Review: Caribbean Nations Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by 13370, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My sources are correct but unfortunatly can't have the other groups!

2. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks, the Dominican Republic group is the only one that coincides with a FIFA date so it will be interesting to see if any of these teams bring their overseas players.

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Missing teams ?

- Bermuda
    - Turks & Caicos Isl
    - Aruba
    - USVI
    - Sint Maarten
    - French Guyana

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have the Group B Winner playing in both Group E and Group G. One of those should be the Group D Winner instead.

6. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Last matches in the Jamaica group in the final tournament are played on 23.11, and then the semi-finals are played on 24.11 in Martinique? I'm not sure that's very fair. Teams in the Martinique group get 2 days to prepare, and don't have to move. I think the semi-finals should be on 25.11 and the 3rd place match on 27.11. Would make more sense.

7. Edgar

Edgar Member

Good catch. I didn't notice it. This mistake appears in the CFU official schedule received by the FAs.

8. Edgar

Edgar Member

All matches are played in Martinique - it's not like Jamaica is co-hosting.

Another mistake - the winners of the groups play against each other in the semifinals.

There you go... CFU at its best. :D

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    If it will be like the Club Championship and Women`s Championship expect withdrawals and reschedules from this original fixture !

10. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You're right - I got confused. Also, in Jamaica's Group, it should be winners of Group G, not Group C.

11. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks for this Edgar. When i tell you that CFU is not even able to inform us in time and hours, you think it's a a joke? Again thanks to Edgar and SVG and StMartin FA! But i still noticed two errors. First, in Group E, it's Guyana, Cuba, winner A and winner D, not winner B because the winner of group B will face Guadeloupe, Haïti and second place 2 in group G. Second, it's the semi-finals in the final round in Martinique. Correction is the winner of group 1 against the second of group 2 and winner of group 2 against the second of group 1.

12. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You made a mistake because all those matches will play in Martinique. Group 1 at Rivière-Pilote and group 2 at Dillon in Fort de France.

13. Edgar

Edgar Member

St. Martin FA just told me the opposite (i.e. Group B winner to group D). St. Martin play in Group B.

14. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  15. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Am hoping this DCC(caribbean Nations Cup) is the most eagerly contested , The semi finalists of this year's DCC(Caribbean Nations Cup) have a chance to Qualify for the 2013 Confederations Cup in Brazil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup

Note* Thanx edgar I always visited your site it is very informitive .

16. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick question for the guys from Guadeloupe here: how come they put the black-and-blue flag in the wiki articles and not this one (that I see more often at the Gold Cup games):

[​IMG]

Just wondering, because I don't know the difference between them.

17. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean Group B winner to Group E? Just to be sure.

18. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A-ah! Interesting question! The blue, black and yellow flag with a lily flower date colonial times. Yes, it's a flag 100% french! By cons the red, green and yellow flag with the star on the left is the independence party UPLG (Union Populaire pour la Libération de la Guadeloupe), otherwise said "Popular Union for Liberation of Guadeloupe". A flag recognized by CIA (Ah secret service!) and the rest of the world. For now it's an unofficial flag, the official one is the blue, white, red of France because our country is still governed by France. To tell you, the flag issue is a thorny problem in Guadeloupe also in Martinique, French Guyana and New Caledonia.

19. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So how come Martinique have their own flag (blue, white, with snakes) but the other regions do not?

20. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The case of Martinique is similar to that of Guadeloupe. The blue flag with snakes is also an unofficial flag. As for Guadeloupe, the official flag in Martinique is the blue, white, red of France. In any case, i'd be curious to see the reaction of world football's governing bodies if Guadeloupe and Martinique both would qualify for the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup!

21. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't think they would care that much to be honest. Now if one were to win the Gold Cup (very possible for Guadeloupe if they brought some of their eligible players from England and France) and qualified for the Confederations Cup, thats when things would get interesting I think. The Gold Cup isn't important enough for many of these players though, as not too many players actually care about the Confederations Cup.

22. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was already decided that Guadeloupe and Martinique (and the other departments of France playing in Concacaf, for that matter) can't play in the Confederations Cup. :confused: They play in the Gold Cup like Mexico does in the Copa America, as guests (in the eyes of FIFA) that can't "represent" the confederation should they win the trophy. Of course, perhaps if they were to win, there would be an international push for them to be allowed an exception, but I'm pretty sure that France (pretty much a matter of sovereignty) and Spain (given their problems with Gibraltar's bid to join FIFA) would be staunchly opposed to it.

23. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thats why I said thats when things would get interesting.

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Vamos boricuas!