Barcelona for several years now. Team captain who is like a father to the team. We can sell any player but not Puyol!!! Captain my captain.

p.s.
    I have Barca jersey with Puyol No. 5 on it :D :D :D

9. Rissa11

Rissa11 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Fabulous 1st comment. Love him. Excellent work, always ready, sweet runs up the field. And I like his hair. :rolleyes:

10. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I really think there are only two other CB that come close to him (and maybe even reach the same level consistent absurd level) and that is the aforementioned Fabio Cannavaro and maybe Maldini. Maldini's getting older and eventhough he's still one of the best, he's no longer as good as he once was. I rate Maldini to be the best defender of all time. It's got nothing to do with stature, it's pure skill. pure technique. Unlike for example, the Sol Campbell's of this world.

11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He is already a great centerback. Only thing I dont like about him is his over zealousness. He tends to get too wreckless at times. (Very few times) even though it doesnt happend often, but it does happen once in a while. If he were playing in the EPL, he would be up their with the best 3 centerbacks. he has what it takes. Atheletic, pace, techinique, tenacity, determination, high work rate. I can honestly go on longer.

12. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but if he wasn't playing on the verge of out of control, then it wouldn't be Puyol.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great post and I will rep you when I can. Puyol is a player that just never quits and gives 110% every match, I love that in a player.

14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sorry for necroing this thread but i really loved the posts in it , Puyol is my idol and will always be an icon and the captain of Barca for me , i'm really sad to see his injuries prevent him from continuing to play at top level but i wish him all the best on whatever he decides to do next , Would love it if he comes back as our sporting director in case zubi decides to leave or even as a manager alongside Xavi , You will be missed Legend :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

inswinger, Dhajj and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Absolutely sad. His goal at the Bernabeu and kissing the captain's armband right there was incredible. People forget how skillful he was. That Torres goal vs Ukraine in 2006 was incredible. A Zidanesque roulette, then lays it off as if he is Laudrup. Goes on running to just outside the box where he gets the ball back and first time heads it into Torres' path. The guy played all 4 positions at the back, and was rugged yet remained a gentleman. An all time great. He will be missed.

inswinger, evil_allan, Dhajj and 2 others repped this.
  16. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as we are talking goals I'd like to add the CL hockey assist where he easily beats out Ronaldo for a header, gets it to Xavi, and runs into the box to put pressure on the defense allowing Xavi to lob it directly to Messi for the headed goal.

17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

inswinger and Dhajj repped this.
  18. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    anyone remember this ? :D

[​IMG]

unclesox and inswinger repped this.
  19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D Yes! Was that one of the Russian CL matches?

20. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good Puyi! Err... I mean good god!

Seriously, the number of cups this man has won looks more fantasy than truth and the more ridiculous thing about winning all this cups is that he really did win all these cups. (I know this made no sense)

os_mutante repped this.
  21. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

The most amazing block i have ever seen from him ( another one was at point blank at the goal line ) , insane reaction response :cool:

s7kru and evil_allan repped this.
  22. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Barcelona captain Carles Puyol (36), who already announced he will leave the club this year, has now also decided to retire [catalunyaradio]

:cry:

puyol and evil_allan repped this.
  24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i'd rather he retired at barca anyway. sigh.

puyol repped this.
  25. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's retiring it has to simply be because his body just can't handle it anymore.

Let's send him out on top. THERE's the motivation for the team.

puyol repped this.