Candidates for 2023 WWC

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by toad455, Mar 21, 2015.

1. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I personally would like to see a WC played in SA. Preferably in Brazil sicne they have some empty stadiums they can use for more than bus depots. If it has to be Asia Im for Japan.

3. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Japan seems all but set for 2023. Maybe Brazil for 2027?? Then return to Europe in 2031(Sweden? England?)

4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tokyo 2020 Olympics and then WWC in 2023: perfect couple. What's not to love? :)

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I still remember 2002 when we watched the games in the biology classroom at 1.00 pm noon. That was the shittiest WC Ive witnessed so far.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it's anyway better than Canada 2015 matches... Most of them will be in the middle of the night for European fans. For instance, I'll have to stay up from 3:00 am on, if I'll want to watch Japan-Switzerland. o_O

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well you're a European Japan fan. A European Germany fan can watch the games in Canada primetime. And still if they were at night you could watch them and then go later to work while you can hardly put the game on while at work.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It depends on what kind of job you have. A teacher can't really be late at work in the morning... ;)

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So if the WC takes place you have the Americas in the middle of the night and in Europe+Africa it is lunch time. Not the best time spot to promote the women's game. Apart from that... why not Japan?

11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That was because it was two MWC bids smashed together as one at the last minute. Japan has been prepping for a WWC for a while.

blissett repped this.
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 ceezmad, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    The 2023 WC is part of their great soccer plan in Australia.

somewhere in this doc.

http://www.wholeoffootballplan.com.au/pdfs/Whole_of_Football_Plan.pdf

13. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Asia (AFC) hasn't had this tournament since 2007.
    Since then, UEFA (2011), CONCACAF (2015), and UEFA (2019) are/were hosting.

-Japan (AFC) will get it in 2023 (Australia will have to wait until at least 2035 probably, and possibly 2039).
    -Maybe a CAF (South Africa) or CONMEBOL (Brazil) gets it in 2027, with USA as a dark-horse (fallback) choice.
    -USA would then be in prime position to bid for 2031 (since CONCACAF wouldn't have hosted it since 2015).
    -UEFA (England?) would then be in line to host in 2035, since UEFA wouldn't have hosted since 2019.
    -It's possible Australia would have to wait until 2039.

thegamesthatrate repped this.
  14. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    I think Australia's nearest bet to host would be in 2031. I see Japan hosting in 2023, Brazil in 2027, then Australia in 2031. The USA will host again in 2035 followed by UEFA in 2039.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think UEFA should host every 2 tournaments. The infrastructure, the performance, the development of women's footy speak for itself. Next possible hosts: England, Sweden+Norway, Spain.

16. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    AFC 2023 and 2031 prety sure that will not happen.
    and 20 years between UEFA's turns not very likely either.

17. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
    #17 TsovLoj, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    South Africa's World Cup infrastructure will be almost 20 years old then. I don't think the CAF is going to be a good option in the 20s and 30s. I suspect we'll see it bounce between the AFC and UEFA for a while, maybe with New Zealand thrown in. I think you could sell a New Zealand-Australia 2027 joint bid as a follow up to Japan 2023, because you could spin it as the only way to get an OFC bid workable.

Auckland's three time zones east of Tokyo, so you could probably have games at different times, too, if you wanted to avoid screwing the same people time zone wise two cups in a row. And depending on how spread out the venues are across the two countries, assuming they just assign the big teams to groups like they did this time, they could probably optimize the time zone issue to a degree; Perth's four hours west of Auckland.

18. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia interested in hosting 2023 WWC:

jnielsen repped this.
  19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That'd be cool! Colombia recently hosted the 2015 Copa Libertadores Femenina, the first one hosted outside of Brazil. (Surprisingly, Colombia's three-time CLF semifinalist (which is better than all but three other teams) Formas Intimas failed to make the semis in 2015.)

20. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    The list is getting long. We now have

1. Japan
    2. Australia
    3. Brazil
    4. Thailand
    5. Colombia

But let's remember, the 2019 list was long at one point, too. Having France, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden, England & New Zealand all interested at one point.

21. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we're planning on going to France in 2019, and since we've been looking for a reason to go to Australia, I think I'll give my vote to them.

22. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    It'll likely be either Japan or Australia. Five of the last six have been in either Europe(Germany, France) or North America(USA[2x], Canada). Outside of China in 2007, it's been held in the same region. I think FIFA gives the 2023 WWC to a AFC member. Maybe the 2027 WWC can then go to Brazil or Colombia.

jnielsen and blissett repped this.
  23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if Brazil stays in the picture, what with all the political+economic turmoil they're in at the moment. The prosperity that fueled the 2014 MWC and 2016 Oly bids is long gone. Not to mention there's talk that they're going to end the residency program - which, while probably expected considering it was meant with the end goal of Olympic gold and nothing beyond that, could be a sign of losing interest in the WoSo program (or could be a sign of moving that money elsewhere in WoSo, but I'm not sure residency money would support a WWC bid).

Hexa, TsovLoj and gricio61 repped this.
  24. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    C'mon North Pole.
    Get a real stadium, and let's do this.

Women's Ice Cup on a real surface

(who needs grass, when you can have ice)

"And she's sliding toward the goal, she attempts to shoot, oh shizzit, she just fell flat on her ---"

Can't believe we've gotta wait another 50 years.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France