Care package for Barra brother in Iraq

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Begbie, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chico

Brian has an Xbox that we sent him in his first month there so he can play DVD's.

Zdravei,
    Brian does smoke, but he can get cigarettes at the PX cheaper than you can buy them here so I would suggest spending the money on stuff he can't get or won't buy for himself.

See you guys tomorrow.

Pops United

There is only ONE United!!!

2. zdravei

zdravei New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    The Aisle of 136 RFK
    Who, his name is Brian too?

That's amazing o_O

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool, I think I have an extra "Chico's Highlights" DVD. Anyone else have some old movies or stuff could send those along too.

4. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Let's keep this thing rolling.
    I'm putting a bag of stuff together tonight.
    Don't forget that personel notes from Barra members are a nice low cost way to help our soldier too.

Go Big Red One: "NO MISSION TOO DIFFICULT, NO SACRIFICE TOO GREAT"
    "DUTY FIRST"

5. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked up boxes and tape free at JK Movers in Dulles, VA this morning. We have plenty to pack stuff in. Hilary and I will be getting there around noon. We will be in a white Jeep.

The personal notes and any game day photos, too!!

Brian called today. First we have heard from him in almost a month. They have been on major operations. This is the month of Ramadan so they insurgents are emboldened. His boys are kicking ass though. His battalion in the last two months has killed or captured ten of the most wanted. Their sector of Baghdad is now the most dangerous in the country. He is doing well though and looking forward to coming home for some DC United matches in October.

Thanks to all

See ya'll tomorrow. I'm bringing the watermelon.

6. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    You'll be at the game Wednesday right? For those of us planning to bring something to that game, it'd be great to know what you're low on. Did you get the wet naps? Enough protein bars? While I'm sure anything is appreciated, I'd love to know what you're in need of.

7. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Son of a Bitch!! One of my best friends was 1st 16th!! Damn!!

Anything I can do, count on it.

8. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Count it out. What can't he get over there? That way I'll know what to get him.

9. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To All,

Hilary and I want to thank for the good you brought for the Iraq care package. We got five boxes so far.

One if not both of us WILL be at the match on the 12th. So those who planned on bringing something--bring it!!!

Some items that are good are Smartfood, especially the cheddar popcorn, and sourdough pretzels (bags are best as they are lighter). They will get eaten fast.

Energy bars and energy drink mixes are appreciated. (Mixes because as they are lighter.)

You are also allowed to be creative.

Thanks for your support.

Pops United

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    To all that are reading this...

Please try to bring something along to this game on wed. or ANY game from now till Brian comes back safely home.

I think Pops was really happy with what we received but frankly I know the Barra Brava can do a hell of a lot better.

PLEASE try to stop by and visit Pops and do a little fcking good. If you are someone that enjoys the Barra and all we do, but you do not know how to cook or have the money to bring kegs etc. THIS (or doing something like donating to Duffmans Mom's campaign) are really nice INFORMAL ways of giving back to OUR community.

This isnt something where we donate to and the BB "elders" get to attend a banquet to receive thanks for. It is a grass roots effort to show love for our family that we/you have created.

If you forget to hit a grocery store, remember you can always donate a few bucks here or there to help with shipping costs. IF you don't have that... go sign a f-ing card. It doesnt take much it just takes something.

Vamos la Barra Brava :D

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we added it to email for Wednesday, Oscar has half hour left to send it out before I start pestering :D

12. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's officially time to start pestering....!!!!!!

13. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Lots of great stuff for Brian so far, let's add a few more boxes on Wednesday.
    I'm sure he will really get a boost from all the support.
    As stated above the Barra spirit is about giving what you can whether it's at the tailgate (food or whatever) or special cases like Brian's or Duff's mom.

I most likely will not be there due to work. Two games this year is new record for me.:mad: I'd like to add that I really hate this year's schedule.

Give them hell for me.

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

PUSSY!!!!!!!!! :D

15. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Thanks for your support. :D

16. Hillz4United

Hillz4United New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Hey all~

I'm trying to think of things other than food that you can bring....and I can't think of much.

He does have an XBOX....so if you all have any old XBOX games you can donate...or movies you can donate...he also loves music....so CD's or mixed CD's he would like. He likes all types of music.

I know these are more expensive.....so don't go out and buy anything....but if you have anything you can donate that would be great!!!!

Anything to help him keep his mind off shit while he has down time.

Pictures would be great too.....of the barra!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!! It means alot to my family and I. :D

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'll stop by record shop on way in :D

[​IMG]

18. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    what, you don't want to make him a copy? ;)

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I don't support pirating of great artists :D

20. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you shouldn't have a problem making a copy! :D

GM

21. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even on a weeknight the Barra comes through. We collected three more boxes of goodies to send to Brian in Iraq. Many more threw bucks in the box. Mr. Chang, the owner, even contributed. I plan on buying some of his favorite jerky online, Oberto's ships to APO's. Later this year for the holidays, we will order cheese, sausages, and crackers to send over care of the Barra.

Further, Chang asked for my card. The Club called today and has put together a package of DCU shirts, playing cards, magazines, etc that they are shipping out directly.

On top of that, Srdan bought a white jersey and had our last name put on it and Brian's old playing number (4) put on it and is collecting player signatures. Oscar said they will get all the players, coaches, and even the owners to sign. I told them lets give it to him when he is home on leave next month. Pray he gets the two weeks that cover the matches on the 13th and 20th. That's what Brian wants.

Hillz and I will continue to take anything you bring at the remaining matches.

There is only ONE Barra and there is only One United!!!

Thanks to all,

Pops

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Don't forget to tell me how much shipping is, we'll cover that too.

23. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will Do!! I'll let you know on the 26th.

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we got Emilio, Josh, Ben, Jay (who recognized me before I recognized him hehe), coach Simpson and several more so far, we'll get rest next week or I'll take it to Chicago with me and do it there (actually that sounds better than driving to RFK).

25. D.C. Beast

D.C. Beast New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    DC
    Can you get me those too.. :D :cool: :D