Canadian NASL Attendance for 2015

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Kingston, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    First the bad news. Edmonton's average dropped from 3385 last season to 3122 this season. (This excludes the two poorly attended games they played in Fort McMurray. If these are included, the average is 2889.) This breaks a trend of steadily increasing numbers for the Eddies. I have no special sources but I have seen questions posted about the long term viability of this club.

On the good new front, Ottawa averaged 5164. This represents an improvement over their inaugural season's average of 4492. Some care must be taken in comparing the numbers, however. Last year's spring season (average 2684) was played at Keith Harris Stadium at Carleton. Last year's fall season (average 5496) was played at TD Place but benefitted from a crowd of 14 593 for the first game ever at the brand new venue. Without that game last season's fall average was 4359.

Ottawa's average attendance of 5164 for this year does not include the 9346 they drew for their home playoff date.

I'm especially happy with Ottawa's average as it is above the 5000 threshold which seems to be the magic number for long term viability of D2 soccer in Canada and the US.

fuzzx repped this.
  2. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Good news indeed.

I remember reading Fath mentioning he would need 7k+ to start to see profitability. Hopefully the new Jumbotron will bring more people.