Canada vs. Mexico [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 31, 2003.

1. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    adding

Wanted to add to my previous post on previous page.

I think C.Kiss will make the final cut on sheer effort. Her concentration is super, but her ball delivery needs more accuracy. She kinds of remind me of Paul Stalteri early days.

Not so sure about Randee. Maybe defense is not her forte. Too bad, after all she is good enough in Norway.

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: adding

i don't think kristina kiss was ever "on the bubble"...she has been playing very well this year, and going to the pan-ams also did wonders for her.

elaine

3. CAFAN

CAFAN Member

May 30, 2003
    Re: adding

Where do you get your ideas? If it's the last few games, Pellerud used the opportunity to try a bunch of experimental stuff out against a severely outmatched team. Algarve Cup, England games and Brazil games were much better indicators of his preferences.

Barring injury, Kiss and Hermus are definitely in and likely starters. Hermus has been a back line fixture for some time now. She played solid games against Brazil and scored two important goals. With Chapman and possibly Boyd out, Pellerud needs his two remaining starters (Nonen and Hermus) more than ever. Kiss has really improved her playmaking/possession this year and has always been known for her accurate long balls (run of the play and set plays). Pellerud is very happy with her game and his midfield these days.

4. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Re: Re: adding

I get my ideas from observation and experience. Some posters were looking for comments on the last game so I gave my observations. I am sorry you dislike them. But not to worry, I'll find another forum more open to people's opinions.

On your last phrase I guess you meant to type "her" midfield these days.

5. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Hey, toepunt, keep postin'!

Hey, toepunt, keep posting! I enjoy your posts, and the fact that you were at the game gives you credibility.

The fact that a few other posters seem a bit brittle should not put you off, that's their problem, not yours. Enjoy yourself.

Cheers, your soccer buddy, db

6. CAFAN

CAFAN Member

May 30, 2003
    Re: Hey, toepunt, keep postin'!

beaches
    Don't get your knickers in a knot. You're both free to express your opinions. The more, the merrier. Just don't expect them to necessarily go unquestioned.

toepunt
    By your response, I see you were basing roster comments on the last game. That's why I asked.

Pellerud is happy with her play and his/Canada's midfield.

7. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    No.
    At least not in Vancouver, but they were never really much in the game.

Finally saw abit of the Edmonton game. Wasn't very impressed with Hermus in the central defense.