Canadian Great Retires

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Dec 4, 2003.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey guys-

i thought i would be appropriate to start a new thread about this, as i did not want to bury it in the team canada thread.

i got word today that silvana burtini has officially retired. she made the decision after WWC.

(for those curious about her injury she suffered during WWC ... silvana had surgery after returning home from the WC ... she tore her meniscus and damged the bone surface somewhere. she's currently on crutches [has been for 4 weeks] and has two more weeks to go on them.)

so sad to see her go!!! she's done sooooooooo much for the team canada and canadian women's soccer in general, and much props to her. in my mind, she's one of the greats in the game.

if any of you have messages of 'thanks' for silvana for her amazing career or just messages for her, please either post them here or email them to me (elaine@gobigred.ca) and i will collect them all and pass along to her.

thanks!

elaine

2. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Yes, Elaine, she has been one of the greats for the team. It's sad when a player has to retire especially a great one.