Canaries in a coal mine - the other teams thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carry on....

2. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
  3. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FA cup weekend almost feels like an interlull :)

4. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    Lazio insist player is 17 years old, not 41
    That would probably be a new record for the difference between the actual and reported age of a player.

5. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
  6. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Bizarre. His face looks matured but his body looks like there's still some growth to go. Better to ask the players momma for the truth.

Edit: Just read the player is an orphan. Never meant anything with the momma comment.

7. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is hilarious.

8. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    X-ray his hands.

9. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Honestly, what advantage would it be if he were 41?

RitztotheRubble repped this.
  10. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly! It would most definitely rule him out of playing at the top level! lol

11. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insert mandatory Freddy Adu joke here.

Darth Norteño repped this.
  12. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Kanu

Romfordray repped this.
  13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    I think the problem was he was (is?) playing for Lazio's youth squad.

14. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
  15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho is such a dickhead. He knows nothing about building a stadium or keeping a team at the top level despite huge budget constraints. All he knows is: come in, spend bucketloads, win something, ******** off somewhere else.

red & wite army and Dhajj repped this.
  17. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    #17 XaviandXabi, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Hazard would be at Arsenal, along with Draxler and a better DM than Arteta. But this is reality and Mourinho has started the Head Games.

18. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Not sayin that Jose hasn't had a billion (literally) more to spend than Wenger, not saying that Jose knows anything about building a squad, but it felt a little like the best looking guy in the room laughing at your efforts to talk to a girl while women are falling over themselves to get at him.

19. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mourinho is a ********, end of story. He is a billionaire's spoiled brat son who criticizes people for not working hard enough to attain what he has.

20. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Mou is right though. Wenger is excuse less for not winning.How can you not even win a carling cup vs Birmingham or an fa cup. You wanna talk budgets yet a team like BVB rose to get to a final of UEFA. Mourinho is arrogant but I can't defend wenger here when the facts are against him.

total_football repped this.
  21. LAgooner05

LAgooner05 Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with everyone in that we are not the biggest Mourinho fans. Many of us reserve some hate towards him because he started Chelsea's transformation as a big club at our disposal. On top of that, the guy knows how to find ******** us in the prep, so yes, the guy is a douche. Ever since his arrival in the EPL, Wenger has been incapable of beating this guy, and deep down that infuriates me.

I understand the excuse of Mourinho having hundreds of millions of £'s at his disposal, but we are not far behind anymore. We could've used that excuse from the day the Emirates funding began to maybe 3 seasons ago, but not anymore. The reality is the club has had 3 summers to spend decent chunks of money for a few quality players, but someone doesn't pull the trigger. There has been many chances to buy a few £25-£30 mil players, but the club has gone the value route and bought a hand full of £10 mil players. Sometimes it's not even about the money, but rather Wenger is adamant to not block so and so's development. The man promotes complacency and seems to assure these kids that their place in the future is guaranteed. Recently it seems like the only fight a 1st teamer has is vs the physio table. I have so much faith in Wenger, but that faith has been tested far too much these past 8 yrs. I'm not saying i want him fired, but there has to be a change where someone is accountable for lack of signings when the money is there to be spent.

22. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mourinho is a huge troll, but he has got some points. If we want to be counted and respected as title contenders every season, we need ACT like one. Sure, we don't need to spend 100ms of euros every transfer window but instead of focussing on signing The Next Talent, Wenger should buy the players that would truly strengthen the squad and make our chances to win the title bigger. You can't win the title by only signing Sanogo. Or Kim Kallström.

23. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And probably Ribery and Mata for that matter. I STILL can't believe Ribery went to Bayern for 17 million in a year they didn't qualify for the Champions League. That has to rank among the greatest transfer f*** ups of all time.

24. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The title will most likely be decided by injuries - not this trolling

Arsenal have two of their most important players out.

City have been slowed by the loss of 3 key guys

If Chelsea were to lose the likes of Hazard for the season - then suddenly its their squad that looks thin having sold Mata

DutchCane and red & wite army repped this.
  25. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States