Canada vs. Mexico [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 31, 2003.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey guys-

almost half time, and canada is up 2-0 off a goal from kara lang and andrea neil.

something to note is that hooper is playing on our backline b/c of injuries to our defense etc.

elaine

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    right before halftime, latham scores our third goal of the game off a nice cross from kara.

elaine

3. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Our backline at the moment is frightening.

Everytime the ball crosses midfield I go like this: :eek:

Seeing Hoop back there is just wierd, although I'm impressed by Dennis.

Neil's goal was jaw dropping.

I hope Sinclair doesn't disapear as much as she is in the second half. Long streches without hearing her name, not cool.

Just as I was thinking that Lang looks a little tired, comentators mention an ankle problem shes had during the summer. They thought it was broken at one point (it wasn't) but as a result hasn't got to train 'as much' . She's playing awesome, just deosn't seem 'herself'.

4. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    2nd half about to start.

lang is subbed out and consolante in. more subs on their way ...

ooo...now nonen has the pinny on and could potentially play, but i doubt she'll come in.

elaine

ps- mel, i'm posting over at go big red!! stop by if you want!! http://www.gobigred.ca/forum/ubb/ultimatebb.php

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    sincy scores her first of the game from a nice ball from latham....easy slotted ball.

canada 4 - mexico 0

elaine

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    this is turning out to be a rout .lol

latham scores her 2nd goal of the game (she's having a great game) as she slides and blasts the ball into the net, almost roofing the goal.

canada 5 - mexico 0

elaine

7. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hometown girl sasha andrews is subbed into the game in the 57th minute for randee hermus.

big cheer from her hometown crowd!!! glad to see sash on the field.

elaine

8. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    gosh....this is becoming like GC games vs. haiti and jamiaca, lol

hooper gets her first of the game (since she's moved back up top at the half), and knocks in a ball with the inside of her left foot from a sincy cross.

canada 6 - mexico 0

eeek! hoops is down grabbing her foot, but phew, she's back up ...

elaine

9. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    eeek, just not mexico's day today...now i'm starting to feel bad for them.

sincy runs at the defense and draws out the keeper molina...sincy kinda shoots it and they're giving her the goal eventhough it looks like an OG to me.

canada 7 - mexico 0

i see both izzy and rhian getting ready to go in... IZZY is going in! yeah! so is rhian. yep yip!

elaine

10. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    rhian in for latham ... izzy in for andie.

:thumbsup: YAY IZZY! lol :D

elaine

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    another sub.

changing keeper....erin mcleod in for KK...crowd going crazy for erin

woohoo!! another goal, as hometown girl sasha andrews scores off a choppy play for her first int'l goal!! go sash!! she's happy lol

canada 8 - mexico 0

elaine

12. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    rustad coming in, timko coming out.

good to see clare in the game...i think we've cleared the bench now ...

78th minute

elaine

13. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    the sideline reporter just gave a free commercial for the FUll90 head gear...showed it zoomed up and explained what it was

3 canucks wore it during the game today: hoops, latham and KK...and boyd should be wearing it when she returns to the field too.

elaine

14. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    we've got ourselves a new bone crusher in the backline!!! lol

consolante gets a yellow card...much to her dismay ;) lol

elaine

15. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    game over.

canada wins 8-0 in a rout. mexico wasn't anywhere near their GC form from last fall ... i'm sure they're missing key players (dominguez) and possibly some of their NCAAers (ie. iris mora @ ucla)

elaine

16. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    STELLAR half by Sinclair. That's what I love to see.

I like Dennis alot. Shes solid and with a bit more experience, she'll be valuable.

Speaks volumes when we score 8 goals off of 6 different players. Exciting stuff.

Lastly, Christine Latham is my new God.

17. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG.. They will never forgive you. This is almost as bad as when Canada blew up the Baldwin brothers.

18. WLU_Mike

WLU_Mike New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Ontario
    Good to see our women's team is strong with the World Cup approaching. I guessed after the 2nd goal the final score would be 6-0 for Canada. The result couldn't have been better for us. I was just thinking how great it would be to see Kara Lang playing in a Wilfrid Laurier jersey two or three years from now. Yeah, I know...that's about as likely as the Blue Jays winning this year's World Series.

19. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    I am glad to see LeBlanc getting some exposure, she needs the experience if she is going to be the backup for MacLeod. I was glad to see also Hooper's work rate improved. Great versatility shown by all. Pellerud's coaching system is resulting in a new soccer style for women play. He will go down in history as a great innovator. I hope he will write a book some day, but I am not sure I'll still be alive to read it. Tsk, tsk.

20. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    :eek:

I think you have those names mixed up bud bud!!

21. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    No mixed up. But why would you think so?

22. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    LeBlanc is far more solid and experienced. Erin, I personally think, is younger, can be rattled a bit easier, she does have the U19 championship experience, but thats nothing compared to senior level games at any level.

23. justink

justink Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Ditto on LeBlanc

LeBlanc has been the keeper for most of the recent games (i.e. Brazil).

The starting keeper's job is for her to lose and based on the past 3 games, she hasn't lost it.

McLeod is more inexperienced and thereby not as polished. More likely to make unforced errors a la semis vs Brazil last year.

Watching Swiatek in the Pan-Ams leads me to think that she is actually more technical sound than McLeod and with more games should be the future #2 keeper.

24. CAFAN

CAFAN Member

May 30, 2003
    Despite his comments to the media about GK parity, Pellerud's game choices are not hard to read. His current pecking order is:

1. LeBlanc

2. McLeod

3. Swiatek

Can't see that changing before September 20.