Canada to Legalize Pot?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by LeperKhan, Sep 4, 2002.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ian,

You haven't posted in my goodbye thread yet.

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure, I have. Posted about the same time as you posted this one. :) I'm gonna miss you, man!

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It may very well have, but this is like saying "Yup, those cigars finally caught up with George Burns".

Look... smoke in the lungs ain't good for you, regardless of what was burned to put it there. But let's be realistic- you know as well as I do that of all the non-essential substances Jerry Garcia probably ingested, (including tobacco and alcohol), weed was one of the most benign.

4. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    If you wanna get down, get down on the ground: Cocaine

Yeah, I know, it's Clapton/J.J. Cale, but you know what I mean.

In any case, if this proposal does go through, you're all invited to come to my cabin in British Columbia. ;)

5. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Did you know Jerry Garcia's daughter's name is Trixie and she dates Del the Funkie Homospien.

No one has ever died from Ganja, ever!

6. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    What about Bob Marley? Or was his lung cancer completely unrelated to his affinity for "de 'erb"?

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Come on...this is the same point I refuted about Garcia. If you burn (insert any organic or inorganic substance you wish here), and inhale the smoke for long enough, chances are you'll have health problems.

8. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    I know, I mentioned that Marley thing half-jokingly. Of course pot isn't heroin or crack and having a joint every now and then isn't going to kill you any time soon, but if you allow your life to start revolving around it, than it's very likely to be bad news.

9. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Actually, Bob died from Cancer in his toe, playing the greatest sport of all, Soccer barefoot.

He kicked a rock, it cut his toe, he didn't take care of, it got gangreen, turned into cancer,and moved from his toe all the way up his body, he passed away from it, Rastas don't believe in amputations!

There has never been a case where Ganja killed, or it was never proven it did.

The Ganja, "healing of the nations', also known as hemp, cannabis, or marijuana, is used as a holy sacrament by Rastas in many ways. The legend says that the Holy Herb was found growing on the King Solomon's grave.
    Use of herb has his source in the Bible: "Thou shalt eat the herb of the field." (Genesis 3:18), "eat every herb of the land." (Exodus 10:12), "Better is a dinner of herb where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred there with." (Proverbs 15:17), "He causeth the grass for the cattle, and herb for the service of man." (Psalms 104:14)
    Rastas smoke herb to meditate, symbolizing the burning bush, and for his curative properties (ie asthma). Herb can be eaten or infused. His seeds are very nutrious. Hemp is also used to make clothes, shoes and ropes.

10. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Why do Governments argue with Bible!j/k

11. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Great stuff there, Ruudboy. If the bible says I should then I'm game for this religion thing. ;)

12. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.theonion.com/onion3833/wdyt_3833.html

"The last thing we need is a glut of web sites explaining how, if you watch Strange Brew while listening to Rush's 2112, it all matches up."

Spring Break in Montreal? Strippers and Bong Hits!

13. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can there be a better place for a bachelor party than Canada now? The addition of Mary Jane may push the country past Vegas.