Cardiff City [R]

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
  2. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Another preview. This one from Manchester Online.

3. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Nice win on the road...

FT Oldham Athletic 1 - 2 Cardiff City
    21' Campell
    84' Earnshaw
    90' Duxbury

Oldham 1 Cardiff City 2

Oldham suffered defeat on the first day of the new season when they went down 2-1 to red-hot promotion favourites Cardiff City...

Manchester Online

Post-match analysis from City MAD

4. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks B!

Thanks Brian! I'm glad to see I didn't wear my Cardiff jersey in vain today!

Go bluebirds!

Tony

5. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Cheers for the Pictures BC. Unfortunaetly i cannot see myself (God that sounds vain). The team looked very comfortbale on the ball and were always in control of the game. We took a very good awat support around 3500 to 4000 crowd were Cardiff fans. However unfortunaetly we continued letting late goals still after last season surely the players should now know to stay focused until the very end. Leo Fortune West and Willie Boland were very impressive. Bluebirds!!!
    MJ

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Yeah, I heard 3,000+ travelled.

I hope I can highlights on Sky Sports tonight...

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Cardiff v Port Vale. Match preview

City were massive favourites for the league title before the Oldham game, after winning that and now facing two home games against what would be considered inferior opposition City face a testing few days...

Cardiff City MAD

COME ON CARDIFF!!!

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    2-0 Bluebirds in the 10th minute!!!!!

4' Thorne
    9' Fortune-West

Blue Army must be going nuts! :D
    COME ON CITY!

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Vale pull one back with Bridge-Wilkinson penalty in the 38th minute.

43'
    City 2-1 Vale

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    City 3-1 Vale

Legg makes it a two-goal lead in the 63rd!

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Cardiff get their second win

FT Cardiff City 3-1 Port Vale

12. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the portions of the web broadcast I heard were very good. Seemed like a decent enough performance by the bluebirds.

I didn't catch who was named Man of the Match?

Go bluebirds

Tony

13. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  14. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Lennie Confirms Leo Has A Future At Ninian Park

Cardiff City boss Lennie Lawrence has told his insecure striker, Leo Fortune-West that he still has a future at Ninian Park...

Bluebirds Online

15. funkidaniel2001

funkidaniel2001 New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    Swindon

Hope your looking forward to the dicking your gonna get on the 24th! we are on fire man!

We r top of the league, yes we r top of the league!

Dan ;)

16. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    After seeing both games I thought Swindon were the weakest team in the league. However after their start our players need to be at their best to get a result. Also here is the figures from live commentary of the offical site
    1.United Kingdom 1679
    2. United States 163
    3. Australia 48
    4. Spain 15
    5. Norway 9
    6. Canada 9
    7. Greece 9
    8. Sweden 8
    9. France 6
    10. Denmark 5
    11. Malaysia 4
    12. Belgium 4
    13. Poland 3
    14. Portugal 3
    15. Switzerland 2
    16. Singapore 2
    17. Slovak Republic 2
    18. Croatia 2
    19. Germany 2
    20. Hungary 2
    21.Argentina 2
    22.Japan 1
    23.Iceland 1
    24. Bolivia 1
    25.Brazil

17. funkidaniel2001

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    Dont really know whats going on at town. We have had a great start to the season. Lets hope in continues. It will be a great game against your lot this weekend. I think i will avoid town on saturday night thought. Lets hope both are teams good runs continue for a long time this season!

Dan

18. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Cardiff 1 Northampton 2
    Gabbadini
    Kavangh
    Gabbiadini

Cardiff started really slowly. The defense did not play well at all and looked as though they ahd never played together before on a 1/2 a dozen occasions made simple errors. As good as they are individually we still need Prior or Young in the middle to add experience and organisation. Northampton took the lead after the City defense allowed a pass to bounce up and Gabbiadini struck it beautifully from 35 yards and just dropped under the crossbar. If Alexander had stayed on his line then there would have been little chance of it getting in. Cardiff equalised soon after A ball went towards the keeper and Fortune West the keeper lost it by the edge of his box and Kavangh headed over the keeper and into the net. The first half paassed with not many clear chances.

In the 2nd half City didnt learn. and soon after the fantastic Andy Legg had a good chance blocked were Northampton 2-1 ahead. A shot was blocked by Gabbidon before another was cleared on the line by Weston. The ball went sailing 10feet in the air in that time 3 cardiff defenders and Alexander didnt think of jumping or trying to clear the ball. Which left Gabbiadin free to smash the ball home from close range. At that time there was a starnge feeling around Ninian Park and it wasnt the atmosphere usually at Ninian Park. Earnshaw and Prior came on and immediatly the defense looked better although not a favourite at NP he made the defense much stronger. Earnshaw maybe tried to hard and saw his usual run down the left leaving the ball to skid out for a free kick. The rest of Cardiffs chances came from out wide Legg and Kavangh both put some good crosses in however none were finished of City battled for the last 25 minutes however didnt have the imagination you would expect from such a hot tip to run away with promotion.
    Mom: Andy Legg

Att: 13,500 (give or take a few hundred)
    Next up for Caridiff is Swindon away. A team Cardiff beat comfortably last year. However Swindon are looking strong at the moment with 7 points. Fromt hewri first 3 games. A much harder game than City fans expected at the start of the year.

Matthew J match report

19. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Did Paul Harsley play?

20. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    A double strike from Marco Gabbiadini sent Cardiff floundering to defeat at Ninian Park...
    City MAD

City fans:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Bluebirds warming up...
    [​IMG]

Cardiff began the day with two wins from two, but fell to their first defeat of the season as Northampton broke their duck with a surprise 2-1 Ninian Park success. Poacher supreme Marco Gabbiadini did the damage with both goals, with Graham Kavanagh's goal sandwiched in between.
    SkySports

22. funkidaniel2001

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    ??

Was surprised by the result. I expected Cardiff to win. Lets hope we dont get the backlash on saturday! Or you might even get one from us? we had a good result away at blackpool. I mean they are no mugs. Is it towns season? to early to tell. We have plenty of time yet to mess up! Fingers crossed for me and you :)

Dan