Pre-match: Can't believe it took this long for this thread, the 2024 Presidential election thread!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by ceezmad, Nov 7, 2020.

?

Who will be the 2 Candidates for the 2 big parties in 2024

1. Joe Biden

34 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. Kamala Harris

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Bernie Sanders

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Ted Cruz

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Donald Trump (from prison)

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  6. One of the Trump idiots

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. A Never Trump Republican

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. The dude from Florida (not florida man)

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. A Trumpian Republican

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  10. Hail Grimes!

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    They'd probably say they were never really against Russia but just against the USSR. I can't figure the twist of their notochords they'll use to justify their change on Israel.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, it did start from the hard left, especially online and in places like Brooklyn, SF (Which has a lot of those tropes in city government), and Ann Arbor. Throw in that genocide has been wildly misinterpreted by American leftists along with the concept of colonialism (Also wildly misinterpreted) and here we are. I mentioned before, even AOC is being accosted by pro-Palestine supporters (There is a chance it could be a rat********) and she's as sympathetic as it gets to the Palestine cause.

Lot of people don't understand that anti-Israel rhetoric can subtly and quickly lead to antisemitism. To put it this way, you may not see your significant other kissing each other, but they definitely have their hand on their inner thigh and are being flirty with each other. And as I've said, the right advertises their bigotry in neon lights. The hard left's is more nudge nudge know what I mean, and when it's called out, the defense is, "I'm criticizing Israel!"

Of course, the hard left won't do anything to support Biden or the Dems, their protest plans are straight out of the Underpants Gnomes of thought. (They protested a goddamn Starbucks in Ann Arbor, what are they hoping to achieve?). A woman just got arrested for making threats at a city council meeting regarding Palestine*, they're all being asses everywhere.

*: I've been seeing debates about whether or not arresting her was a bad thing. Do people forget the last four years? Or that a governor was nearly kidnapped?

Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Biden is in town and is going to visit his childhood home and pick up a hoagie for the road from a neighborhood sandwich shop. As a result of road closures and parking restrictions, my classes have been moved online.

As a result, I will be voting for Trump this November!

charlie15, rslfanboy, Kazuma and 3 others repped this.
  4. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    yes. there was a lot of analysis about this when steve bannon was influential in the white house in 2017

alliances between russia us and israel was never likely to work in the first place to any one who understands geopolitics but that is the alignment trump and bibi pursued.

remember trump is likely not against genocide in gaza. he probably thinks it’s great.

but he is a very stupid and dangerous bedfellow

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't know why you think Israel and Russia are poor bedfellows. I think they are perfect for each other. Throw in Turkey, Hungary, and India and you have a nice little ethno-nationalist axis. The only question is whether the USA wants in or not.

superdave, Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And you know who else is voting for Trump? The people walking up and down the street yelling "Genocide Joe Has Got to Go!"

7. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    That anyone thinks that Trump cares about anything but himself and what is good for him at that immediate moment is just so blaringly stupid. He is only propped up by bootlickers and billionaires who, because they think they are so smart and amazing, they think they can control him and the masses.

No.

These idiots are like that Russian guy who raised a bear, and then it ate him a couple of years later. The moral of the story is: DONT FEED THE F********ING BEAR!!!!

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Quoted for emphasis.

He is a pathological narcissist. There's no nuance or exceptions needed to explain his behavior.

Deadtigers, Q*bert Jones III and xtomx repped this.
  10. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    To me the most important point is that Trump is going around agreeing that Biden is complicit in genocide in gaza. But as usual, it will be handwaved.

I'm sure Trump isn't a supporter of Hamas - he's just always been very strong on justice for Palestine

xtomx and Deadtigers repped this.
  11. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Because there needs to be alignment of interest. Israel wants to start a war with Iran. Iran is Russia's ally and client. So the two nations are more likely to be in conflict.

I agree the ethno-nationalism is what drives this idea of alliance between US and Russia - but their national interests are in conflict

12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's just amusing that there is such a freakout about activist nobodies but then the actual former president and possible next president says it and there is crickets

As Bill Kristol noted, its simply crazy that Trump effectively said Israel was doing genocide and Biden was helping. Where are Israel's media attack dogs on this?

Sounders78 and Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I won’t participate in these elections. The candidates are not interesting at all. I don’t see the elements of serious capacity.
    Few areas of USA are pleasant for life: East Coast and West Coast. Not all parts, of course. Other parts are very weird and without any infrastructure. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama…and other similar states. Very strange people. It’s better to stay at home.

14. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No infrastructure? What a strange take. There is a lot to dislike about Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, but they definitely have roads, buildings, parks, etc. Have you been to any of these states?

15. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the last week, Josh has written a piece about how Trump benefits from a reality distortion field…everyone in his orbit starts acting stupid. It’s a theme he identified a while back and has come back to more recently.

This is an example…the media still doesn’t know how to report out crazy shit Trump says. It’s been 9 years.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some red states even have better roads than blue states.

Hayaka repped this.
  17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    As an experiment i posted it in the Israel thread and no one commented on it

Amazing

rslfanboy repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brasilian, yes? Do you have any experience with the military dictatorship there, directly or by proxy?

xtomx and charlie15 repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I’m like. . . Who is Hayaka talking to?

Ah. “IGNORED CONTENT” is in the building.

dapip, superdave, rslfanboy and 5 others repped this.
  20. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Brazil did win more world cups when they were under a dictatorship. I guess there are lessons to be learned.

dapip, bigredfutbol, charlie15 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The only way the USA wins a World Cup in our lifetime depends upon our vote in November.

22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    can’t wait for the US Soccer to unveil their Trump2024 badge for the USMNT jersey

23. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    But our national league will still be shit because all of our best players will be in Europe.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    NRAmar probably already has the tat

Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Trump has 40+ years of favorable media coverage, a good chunk of it based in the 80s and the 00s (Something I hammer on about people being stuck in the past). I don't think you understand how prominent he was in the 2000s with that stupid show of his. I mean, I learned of the guy through Spider-Man comics of all things!

As for the activist nobodies (Such creatures exist and deserve attention, unlike the unicorn) when they're doing things like showing up to Starbucks for some reason (What on Earth does it have to do with Gaza, I don't know), hijacking a private get together thrown by college deans (Complete with a poster that was not a good look) threatening several city council members (Incredibly dumb given the last four years, especially with what nearly happened to Whitmer and January 6), and then doing things like following AOC claiming she isn't pro-Palestine enough (When she's as pro-Palestine as it gets), complete with volume they have, well then one shouldn't be surprised that they will get attention they've been getting.

Thing is, people don't like crazy. Which is something the GOP will have to relearn at one point, and it's something leftists/activist nobodies have never learned in I don't think any of this board's lifetime. Nobody likes the person screaming conspiracies about fluoride taking over our precious bodily fluids. And nobody likes the person parroting obscure academic theories over any political discussion. It's offputting.