PBP: Carabao cup final: Chelsea vs Manchester City

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Wrath, Feb 23, 2019.

1. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    #101 limpidrock, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Good effort today. Could see how badly the players wanted this. For once, Sarri's line up frustrated City instead of us.

What Kepa did was disgraceful, and shows a complete lack of respect not only for the manager, but for his team mate as well. The only way to end this is for Kepa to apologize, and to face disciplinary action from the club.

CreativeNik repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    fine Kepa a couple weeks but axe Sarri immediately, he is a joke without authority
    can you imagine Conti, or Big Sam or Sir Rednose, Klopp in same situation, they would have dragged him off themselves but unlikely a player would disrespect them so

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And that apology needs to be public and sincere. I get he is young and in a final but you have to obey the manager.

Also, luiz, as a senior player, needs to be dragging his arse off the pitch there and nothing else. Shows just how bad the player power is. We've seen it for years under a succession of managers but it's in the public eye now. Not that anything will change.

Sarri was the most affected of course but he point blank refused Zola too and left his closest team mate hanging. I would immediately drop him, fine him and give him a major bollocking on the side too.

CreativeNik, Wrath and JimWharton repped this.
  4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I guess I’m reacting to the resulting effort. A little dink like that and you’re at the mercy of the goalkeeper. If he guesses right, then you’re sunk. Honestly, same for Hazzard. You put some power behind it and at least you have some margin for error (Aguero). Luiz’s miss is more forgivable for me.

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    agree KDB and don't condone it in anyway, but aside I do wonder about the decision in the first place , before Kepa went mental,to undermine your #1 goalkeeper and show you don't trust him, and while you bollack him some care needs to be made not to alienate him forever

6. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Dave, as Captain, should have drug Kepa’s ass off the field. Luiz and Rudiger should have been right there beside him.

The rot is strong within the Club. The summer transfer window, if we can use it during our ban appeal, will make or break the club for a decade.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We're a mess. Obviously.

8. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never seen anything like that in all my years watching this sport. The audacity to show that much disrespect from the most expensive goalkeeper in the world really needs to have repercussions. I'm not saying his career at Chelsea should be over, but at least a few games on the bench or even being left out of the squad is absolutely necessary. Such a good performance from us shouldn't be overshadowed by this bullshit.

limpidrock and Blueallthru repped this.
  9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is absolutely no condoning what Kepa did. He told the gaffer to ******** off. He told the top assistant to ******** off. Worst in all of this, he told Cabellero to ******** off.

Regardless of what you thought or think of Sarri this is totally a ********ing debacle of epic proportions and 100% unnecessary. It takes away from a bunch of positives. We were drastically the better side. Now this is what we'll talk about. Also, this negatively affects who comes in. Not sure many are going to walk into this mess after watching that display.

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Totally behind Sarri after today. Got his tactics spot on. Disgraceful from Kepa.

limpidrock repped this.
  11. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Was he really saying he didn’t trust him? If you’re injured (and who knows how injured he was, but the last guy to trust on that assessment is the player), then you’re hurting the team by staying on. Seems like Kepa turned out to be fine, but in the moment the sub made sense.

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri post match said it was a misunderstanding. The doctor didn't turn up for four minutes he was annoyed with his staff as to where the fcucking doctor was. Which is why he walked off he went looking for him .. .apparently. He was annoyed at the incompetence of his staff.

Good answer, do we believe it?

limpidrock repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd ********ing walk out if I were him. Dave said he didn't know what was going on. Rüdiger consoling Sarri. Luiz doesn't usher him off. On and on and on blames goes around. Some of the blame is on Sarri too. If the plan was always to play Cabellero in pens because he's good then that should have been the plan and communicated days ago. We have no leaders and will once again be without a manager. Rinse & repeat.

15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's a man who knows he has nothing.

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kepa was 100% enabled in this cluster by the player power rife in the club. He is a symptom more than the cause.

He needs a strong message certainly but I wouldn't get rid if him because it does nothing to address the root cause which is the overly enabled dressing room.

Sarri has been dead man walking for weeks and even in the midst of a positive display it was still one that relied on stifling the opposition and eden to create chances on his own repeatedly at the other end. Not exactly a strong testament to what we are capable of on the pitch.

So many changes needed at the club, let's hope that we do get this one window back to clean house and start again. One of the main constants was that we were set at GK for years, but even that has been made a question mark now.

My hope is that despite today the message is received and understood and we can move forward with him and a few of the young guns whilst sweeping away the dead and dying wood.

My one regret here is that it wasn't willian refusing to come off. The utter meltdown in the wagnh comments section (rife with the biggest pricks to ever claim to be chelsea fans I have ever seen) would have been glorious.

limpidrock repped this.
  17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah yes, the old blame the club doctor routine. Because that worked out so well the last time.....

Dtrip77 and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  18. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    WTH

19. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Aside from all that, I thought that our line up in extra time looked like our strongest XI with the exception of a Kante-Jorginho swap

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Getting rid of Kepa is ludicrous but it just shows how absolutely bullocks this club is. We don't have a leader and that seems to be the problem. Dave showed nothing. Luiz showed nothing. That is what hurts most for me. They just let it go.

CreativeNik repped this.
  21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. Sums up one of the biggest issues.

Imagine JT, frank,Didier, Ashley, etc not dragging him off the pitch? No chance.

Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah it just oozes no control from anyone. My guess is what is being said is mostly true. Kepa wasn't hurt and that is where the miscommunication was. If the plan was for Willy to come on for pens that should have been discussed before hand. Regardless, the whole ********in thing is a very ugly look for a club with a bunch of ugly blemishes and one that gets an unfair amount of criticism from the media who will and are piling it on.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think we need Kante to be the screener. He's adapting to his role just fine. What we need is another mid (RLC) who is forward thinking and can execute that. To me, outside of Luiz, that 11 that ended is our best 11.

25. Hamdi Rami

Hamdi Rami New Member

Chelsea
    Brazil
    Feb 24, 2019
    I support Chelsea

Latest Chelsea News, Videos , Match reports and Live Stream