Canero

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by NYCONEONTA, Apr 16, 2006.

1. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    Why did we waste an international slot on this guy? Couldn't we have found anyone better??? How do others feel about this guy?( i know he and mo are both scottish) we could have found an american out of college better than canero and it would have been cheaper!

2. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did we send Serioux packing and keep this guy??? he is a poor mans seth Stammler except he wastes an SI slot and also makes more. Mo is a veryu poor judge of talent from what have seen.. This is SGR II all over again.

3. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Canero's performance is the least of our problems

4. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    It must be our curse continuing. Anyone catch the LA v Chivas game. Razov scores a goal. Reagan has a very solid game as central D and for LA Cornell Glenn scores 2. Everyone seems to pick up thier game after they leave.

5. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Regan became consistantly solid for us for most of last season. And I'm pretty sure that when Glen was here, he always was a streak player. With Razov, he wasn't fully healthy when he was here. He's supposedly fully fit now so I guess that explains that. That looked like just impatience from us...

If things continue the way they do now with Canero, I wouldn't mind seeing Canero and Lisi for Peguero and Terry Cooke.

6. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Because. they act in mysterious way ......

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Bono would agree.

8. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but its alright. It's alright.

Its alright.

9. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Canero must be pissed he can't get in ahead of an 18 yr old who's never played pro before. After all his experience with Leicester and in the highly competitive SPL and all.

Does he look that bad?

10. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .Yes.

11. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he has the skills or speed to play in the MLS.

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It's a long tradition that I thought stopped with Clint Mathis. I was wrong. He is the exception that proves the rule.

13. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Straight to the point - thanks.

Highly disappointing from Canero. He was a v. highly regarded full back in his youth, which is hardly that long ago.

Ask Placid Casual about his Leicester days, but until they changed managers it's my impression he did ok there too. Probably just underestimated the league, undertrained and was rewarded with a bench place.

14. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    What's dissapointing about this, is Mo saw him as training really well (remember the quotes that he may be ahead of Wynne, etc) during the preseason, yet Serioux was seen as a 'Problem' with his training (perhaps it was Lalas as he was prepping his AEG getaway car).

Obviously as seen thus far is either Mo is a complete idiot or he was just trying to push Wynne.

15. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    Fixed.

Just goes to show how many average hacks can make a living in Europe.

Yes, there are a lot over there. More than you can imagine making a living.

16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Just seeing what people think of Canero.

Canero was crap at Leicester. Had a Billy Big Time attitude that he hadn't earnt yet, we signed him when we were in the Premiership. IIRC he got injured and then couldnt(wouldn't?) get fit, when he was fit Adams had left and Levein didn't want to play him. There were rumours of a bust up with management - certainly a possibility as Levein came down from Scotland and a drinking problem(allegedly). To be blunt, we weren't sad to see him go. He started 8 games in 18 months. His contract was cancelled by mutual consent - which usually isnt a good sign.

Not much else to add - Sometimes players just dont fit in at a club. He certainly came to Leicester with a good reputation in Scotland but it never happened for him. Certainly didn't help that we were in disarray when he signed, with an old squad and heading for relegation.

Good luck with him.

Heres some more background

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8773&hl=peter canero&st=0