Capital One Cards

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by ZeekLTK, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    *Hope this is in the right section, wasn't really sure but it says "Finance"... ?? If not, feel free to move it.

---------------------

My credit card is about to expire so I was thinking about getting a new one, and possibly one of the Capital One cards where they claim you can rack up mileage using them.

But I was wondering... how many miles do you need to have in order to redeem stuff off of these cards? I can't really find any info about that. The only info on their site(s) seem to be just "get X miles per dollar, and XX,000 miles for signing up"... okay great, but how many miles do I need to book a flight?

Also, how does the mileage work? Do you pick your frequent flier program to add the miles to (I have Delta's Sky Miles) or is it separate from that?

Anyone have one of these cards? Can anyone answer some of these questions? And do you think the card is worth it, or would you recommend looking elsewhere?

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    To use mileage you book a flight and then go online and redeem your miles towards the flight already purchased on your card. Last time I used miles, they had "bands" so if you spent $200 on a ticket you were in the $150-$300 band, and it cost you 30,000 miles