Can we find room for Eddie Johnson on our team??

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by bridgeviewturd, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    From the NY daily news!!

ON THE BLOCK: F.C. Dallas is shopping forward Eddie Johnson, who made a splash for the U.S. during World Cup qualifying, according to league sources. Johnson, who earns $875,000 a year, the second highest for an American in the league behind L.A.'s Landon Donovan ($900,000), has been injury-prone, has turned off teammates with a bad attitude and has some off-the-field issues, sources said.

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wants to take a pay cut. Something tells me he doesn't.

3. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Meanwhile, in the "these things don't only happen to us" department, team captain and former league MVP Amado Guevara doesn't want to play for Alexi Lalas.

Can we trick Alexi into taking Sanneh and Thorrington for him?

Later,
    COZ

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Throw in a hippy music box set of some sort and I'll say that yes, we can get him to go for it.

5. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview

Now my man thats a brilliant idea!!! Man I hope to God they are listening to you. Wow what a upgrade that would be. I think we could almost throw in Armas in that mix too or maybe a few draft picks.

6. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also I read that Mo Johnston owes some serious cash money to the UK's version of the IRS... http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=5203

7. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Isn't that awful expensive just to buy someone to keep Tony Sanneh company during rehab?

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    No thanks to either. They're both head cases.

9. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Exactly. EJ's "broken toe" kept him out for most of the season. Or it's because he caught a case of the sissies.

10. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    I'd assume the latter - it's been going around in Dallas.

Besides, healthy and in form he was the target of foreign acquisition. MLS decided to pony up big bucks to keep him around longer, but for how long. See LA can justify the money for Landon because they know that the OberPuzzyWhipster isn't going back to europe. It's scary there and the people smell funny.

11. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zach and Sanneh/Thhorrington for Guevara. My guess is he will play pretty well with Ivan.

12. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    If I were running MLS, this would be the exact reason I'd give LA that they can't justify the money for Landon. He bailed on a foreign contract twice. Where the hell else is he going to play? Who is going to risk picking him up just so he can come running home again?

What exactly are his other options at this point? Models don't date balding fry-cooks.

13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they don't date Landon Donovan either, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

14. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Model. Actress. Vicodin-Popping Skank. ---- Please gentlemen, let's not argue over symantics. We should focus on bigger questions, like "what's up with the adam's apple?"

But Ron Keller, you make an excellent point. MLS should never have taken that deal. They probably could have saved a few hundred grand and called his bluff.

15. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    short answer: no.

long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

16. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    For the 7 seconds that he'll play, maybe.

After that, he'll spend the rest of the season threatening to move back to Honduras or wherever.