Car Salesmen (and saleswomen)

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Captain Splarg, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, this is also some shamless promotion for myself, but I thought this would be a decent thread to have around...

I sell cars in Central California (Seaside), and it would be nice if I had more people to sell to. I'd like to think that people would prefer to buy from a salesperson they could trust and one who has similar interests.

The place where I work at has a good deal of used cars. The main type of car I sell are new Honda's as I work at a Honda dealership. We also have a Subaru/Mazda store and a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury on as well. I can sell off of any of these lots and help you to make sure you get a decent price on a car.

If any of you would like to maybe come in an have a look at the inventory, that would be great - please PM me.

Also, My parents live in New Jersey (Chatham), and they are looking for a new car - possibly an SUV. If there are any car salesmen around that area, could you post or PM me where you are, and I could send them your way.

Auto mod - feel free to delete this if you think it is spam, because it kind of is. I hope that it'll also help some people too though (and not just me).

2. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Car salesman are scum of the earth. Maybe you can help change that image, but I doubt it.

Harshness aside, I've found that the quality of character displayed by salesmen varies greatly depending on the dealership. In other words, nothing but scumbags work at, say uh, Jay Chevrolet on Highland Road in Highland Township, Michigan because the owner is the epitome of a douchebag. But then go to Shuman Chrysler on Commerce Road in Walled Lake, Michigan and find nothing but quality people working there because the owner has been a pillar of the community for over forty years.

3. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I've sold cars too. Feel free to comment on my thread: Buying a car in the USA. jeje...I think I just cost you some business....;)

4. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking at cars now. It must really piss you guys off when somebody comes in and says "I want the cheapest car on the lot".

5. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    buy a car from Splargy!

Splarg, it's not that far from Chatham, so tell your parents to stay away from Denville BMW. My father got a 325xi from them and the place turned out to be a complete joke.

edit: silly me, this thread is a month old.

6. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm glad at least someone posted.

Also, could someone please buy a car from me?

:)

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still waiting for someone on BigSoccer to buy a car from me :) ;)

8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    do you get many unhappy customers with rx-8's?