News: Canadian Federal Election 2021

Discussion in 'Elections' started by crazypete13, Aug 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Trudeau has gone to the Governor General to dissolve parliament and call an election for Monday Sept 20, 2021

https://www.elections.ca/home.aspx

As is typical of most minority governments in Canada we get a roughly two year run while the parties rebuild their war chests, as usual we get our typical 30+ day sprint of an election.

One could question the wisdom of calling an election as the 4th wave of the pandemic is rising - but this is pretty typical (or cynical) for our governments of late on the timing.

I'll try to add platform details here as they are released.

@SamScouse @JamesA

2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I'd cum on myself if our (American) political campaigns lasted only a month.

Chesco United, rslfanboy and crazypete13 repped this.
  3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hard as a rock for a good Canadian general election.

crazypete13 repped this.
  4. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC

Election, not Erection - jeez.

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got fams in BC now (plus, I just like the word "riding"), so I'll be watching the thread. Especially Singh. I would assume I'd be (abroadly) behind him.

Chesco United and crazypete13 repped this.
  6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but only Canadian general elections really mix the tedious and the humdrum in the perfect balance.

7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    cynical? Trudeau? my, the world will be astonished. :)

you know, when I heard the election confirmed, my first thought was - screw it, I'm not gonna vote. I've never thought that before in my life.

but I will vote ... sigh ....if for no other reason to avoid the NDP or O'Toole getting in.

not that I'm a big Lib fan, by any means. but it always seems to me that when we get a crappy government in power, and an election is called, it's when the opposition offerings (policies or people) are - to me - non-starters.

crazypete13 repped this.
  8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I guess you really don’t care much, huh? That’s at least a weekly occurrence for most Americans with a penis.

9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears I'm an NDP member who also supports the Greens quite a bit.

xtomx and crazypete13 repped this.
  11. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I’m basically the centre of the top left quadrant, though I’ve voted Green (under Harper and when $2 a vote era was in place), Liberal (legal weed baby) and NDP most recently.

American Brummie repped this.
  12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm a Jack Layton NDP member. I don't think the latest leaders have got the same ability to unite all the wings of the Left (hence Green and Liberal wins)

Chesco United repped this.
  13. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lost my results, but I leaned Green and NDP (70ish %) with Liberal trailing a bit. I've liked Trudeau mostly, but it may be time for some fresh blood. Singh isn't perfect, but I think he's an option. I have no problem with Greens either, but down here, they are unviable, and up there, they don't seem to make too big a dent, either.

crazypete13 repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you're right about the Greens, they have zero hope of doing anything in this election.

15. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #15 Gilbertsson, Aug 21, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    I am following Canadian Federal Elections deeply. It affects me directly through economy, entrepreneurship, social status, medical care, further education.
    Hoping to see the victory of candidate with the strongest character, excellent academic and human virtues. I place my strong hopes in Erin O'Toole.:) He understands politics. Politics isn't just some random occupation in his heart. It's his life call, call for Canada.
    Excellent and honourable military career. He could be the carrier of general safety on borders, in highly urban areas and among people.
    He holds corporative wisdom, with excellent 360 degree of care in sense of diligence and effective efforts to provide high revenues. He is the perfect representative of Canada and the Canadian feelings integrated in family environment, traditional values and high expectations in his own attempts.
    Leader, profound speaker, friendly and warm nature, authentic statesman and perfect representative. My entire faith is in him.:) So far, Canada went firmly in wrong direction. We all distanced ourselves from authentic Canada. What Canada was and what might become? We, as citizens deserve much more. New era of clear guidance and clear impact in these geopolitical turbulences.
    My family members, relatives, will vote for him. At least 40 votes from my own 2 family clans. People from Toronto, Vancouver, Norval, Mississauga. Not bad.:)

16. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Marijuana is the most commonly used addictive drug.:eek:
    When a person smokes marijuana, THC quickly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream. The blood carries the chemical to the brain and other organs throughout the body. The body absorbs THC more slowly when the person eats or drinks it. In that case, they generally feel the effects after 30 minutes to 1 hour.

• altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
    • changes in mood
    • impaired body movement
    • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
    • impaired memory
    • impaired memory
    • delusions (when taken in high doses)
    • psychosis (risk is highest with regular use of high potency marijuana)
    Interesting consequences. It seems that addicts always run from someone. They escape from dark shades of family relations, social turbulences. Weed is only one imaginary shelter against fear, demanding life, obstacles with other people, generic production of low faith in their own personality.

I hope that you are OK. These impacts worry me a lot. Do you want something to forget? So, alternative impressions, images, reflections look better.:oops:

Do you have psychosis? Do you notice issues? Certain declines?

17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Your selective editing is incredibly disingenuous.
    "Marijuana is the most commonly used addictive drug after tobacco and alcohol"
    You might have wanted to include that last part.

Also, there have dozens of studies that say marijuana is not addictive, at least not when compared to tobacco and alcohol.

Is it 1936? Have you been watching "Reefer Madness" on a loop again?!?

(I say this as a non-marijuana user, but your post was just so adorable).

crazypete13 and SamScouse repped this.
  18. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    It's been rumored that Director Grimes became a dual US/Canadian citizen....now's your chance! :thumbsup:

HAIL GRIMES!!!

crazypete13 and Chesco United repped this.
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LOL. does he leap over tall buildings, as well.

BTW why do you keep saying "we"? are you Canadian?

crazypete13 repped this.
  20. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to like me to take this advice seriously: I've blocked this person (had to click the button to see what was going on) for openly using violent white nationalist rhetoric. If you do engage further, don't give personal details.

xtomx repped this.
  21. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I’m here for the LOLs

xtomx repped this.
  22. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Of course, my entire family lives in Canada. Only business places us sometimes abroad. This is my impression. O'Toole really represents our attitude, values and he brings traditional values in each domestic environment. Others just don't understand Canada, what Canada was, is and what is meant to be.

I say "we", because we are Canadians and we must decide what is good for us - Canadians. We are not visible in geopolitical charts, projections. A lot of people are feeling the call of Canada.:)

23. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I rather deal with reality. Marijuana is just some random escape from sad reality.
    I knew one person for 2-3 months. He used weed, he lost his job in a nice company: he was late, he had some strange illusions, he couldn't finish anything, because he pressured people "about life".:D He would always end with words: You get that my old man, my old friend. He was not effective. He was fired, came in new company. He would arrive at 10 AM sometimes. 1-2 hours late. One time he had an illusion that he is in a hospital and that the nurse wants to make an amputation of his foot. That's why he was late. Nurse, not a doctor. He was in that company for 2 months. He slept and missed the alarm.

Addicts live the life of illusions, parallel reality.

He was sweating during winters, small balls of sweat, half closed eyes. He barely stood in elevator space. If a person smokes marijuana often, he is an addict, he needs that impulse.:thumbsdown:

The dealers are not your friends guys. Where do you get the drugs? Probably some "dude" with goat beard who understands the life.

Tobacco and alcohol also not healthy. Observe people in parks. Alcohol, no teeth, violet faces.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    oh go on, admit it. you used to be a member of the Rhinoceros Party - right?

shame they don't exist any more. I always had a soft spot for them. who couldn't be persuaded by this kind of bold thinking in their 2019 election platform? (I found the ones about the Rockies and Tim Hortons particularly through-provoking):

If elected, the Rhinoceros Party of Canada has promised to:
    • Take Canada off the gold standard, opting instead to use a snow standard to boost the economy
    • Repeal the law of gravity
    • Promote higher education by building taller schools
    • Pave the Bay of Fundy to make more parking for the Maritimes
    • Count the Thousand Islands to make sure the Americans didn’t steal any
    • Change Montreal’s rue Ste-Catherine into the world’s longest bowling alley
    • Ban crappy Canadian winters
    • Abolish all laws to end crime
    • Tear down the Rockies so Albertans can see the Pacific sunset
    • Abolish lawn mowing in Outremont, QC
    • Ban guns and butter—both kill
    • Reform the retail lottery scheme by replacing cash prizes with Senate appointments
    • Forget having two official languages; replace with having two official ears (In French, the same word is used for "language" and for "tongue")
    • Seat the Queen of Canada in Buckingham, Quebec
    • Privatize the Queen
    • Tax the black market
    • Nationalize Tim Hortons
    • Move the national capital to Kapuskasing, Ontario to be closer to the centre of the country
    • In order to increase car pooling and reduce road speeds, car manufacturers will need to move the brake pedal to the passenger side.
    • Rename black ice to neon yellow ice.
    • During a storm all speed limits will be eliminated to make sure Canadians spend as little time on the roads as possible in order to reduce the likelihood of a collision.
    • Use rubber instead of concrete when building roads in major cities to reduce the number of injuries to cyclists.
    • Encouraged by the success of law that now allows motorists to turn right on a red light, the party will now allow them to turn left or go straight.
    • Mandate archaeologists to discover if remains of roads actually exist under Montreal potholes.
    • Promote MP fitness by having them cross the floor daily.
    • Transport oil and gas in blimps instead of pipelines.

Ameijoas, song219 and xtomx repped this.
  25. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Why do you mock me? Is your act democratic? Does it go with our liberal standards? Why are you destroying my freedom, when I express my stand and what science confirmed. Is Canada really a free country? Or is it selective? Double standards, criteria. If we agree, I will protect your freedom. If we disagree, I will destroy you and represent you as cartoon character?
    Few users here don't support my freedom of expression. Our forefathers fought for our freedom when they came in new world. The freedom is mandatory. I don't mock to your choice or if you consider marijuana as healthy and organic herbal delight.:)