Cap Allen Hopkins!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BenfromUSA, Aug 31, 2007.

1. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Someone asked Jack a few years after the '02 World Cup, and he said that he meant to say "pummeling" but it came out wrong in the heat of the moment.

If ESPN brough back Jack Edwards for 2010, I just might go outside and do a Torpedo Header out of sheer excitment.
    :cool:

2. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm missing a joke here

3. Nolan

Nolan Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friedel's a bloke from jolly, uh, Ohio. But you'd never know with his accent.

4. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland
    I liked the good old days with Ty. wynalda is bad... beyond bad, DOB isn't any good, Rob Stone is ok. I'm a fan of people like Ty keough, Tommy Smyth(with a Y;)) and Max bretos. Now he is doing WWE:rolleyes:

5. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i'd take any of the espn guys over max bretos.

6. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    "YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS"

7. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring Back JacKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

8. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bretos bugs me, but I do like Chris Sullivan alot. FSC needs better hair and makeup people though. He always looks like he's on the bad end of a 3-day coke bender.

9. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    I was just watching my dvd of the USA vs Portugul WC game. When USA score the second goal by Landycakes I just busted up laughing after Jack Edwards yells out "shock the world!". That was so funny. But he really is fun to listen too, and plus I like his enthusiasm and love for the USMNT.

10. KingJames

KingJames Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    wasn't Hopkins cast as Michael Jordan in the early '90s? (In an SI story in like 1993, they photoshopped Jordan's face on to athletes from a bunch of different sports, I was pretty young but I seem to remember hockey, football and of course soccer and based on his number my team decided it was Hopkins, I think, who they used as the soccer Jordan body).

lol at the '93 US game in AZ, my dad, I think, maybe it was me, I was pretty young, said "look it's Michael Jordan" one time when he had the ball and the people in the section not on our team gave us wierd looks like we were PHX early 90s racists

11. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Born and raise in the USA.....OK....otherwise no way.....:rolleyes:

12. Daniele Di Pussi

Sep 12, 2007
    Flailio-On-Groundi
    Has anyone noticed that the camera started focusing specifically on his head as he spoke because his hands are straight hip-hop while he be gettin' his commentatin' on?